PDA

View Full Version : Scottish T4 & Weekend Event at Perth Airport 23rd/24th March 2013

Astraeus
3rd January 2013, 22:54
Scottish T4 & Weekend Event at Perth Airport 23rd/24th March 2013
As Per Club rules :- Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.
Here are the details of our Scottish T4 meet and Weekend Event on 23rd & 24th March 2013. (Open to all!)u
The event is to take place based at Perth Airport http://www.perthairport.eu/ (http://www.perthairport.eu/) thanks to the kind permission of Morris Leslie Group. There are a number of things planned for the weekend and all club members both North and South of the border are welcome to attend for one or both of the two days. T4 sessions may be available from Gary (Lovel from Aberdeen) & Brian (Marina Brian from Newcastle.) Contact them directly for details.
Microlight and Microlight Aircraft flights are to be available (Weather permitting) at group rates from The Scottish Microlight Flight Centre that is based at the Airport. These will be booked directly with them but please notify me first so I can ensure you get the reduced rate. The following link gives some more details.
http://scottishmfc.co.uk/ (http://scottishmfc.co.uk/)
Our reduced rates giving a good saving on standard prices are :-
20 minute flights for £45 (Flexwing) and £55 (Fixed wing).
30 minute flights for £55 (Flexwing) and £65 (Fixed wing).
An informative video on this site’s home page gives you all a taster of that activity but also shows the Scottish Aero Clubhouse where we hope to have a joint barbecue on the Saturday night. ( It shows the Microlight Aircraft on the homepage but not the video) Come on now, who is going to be brave and join me? I have flown from here in my friends aircraft and the scenery is fantastic! One thing for us to prove wrong though, is that Ian tells me when you have been up we will get rid of our land based craft!
I have also arranged a fantastic private tour of Scone Palace on Sunday at 1pm. This is a week before official opening and I am very grateful that they have agreed to this. We have also been offered the opportunity to park up our cars on the gravel in front of the Palace to give some fantastic photo opportunities. The cost of this tour is £10 per person and is very good value. This is the charge for a tour of the Palace and grounds. This will be paid on the day but needs to be booked through me.
http://www.scone-palace.co.uk/ (http://www.scone-palace.co.uk/)
On Saturday evening we will have live music courtesy of Anna (Scooterchick) and a couple of my mates and their guitars. Oh yes and me on my Bass Guitar (Groan)! Free entertainment. If you give me a fee I will put my guitar away! Any other musicians coming please let me know!
For those of you wanting to stay overnight I have spoken to Skylodge (On site Travelodge style hotel)and their very competitive rates include a free continental breakfast. This is to be booked directly with them. This can be done online. When you have booked can you let me know so I can keep a record. Basic (Limited availability ) double rooms are only £35 and standard £41. There are also a couple of family rooms. This is great value. Perhaps anyone travelling far may want to stay on Friday as well. Book now to guarantee a room. Plenty free at the moment. Here is their website.
http://www.skylodgeperth.co.uk/ (http://www.skylodgeperth.co.uk/)
Footnote- Please Read!
It is my intention to take out single event public liability insurance for this event to cover us. The cost is circa £65. (This has now been purchased and cost £85 for the two days.) It would be great if members could make a payment of £5 per car for each day. The excess will be donated to The Scottish Aero Club that is based here. It is their facilities that we will be using. Morris Leslie Group have asked us to make a donation here instead of any payment for use of their site.
If you are going to attend please notify me by PM of your Forum name, Real name and contact number and anything you would like to book or have booked directly. I will keep a running note on the Scottish Events thread of the Forum names of those intending to attend and what they wish to do. It would also be helpful to know if you are planning to attend both or one day.

Caravan facilities are available nearby
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekerlite/aspx/details.aspx?id=7260
Photographs of the event are to be taken and will be free in electronic format to members after event.

Best Regards to all and hope to see you there.

