PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Tree Meet Wednesday 6th February

rich17865
3rd January 2013, 18:08
Our next arranged monthly evening meet is going to be at 20:00 Wednesday 6th February at the Hollow Tree in Stretton.

As usual I will be there, come one come all.

I will probably be there for about 19:00 to get some food.

Please be aware that regional meets are not official 75 & ZT Owners Clubs meets and as such are not covered by the clubs public liability insurance.
Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

vindaloo
6th January 2013, 21:45
See you here as usual for a nose bag.

James.uk
7th January 2013, 16:38
Still too cold for me innit... *goes back to sleep*.... :}

MattyC
7th January 2013, 17:00
It's quite warm in the pub that man!! No standing around freezing our nuts off at these winter evening meets hehe.

I probably won't be at this one as I'll be in the midst of a 33 concurrent day stretch at work, but shall see how things pan out and try to make it.

:)

vindaloo
12th January 2013, 17:12
It's quite warm in the pub that man!! No standing around freezing our nuts off at these winter evening meets hehe.

I probably won't be at this one as I'll be in the midst of a 33 concurrent day stretch at work, but shall see how things pan out and try to make it.

I think you mean consecutive days of work, as if it was concurrent you would be working all 33 days at the same time:getmecoat: and you could be at the meeting but you may be a bit tired:shrug:

MattyC
16th January 2013, 02:10
Seems I'm tired already :p: Yes you're very correct, and it's been extended to 43 now!! but it won't really effect whether I can make it or not, it's more how long the shifts are, if I'm covering my normal shifts, I'll be there, if there's only two of us to cover the day though, they'll be 12 hours and I'll start at 2100. So we shall see.

The joys of the holiday season hehe!!

James.uk
16th January 2013, 02:23
Oi Rich, why do you have to put the disclaimer rhubarb on a thread when you are just inviting friends to a meeting in a pub???? Strictly speaking, it ain't their business innit.. :)

The powers that be, should simply state in their rules that any meetings not arranged by the management isn't = blah blah blah innit... :}

MattyC
16th January 2013, 02:45
I guess the statement has to be there because it's being posted/organised on the forum (did you know that a car meet organised on the internet is illegal, without the prior permission of the landlord/property owner), and if as I suspect the forum is being run as a "company" and is covered by insurance for "official" meets, then it just indemnifies the forum (company) and their insurance, against any liability that might occur as a result of an issue at the meet.

MattyC
16th January 2013, 02:49
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=19214

James.uk
16th January 2013, 03:08
So having printed said disclaimer, and inserted it in the rules, the "club" is covered... (which I already knew) so why must we repeat it constantly??? :shrug:

And yes, this forum is registered as a limited Co and is owned by Christopher someone.. Dunno his other name... The mods run it for him free of charge..

MattyC
16th January 2013, 03:15
Like everything these days, nothing in life would be complete without some red sticky back plastic :p:

rich17865
16th January 2013, 21:35
Oi Rich, why do you have to put the disclaimer rhubarb on a thread when you are just inviting friends to a meeting in a pub???? Strictly speaking, it ain't their business innit.. :)

The powers that be, should simply state in their rules that any meetings not arranged by the management isn't = blah blah blah innit... :}

I guess the statement has to be there because it's being posted/organised on the forum (did you know that a car meet organised on the internet is illegal, without the prior permission of the landlord/property owner), and if as I suspect the forum is being run as a "company" and is covered by insurance for "official" meets, then it just indemnifies the forum (company) and their insurance, against any liability that might occur as a result of an issue at the meet.

So having printed said disclaimer, and inserted it in the rules, the "club" is covered... (which I already knew) so why must we repeat it constantly??? :shrug:

And yes, this forum is registered as a limited Co and is owned by Christopher someone.. Dunno his other name... The mods run it for him free of charge..

Official organised meets are set up by the club and have rules that they have to comply to so that the meet is covered by the clubs public liability insurance in the event of an accident.