Chris

Confirmed so far

MarinaBrian (T4) (Two days)
Lovel (Gary) (T4) (one day)

Astraeus (Both days 2 adults)
Flyer (Both days 2 adults)
Terrorfex (Both days 1+1 poss adults)
iandb1970 (one day)
75 Tourer (one day)
Alan_G (One day -possibly two)
Gurgle 260 (Both days 2 adults)
Jim Jamieson (Both days 2 adults)
Tim_Burgess (both days 2 adults)
1977Andrew (1 day possibly 2)
Graham1961 (both days 1 adult)
Trikey (Sunday 1 adult)
Georgetrike (Sunday 1 adult)
Kbonney88 (both days 1adult)
mmcwalter (Sunday 1 adult)
stugee (one day 1 adult)
woodsie (Newbie-Saturday 1 adult)
Parahandy (both days 2 adults)
Jimbass (I day 1 adult)
Tammyboy (both days? 1 Adult)
Rapid6 (Saturday 1 adult)
Leigh (2 adults Saturday)
Davidhynds (Saturday)

Non Rover75 or MG ZT Owners

John and Kate Lorimer (and guitar)
Ronnie Stewart (and guitar)
Joan and Ian Roy (and cameras!)
Mike & Jackie (and a dodgy Honda!)

[B]EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

Astraeus
3rd January 2013, 22:57
I will start the ball rolling. Obviously I intend to attend both days and will be brave and take a 20 minute microlight flight. Been up in a light aircraft but not one of these! I will also be getting my car a T4 session. I will also be attending the Scone Palace tour on Sunday.
I have just PM'd myself to let me know and remembered to send myself our real names! :-)

Chris

Simondi
3rd January 2013, 23:43
Sadly I am due to be in sunny Teeside that weekend:(

FLYER
3rd January 2013, 23:47
Pm,d you chris.

Will attend both days.

Terrorfex
4th January 2013, 12:50
PM'd. Will probably attend both days.

Alan_G
4th January 2013, 15:06
I will be able to attend on the Sunday, at the moment I am working the saturday. I am dayshift though so might make it up in the evening for the BBQ. Will keep you informed nearer the time, but for now put me as a definite for the Sunday.

Astraeus
4th January 2013, 15:28
I will be able to attend on the Sunday, at the moment I am working the saturday. I am dayshift though so might make it up in the evening for the BBQ. Will keep you informed nearer the time, but for now put me as a definite for the Sunday.

Hi

Will add you to the list. At least you will not miss the tour of Scone Palace and the photo opportunity on the Sunday. Be great to see you whether for one or two days.

Chris

Yella Fella
4th January 2013, 17:26
I cant commit at this time as I'm attending a memorial run for a friend from MGFreedom who recently passed away. This run is pencilled in for late March, so it may clash. I'll let you know if I can attend as soon as a date is confirmed.

It looks like you have put a lot of time, thought and effort into this weekend, well done. :clap:

YF

Astraeus
4th January 2013, 18:22
I cant commit at this time as I'm attending a memorial run for a friend from MGFreedom who recently passed away. This run is pencilled in for late March, so it may clash. I'll let you know if I can attend as soon as a date is confirmed.

It looks like you have put a lot of time, thought and effort into this weekend, well done. :clap:

YF

Hi folks

Nine confirmed already. It would be good to get a few from other areas too.

Chris

Tim_Burgess
6th January 2013, 12:29
Hi Chris,

Can you put me and Elsa on the list - both days. I need to get a replacement key sorted out and this seems like an ideal opportunity.

Astraeus
6th January 2013, 13:54
Hi Chris,

Can you put me and Elsa on the list - both days. I need to get a replacement key sorted out and this seems like an ideal opportunity.

Hi will do. One or both days
Chris

FLYER
6th January 2013, 15:28
Hi Chris,

Hi tim,
As lovel(gary) will tell you I have found a keycutter in glasgow who can properly cut our keys so let me know when you want your blank cut.

Tim_Burgess
6th January 2013, 17:43
Hi tim,
As lovel(gary) will tell you I have found a keycutter in glasgow who can properly cut our keys so let me know when you want your blank cut.

Thanks George, I'll bear that in mind. My local independent guy managed to cut me an 'emergency' key that unlocks the car but won't start it. So I should be OK.

Tim_Burgess
6th January 2013, 18:02
Hi will do. One or both days
Chris

Both days please. Skylodge booked

Astraeus
7th January 2013, 16:07

Hi

Excellent. Will be a few staying there. Free buffet breakfast and a small cafe for those that fancy the unhealthy option
:o

Chris

1977andrew
7th January 2013, 22:50
I will defiantly make the Sunday will need to check rota to see if I can make the sat if I can we will book the sky lodge as its great value for money

Astraeus
8th January 2013, 16:29
I will defiantly make the Sunday will need to check rota to see if I can make the sat if I can we will book the sky lodge as its great value for money

Hope you can make it both days or even Saturday night and Sunday. I agree the lodge is good value for money and I will be staying there on Saturday night. Think a couple of folk doing Friday as well.

Chris

AldoR
8th January 2013, 21:27

That's me and Alison booked skylodge for fri/sat :D

Astraeus
8th January 2013, 21:29
That's me and Alison booked skylodge for fri/sat :D

Hi

Excellent. Will add to confirmed.

Chris

Thomas
8th January 2013, 21:32
I may try and make an appearance at this, not sure which day yet but mark me down as a possible :}

tricia1470
8th January 2013, 21:34
Hiya

Im actually off for this so will speak to Ross tomorrow :-)

lady zed
8th January 2013, 21:47
Hiya

Im actually off for this so will speak to Ross tomorrow :-)

Hope you can make it Tricia, would be nice to meet you :}

Terrorfex
8th January 2013, 21:54
If anyone has any questions regarding Perth in general, or the Airfield I'll be on-hand* to assist.

*By on-hand, I of course mean on-line and by that, I mean Private Message and by that, I mean maaaaaaybe.

Yella Fella
9th January 2013, 05:54
If anyone has any questions regarding Perth in general, or the Airfield I'll be on-hand* to assist.

*By on-hand, I of course mean on-line and by that, I mean Private Message and by that, I mean maaaaaaybe.

. . . and not at 2 in the morning lol.

Astraeus
10th January 2013, 23:57
I may try and make an appearance at this, not sure which day yet but mark me down as a possible :}

Hi

That will be good. Noted as probable. Will add name to list when confirmed. It would be good to see as many as possible.
Chris

Gurgle260
11th January 2013, 16:18
Prior to the news the other night my "lets have a go in the Microlight" Nerve Meter was at about +70 %

After the "experienced pilot and passenger hit the mountain" it is now down at about 40%

I equate a microlight as being of similar structural integrity to my kit car ..the only difference being that when my kit car decides to suddenly stop my altitude remains at 6 inches off the ground.

Robert

FLYER
11th January 2013, 17:17
Prior to the news the other night my "lets have a go in the Microlight" Nerve Meter was at about +70 %

After the "experienced pilot and passenger hit the mountain" it is now down at about 40%

I equate a microlight as being of similar structural integrity to my kit car ..the only difference being that when my kit car decides to suddenly stop my altitude remains at 6 inches off the ground.

Robert
Chicken..........
:D

Astraeus
11th January 2013, 21:39
Chicken..........

Where is your sense of adventure? Far more likely to get knocked down by a car tomorrow mate. The guy that is taking us is a qualified pilot and instructor! I am going to go for it. They will not take you up if conditions are bad. Anyway, you can go for the plane instead. Special seat for the nervous....
Now.....where did I put my Valium tablets?

Chris

Gurgle260
12th January 2013, 10:12
Just remember a hero is a coward who ran the wrong way :D:D:D

Robert

lady zed
12th January 2013, 10:14
Just remember a hero is a coward who ran the wrong way :D:D:D

Robert

Sounds good to me! I will be keep my feet firmly on the ground!