An example of this is that there must be a marshall to direct traffic arriving at a meet.

The clubs insurance only covers a certain number of meets per year. Because of this only official meets are covered by the insurance as it would cost too much to cover the many meets the different regions hold each year.

As such, the club has requested that a disclaimer is added to non official meets so that there is no confusion as to if the meet is covered by the clubs insurance.

As you point out James.uk, we are just a bunch of friends meeting in a pub, bring your own liability insurance (common sense should suffice :D)

The reason that it is printed on the bottom of all of the arranged North West meet threads is because we welcome such a quantity of new members, it is clear to all. I know what radio station I listen to, but they keep telling me which one it is every few minutes!

As to car meets arranged on the internet being illegal, couldn't find anything on that myself, neither of my parents (30 years in the police force each), nor their colleagues, or my solicitor friend had heard of it before. Let's hope we will all stay out of prison long enough to have something to eat!

MattyC
16th January 2013, 21:42
Without the express permission of the landowner, it is a civil offence at the very least. Something I learnt from my days of organising cruises. We ended up paying to use private land with the permission from the landlord due to attracting unwanted attention from the plod and constantly be moving on by threatening us with the long arm of the law. If I remember correctly, they can also use the anti-terrorism laws to effect now.

It's one of the reasons, the cruising scene is this country is pretty much on its knees nowadays.

rich17865
16th January 2013, 22:17
It's one of the reasons, the cruising scene is this country is pretty much on its knees nowadays.

In a word, good :D

MattyC
18th January 2013, 00:04
Yeah, I know a lot of people saw them as troublesome, and there were some elements of it, but generally, most of the folk were car enthusiastcs as much as we are. We had a traffic bobby used to attend our meets, sometimes in the plod car (Poor soul drove an X-type and couldn't slate it enough, till he wrote it off, they put him in a 530d) I know it was cruising that got myself, and a lot of friends, into cars to the point we've all gradually moved across to marque enthusiast forums. I guess you could call cruising the prep school for clubs like ourselves lol, and I do worry with youngsters being priced off the road, and forced out being able to arrange car meets, we may not have such expansive clubs as this in the future for newer cars etc, and less and less "younger" members.

It looks like I'm doing a 12 hour on the 6th, starting at 9pm, so probably a no-go for me. There's only two of us on for the whole of February from looks of things, so going to make an extra effort to make this Sunday's meet, even if I'm a little later than normal. Everything colliding at once for me :(

metro6r4
31st January 2013, 18:49
i shall be attending,it will be my first after buying my 75 just before christmas :}

rich17865
31st January 2013, 18:59
i shall be attending,it will be my first after buying my 75 just before christmas :}

You will be more than welcome, do you want my number in case you cannot find us?

metro6r4
1st February 2013, 18:49
i,ve googled the pub so i know where it is,thanks Rich...Ade:}

carguy143
4th February 2013, 13:52
You will be more than welcome, do you want my number in case you cannot find us?

How's the gearbox Rich? I believe you've got some goodies for me. I'll see you there.

Rik.

rich17865
4th February 2013, 18:12
How's the gearbox Rich? I believe you've got some goodies for me. I'll see you there.

Rik.

Gearbox appears fine now, thanks for asking.

I certainly do have something you might like!

See you Wednesday.

MattyC
5th February 2013, 00:20
The 12 hour shifts have changed, don't start till Wednesday now! So I'm a very likely attendee :D

James.uk
5th February 2013, 00:48
>>>i,ve googled the pub so i know where it is,thanks Rich...Ade<<<

You WILL NEED the phone number Ade, unless you want to go to every room and every table in the place asking people if they drive either a 75 or a ZT innit.. :o

Even then, people have in the past, been unable to find our group and gone home disappointed and grumpy.. :shrug:

Frank Incensed
6th February 2013, 16:04
Hi chaps.