Astraeus
12th January 2013, 17:17
Sounds good to me! I will be keep my feet firmly on the ground!

Hi

Just think of the publicity.....Flying Adele -The next tribute act to be flying high!
:getmecoat:

Some nice publicity photos....

Chris

FLYER
12th January 2013, 19:26
Hi

Just think of the publicity.....Flying Adele -The next tribute act to be flying high!
:getmecoat:

Some nice publicity photos....

Chris

The ADELE ???

Is that a 2 seater.:p:

trikey
12th January 2013, 22:35
Count me in :D

FLYER
12th January 2013, 22:47
Count me in :Dwooooooooohooooooooo:D:bowdown:

ksilver
13th January 2013, 11:54
I'll maybe try to get the beast down to this, probably the Sunday only though.

Astraeus
13th January 2013, 22:26
Hi all

Gary (Lovel T4) back on the list as bringing his T4.
Thanks Gary

Chris

Yella Fella
14th January 2013, 07:33
hi all

gary (lovel t4) back on the list as bringing his t4.
Thanks gary

chris

:) :) :)

FLYER
14th January 2013, 09:37
Hi all

Gary (Lovel T4) back on the list as bringing his T4.
Thanks Gary

Chris
We are very lucky to have a member like gary with his box of tricks.

I dont know how close we came to losing him over this latest debacle but i am glad he is still around.

Woof25
14th January 2013, 13:09
We are very lucky to have a member like gary with his box of tricks.

I dont know how close we came to losing him over this latest debacle but i am glad he is still around.

If management had its head on the right way around,none of this t4 debacle need have occurred how a man or woman spends their money and who they share their knowledge and expertize with for no gain is no ones but theirs business imho

long live common sense sadly it isnt so common

Carpe Diem

Tim_Burgess
14th January 2013, 19:04
If management had its head on the right way around,none of this t4 debacle need have occurred how a man or woman spends their money and who they share their knowledge and expertize with for no gain is no ones but theirs business imho

long live common sense sadly it isnt so common

Carpe Diem

Very true. made my views on this very clear elsewhere so I wont bore everyone all over again.

I'm very glad to hear that Gary is still with us and coming down to Perth.

Yella Fella
17th January 2013, 08:00
Unfortunately I cant be there due to attending a Memorial Run for a member of MGFreedom who passed away in December. The run is being held in the Borders and Northumberland and its turned into an overnight stay in Morpeth on Sat 23rd.

Anyway, hope you all have a FANT4STIC time :)

FLYER
17th January 2013, 08:39
Unfortunately I cant be there due to attending a Memorial Run for a member of MGFreedom who passed away in December. The run is being held in the Borders and Northumberland and its turned into an overnight stay in Morpeth on Sat 23rd.

Anyway, hope you all have a FANT4STIC time :)

I see what you did there.:D

Graham1961
17th January 2013, 11:23
Hi All.....At the moment i am still waiting on holidays being passed (another driver wants the same weekend) but will do my absolute best, my supervisor has said he will do his best to cover the shifts, will keep you posted asap.....:cool:

FLYER
17th January 2013, 11:59
Hi All.....At the moment i am still waiting on holidays being passed (another driver wants the same weekend) but will do my absolute best, my supervisor has said he will do his best to cover the shifts, will keep you posted asap.....:cool:

No show without punch big G.:D

Astraeus
20th January 2013, 14:57
No show without punch big G.:D

Hi

Couple of quick updates. A couple of my good friends (poor folk drive Hondas) asked if they could come too. Absolutely no reason why not. They are coming to do a flight, Saturday evening (despite knowing what my singing is like!) and the tour of Scone Palace. Any good friends that you have are more than welcome even if they drive poor quality foreign cars!:D
Please let me know so I can add to list.

My mother who is a very keen amateur photographer is going to come with my father to take photos of our event and the photoshoot at Scone Palace. These will be available to anyone after the event free via email. In electronic format for you to print out.

Scone Palace have confirmed that the gift shop and cafe will be open on Sunday.

Keep warm all. Freezing here today!

Chris:)

Astraeus
20th January 2013, 16:44
Hi

Couple of quick updates. A couple of my good friends (poor folk drive Hondas) asked if they could come too. Absolutely no reason why not. They are coming to do a flight, Saturday evening (despite knowing what my singing is like!) and the tour of Scone Palace. Any good friends that you have are more than welcome even if they drive poor quality foreign cars!:D
Please let me know so I can add to list.

My mother who is a very keen amateur photographer is going to come with my father to take photos of our event and the photoshoot at Scone Palace. These will be available to anyone after the event free via email. In electronic format for you to print out.

Scone Palace have confirmed that the gift shop and cafe will be open on Sunday.

Keep warm all. Freezing here today!

Chris:)

Hi

Can whoever was talking about bringing their caravan please send me a PM. Mind like a.....well....grandad's!
Need to ask you something

Chris

Astraeus
21st January 2013, 17:55
Hi

Can whoever was talking about bringing their caravan please send me a PM. Mind like a.....well....grandad's!
Need to ask you something

Chris

Jim has informed me that they intend bringing two cars. We are bringing our 75 and our 45 to speak to a T4.
Anyone else bringing two? :shrug:

Chris

buzzardjohn
21st January 2013, 18:35
count me in i come up saterday to sunday

Astraeus
21st January 2013, 19:39
count me in i come up saterday to sunday

Already more than 20 Rover 75/MG ZTs making an appearance!
That is great. Will add your name to list. Are you going to stay at the Skylodge?
Shaping up to be a good weekend.

Chris:}

buzzardjohn
22nd January 2013, 19:22
yes stay skylodge saterday be coming myself trying to get my better half to change shift

Jim Jamieson
23rd January 2013, 12:14
The Missus & I are booked for Scone Camping & Caravan Site for the weekend. Still intend to bring both cars so will see you all there.

JYJ

Astraeus
24th January 2013, 14:55
The Missus & I are booked for Scone Camping & Caravan Site for the weekend. Still intend to bring both cars so will see you all there.

JYJ

Hi all

I am going to make up a little booklet for all who attend with a small picture of your car and a bit of history. For example what mods you have done, where and when you bought it, where it was originally sold from what other Rovers/MGs you have owned etc. You do not have to contribute to this or only send limited info but I think we would all find it quite interesting. Will PM you all at end of February to gather together the stuff.

Chris

Gurgle260
24th January 2013, 18:15
Happy to send any info you require

Robert

Jim Jamieson
24th January 2013, 21:52
Hi all

I am going to make up a little booklet for all who attend with a small picture of your car and a bit of history. For example what mods you have done, where and when you bought it, where it was originally sold from what other Rovers/MGs you have owned etc..............

Chris

Better make that a big book Chris I could fill a page or two :D

Nice idea though :bowdown:

JYJ

Thomas
24th January 2013, 22:01
well me Mrs booked a wee break away for us, unfortunately its the same week as this ! :getmecoat:

may still make it depending on what day I travel back up

Astraeus
24th January 2013, 22:23
well me Mrs booked a wee break away for us, unfortunately its the same week as this ! :getmecoat:

may still make it depending on what day I travel back up

Hi
You can add the two days on to the end of your holiday! Excellent place to stay on site. Then send your better half up for a microlight flight. She will never moan about your car again. :D:D:D
Chris

Thomas
24th January 2013, 22:23
Hi
You can add the two days on to the end of your holiday! Excellent place to stay on site. Then send your better half up for a microlight flight. She will never moan about your car again. :D:D:D
Chris

I like your thinking Chris!

Astraeus
24th January 2013, 22:27
I like your thinking Chris!