I'm bringing David Williams tonight. His ZT-T suffered water ingress to the load space and initially the CD changer stopped working, as did the voice guidance on his Satnav. He's had the car looked at by an auto electrics place and he says the unit was been sent back to Alpine for repair :shrug: - but now the radio doesn't work either. The auto electrics place is trying to sell him some expensive gear, which he says is far too complicated. Any advice you can give him tonight would be greatly appreciated.

See you later

carguy143
6th February 2013, 16:51
Hi chaps.

I'm bringing David Williams tonight. His ZT-T suffered water ingress to the load space and initially the CD changer stopped working, as did the voice guidance on his Satnav. He's had the car looked at by an auto electrics place and he says the unit was been sent back to Alpine for repair :shrug: - but now the radio doesn't work either. The auto electrics place is trying to sell him some expensive gear, which he says is far too complicated. Any advice you can give him tonight would be greatly appreciated.

See you later

Sounds like a plan. I'm sure someone with more experience of these systems will be able to point him in the right direction.

Rik.

MattyC
6th February 2013, 22:52
Good turnout tonight, nice to see some new people there as well! Cheers all! :)

carguy143
7th February 2013, 00:32
And thanks to Rich and Vindaloo for the cheap projectors.

Frank Incensed
7th February 2013, 06:43

I trust we can look forward to an entertaining slide show at the next meeting, then? I'll bring a couple of boxes of old Kodak 35mm. And now I'll :getmecoat:

Damn! Forgot to check the cars last night for "Optikool" or "Solar Plus".:cool:
Oh, well. I've set my phone to remind me on Saturday.

rich17865
7th February 2013, 07:49
I had a great time last night, I think there was 16 people counted altogether, a substantial turnout!

I am certainly looking forward to the next one.

vindaloo
7th February 2013, 08:46
Yes, a brilliant turnout and very enjoyable indeed. With the numbers growing month by month, I think the pub might be changing it's advertising from Wednesday night is Curry night to Wednesday night is Rover night.

vindaloo
7th February 2013, 08:47

A pleasure young man;)

vindaloo
7th February 2013, 08:55
Hi chaps.

See you later

New member Michael who turned up last night has a broken car with the same ICE system as David's. It might be possible to substitute parts in David's car to eliminate his faulty component. Rich and I will be visiting Michael in the next 10 days or so to help sort out breaking the car and I'm sure he will be happy to lend some parts to help David out.

J1MBO
7th February 2013, 08:56
Yes, a brilliant turnout and very enjoyable indeed. With the numbers growing month by month, I think the pub might be changing it's advertising from Wednesday night is Curry night to Wednesday night is Rover night.

Love it ;)

Yes it was a great evening, sorry I didn't get to talk to everybody :o

J1MBO
7th February 2013, 08:58
New member Michael who turned up last night has a broken car with the same ICE system as David's. It might be possible to substitute parts in David's car to eliminate his faulty component. Rich and I will be visiting Michael in the next 10 days or so to help sort out breaking the car and I'm sure he will be happy to lend some parts to help David out.

Sounds a good plan, I'd discussed a similar idea with David as being the best way to proceed with the fault

Frank Incensed
7th February 2013, 12:00
Sounds a good plan, I'd discussed a similar idea with David as being the best way to proceed with the fault

Thanks fellas.:} This could help David find where his problem lies. I've sent him a text with the news. I might even be able to persuade him to let me drive his ZT-T to wherever the test can be arranged! He must really hate night driving and driving in bad weather to insist that I chauffeur him to meetings!:D

carguy143
7th February 2013, 13:49
Thanks fellas.:} This could help David find where his problem lies. I've sent him a text with the news. I might even be able to persuade him to let me drive his ZT-T to wherever the test can be arranged! He must really hate night driving and driving in bad weather to insist that I chauffeur him to meetings!:D

Please get him to drive to the next meet. It seems like i'm the only real regular with a ZT at these things (obviously when Sid isn't around)! :D