Hi

Seriously it would be good if you could make it. However I am sure we will have others if you can't.
And.....you wouldn't have to put up with me singing on the Saturday night!
Chris

Graham1961
24th January 2013, 23:24
Hi all

I am going to make up a little booklet for all who attend with a small picture of your car and a bit of history. For example what mods you have done, where and when you bought it, where it was originally sold from what other Rovers/MGs you have owned etc. You do not have to contribute to this or only send limited info but I think we would all find it quite interesting. Will PM you all at end of February to gather together the stuff.

Chris

This sounds a great idea, will send any info you need Chris, and i can confirm i will be attending the weekend both Sat and Sun.

trikey
26th January 2013, 17:23
Put me down for day two, also George (Georgetrike) will be joining me :)

Astraeus
26th January 2013, 18:27

Excellent news. Another to add to the growing list.

Chris :D

FLYER
26th January 2013, 19:08

Ah the rottwieller.:D

trikey
27th January 2013, 11:19
Ah the rottwieller.:D

Yep the very same :D

kbonney88
27th January 2013, 19:36
cool - can make both days then.. :-)

Astraeus
27th January 2013, 19:56
Hi all

Another couple of members added to the list this weekend. Numbers are looking very good. Room for more of course, so if you know of anyone else encourage them to get in touch. The more the merrier!

Chris

Astraeus
27th January 2013, 20:27
Other thread now locked to keep everything in one place.
Thanks to Dragrad
Chris

Dragrad
27th January 2013, 21:12
My pleasure Sir....... Enjoy the meet :D

Astraeus
29th January 2013, 10:15
Hi All

I have an onsite meeting tomorrow after work with the general manager of Perth Airport Site (Morris Leslie Ltd)to find somewhere suitable to carry out the T4 programming. Hopefully this will be inside and have access to mains electricity to keep the stuff charged.
Will keep you posted after meeting.
Chris

kbonney88
29th January 2013, 18:21
Tell him that you have a member (me) that works for Air Service Training (AST) at the Airport site, just in case it helps.. you never know... ??
- if he knows that someone from a local business that he already rents to - is involved.. he might be more accommodating.. - you never know... ??

Regarding my place at the Airport - there is no room in our hangar, as it is full. its a training hangar, and am not allowed to move anything out unfortunately.. else I would sort it out to do it at AST.
- We should be able to park outside our place though.. as long as Morris Leslie doesn't mind.. its a big enough car park, we could also get a good photo... ??

Kev :-)

Astraeus
29th January 2013, 18:56
Tell him that you have a member (me) that works for Air Service Training (AST) at the Airport site, just in case it helps.. you never know... ??
- if he knows that someone from a local business that he already rents to - is involved.. he might be more accommodating.. - you never know... ??

Regarding my place at the Airport - there is no room in our hangar, as it is full. its a training hangar, and am not allowed to move anything out unfortunately.. else I would sort it out to do it at AST.
- We should be able to park outside our place though.. as long as Morris Leslie doesn't mind.. its a big enough car park, we could also get a good photo... ??

Kev :-)

Will let you know what he says.

Astraeus
29th January 2013, 19:05
Hi

Had contact with Derek today and he hopes to be with us for one if not both days. He is also going to give us the use of the Scottish Banners even if he cannot make it.
For those of you that don't know Derek is our regional secretary. I am looking forward to meeting him.

I am in the process of hopefully sorting out another small activity (of the passive variety) for our weekend that may be very interesting.
Now...who can guess.....? :shrug:

PM your guess....don't post on here please

Chris;)

Astraeus
30th January 2013, 18:00
Hi

Had contact with Derek today and he hopes to be with us for one if not both days. He is also going to give us the use of the Scottish Banners even if he cannot make it.
For those of you that don't know Derek is our regional secretary. I am looking forward to meeting him.

I am in the process of hopefully sorting out another small activity (of the passive variety) for our weekend that may be very interesting.
Now...who can guess.....? :shrug:

PM your guess....don't post on here please

Chris;)

Hi all
Had site meeting with Morris Leslie today. Looks like we are going to get space for two cars at a time in one of the hangers. That will make doing T4 sessions easier if weather wet. Was very windy up there today and the new Air Ambulance was doing training flights for the Paramedics. Watching them take off and hover displayed some terrific skill. Seeing then take off again and disappear into the evening sky was a terrific sight (and noise!)
I also spoke to Bill from the microlight company and hopes that a few of us will go up. I for one will be. He has flown since he was a teenager and says that flying in Scotland is what he has enjoyed most.

Chris

lady zed
31st January 2013, 21:10
Right I have dusted off my PA system if anyone wants to bring any cables for their guitars, not too loud though, it's a vocal PA system. I'll probably be there on the Saturday only but will make it a whole day out and provide the entertainment at night if everyone is happy with that.

www.facebook.com/adeleIam

Astraeus
1st February 2013, 12:26
Right I have dusted off my PA system if anyone wants to bring any cables for their guitars, not too loud though, it's a vocal PA system. I'll probably be there on the Saturday only but will make it a whole day out and provide the entertainment at night if everyone is happy with that.

www.facebook.com/adeleIam

Hi

That will be excellent. Can you send me a copy of the lyrics and chords for the songs you intend performing so we can practise. I will PM you my email mail address. I am really looking forward to the weekend.

Chris

Astraeus
2nd February 2013, 19:39
Hi

Another local newbie added today. By my calculations that is now 25 Rovers/MGs appearing at Perth Airport in March.
:drool4:

Any more? :shrug:
Go on, you know you want to join us!

Chris :}

derekosb
5th February 2013, 20:28
Going well Chris, should be an excellent day. :}

Derek

FLYING BANANA
9th February 2013, 16:10
Looking forward to this meet. Will be at the National in Wales the weekend before and in Liverpool in between. After leaving Perth be popping in to see RPWC in Newcastle. Then home via Nottingham to have coffee with Hodgy then onto Spalding to meet up with friends.
That should just about enough for The Flying Banana.

FLYING BANANA
9th February 2013, 16:11
Will there be somewhere to wash the car, ready for the meet on the Sunday?

Astraeus
9th February 2013, 19:30
Will there be somewhere to wash the car, ready for the meet on the Sunday?

Hi Mate

Hadn't thought about that to be honest. Sure there will be a hose out let somewhere. Will look into that. I could bring my house and pressure washer if there is. Think I am going to be exhausted after this!

Chris

Ennine
10th February 2013, 13:06
Hi Mate

I could bring my house and pressure washer if there is. Think I am going to be exhausted after this!

Chris

I'm sure you will be and it's so very kind of you to offer. Will you be waxing them for us as well Chris :}

Astraeus
10th February 2013, 19:58
I'm sure you will be and it's so very kind of you to offer. Will you be waxing them for us as well Chris :}

As for the last bit..................err.............No!

:D:D

Chris

Ennine
10th February 2013, 20:36
As for the last bit..................err.............No!

Chris
Being serious for a moment, it's very much appreciated, all the hard work you are putting into this meet. :}

stugee
12th February 2013, 21:59
I'd like to come along for a T4 session and possibly get a spare key programmed. Is there any particular day that is quieter as I'd probably come that day!

Astraeus
16th February 2013, 09:16
It is with great sadness that Wendy and I heard of the passing of Tam (Rotrex) this week. While we only met him once I spoke to him on the club site on numerous occasions. Although I had known for a while exactly how serious his illness was it was still a shock to hear that he had passed on. He was intending coming to our meet and perhaps bringing some bits to sell. He showed great encouragement to me in organising this event. Life can be very unfair.
Rest in peace Tam. Our thoughts and love to your family.
Chris & Wendy

Jim Jamieson
18th February 2013, 22:19
I could bring my house and pressure washer if there is. Think I am going to be exhausted after this!

Chris

Gees Chris ! you will certainly be exhausted if you bring this along, but won't the neighbours notice there's something missing :D

We will be up on the Friday evening so hopefully with some lovely Perthshire weather I'll be able to clean mine up.

JYJ

Astraeus
19th February 2013, 16:30
Gees Chris ! you will certainly be exhausted if you bring this along, but won't the neighbours notice there's something missing :D

We will be up on the Friday evening so hopefully with some lovely Perthshire weather I'll be able to clean mine up.

JYJ

Typo......honestly....:shrug:

Astraeus
1st March 2013, 08:23
Hi

There are now 29 members confirmed for our meeting at Perth. (my knees are starting to knock at the thought of inflicting my singing on you all!):getmecoat:
Could you all please send me your normal email address please via PM on here. I have some info to send out and some info to get from you.
Shaping up well. It would be incredible if this weather was to hold up towrads the end of March. I checked records and around that time was...well....actually our summer last year!

So, if you know of anyone thinking about coming...get them to commit and make it over 30 members. We will have in excess of 30 cars there as a couple of us are bringing more than 1!:D

Chris

trikey
2nd March 2013, 19:57
Skylodge booked :)

tricia1470
3rd March 2013, 19:38
Scottish T4 & Weekend Event at Perth Airport 23rd/24th March 2013
As Per Club rules :- Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.
Here are the details of our Scottish T4 meet and Weekend Event on 23rd & 24th March 2013. (Open to all!)u
The event is to take place based at Perth Airport http://www.perthairport.eu/ (http://www.perthairport.eu/) thanks to the kind permission of Morris Leslie Group. There are a number of things planned for the weekend and all club members both North and South of the border are welcome to attend for one or both of the two days. T4 sessions may be available from Gary (Lovel from Aberdeen) & Brian (Marina Brian from Newcastle.) Contact them directly for details.
Microlight and Microlight Aircraft flights are to be available (Weather permitting) at group rates from The Scottish Microlight Flight Centre that is based at the Airport. These will be booked directly with them but please notify me first so I can ensure you get the reduced rate. The following link gives some more details.
http://scottishmfc.co.uk/ (http://scottishmfc.co.uk/)
Our reduced rates giving a good saving on standard prices are :-
20 minute flights for £45 (Flexwing) and £55 (Fixed wing).
30 minute flights for £55 (Flexwing) and £65 (Fixed wing).
An informative video on this site’s home page gives you all a taster of that activity but also shows the Scottish Aero Clubhouse where we hope to have a joint barbecue on the Saturday night. ( It shows the Microlight Aircraft on the homepage but not the video) Come on now, who is going to be brave and join me? I have flown from here in my friends aircraft and the scenery is fantastic! One thing for us to prove wrong though, is that Ian tells me when you have been up we will get rid of our land based craft!
I have also arranged a fantastic private tour of Scone Palace on Sunday at 1pm. This is a week before official opening and I am very grateful that they have agreed to this. We have also been offered the opportunity to park up our cars on the gravel in front of the Palace to give some fantastic photo opportunities. The cost of this tour is £10 per person and is very good value. This is the charge for a tour of the Palace and grounds. This will be paid on the day but needs to be booked through me.
http://www.scone-palace.co.uk/ (http://www.scone-palace.co.uk/)
On Saturday evening we will have live music courtesy of Anna (Scooterchick) and a couple of my mates and their guitars. Oh yes and me on my Bass Guitar (Groan)! Free entertainment. If you give me a fee I will put my guitar away! Any other musicians coming please let me know!
For those of you wanting to stay overnight I have spoken to Skylodge (On site Travelodge style hotel)and their very competitive rates include a free continental breakfast. This is to be booked directly with them. This can be done online. When you have booked can you let me know so I can keep a record. Basic (Limited availability ) double rooms are only £35 and standard £41. There are also a couple of family rooms. This is great value. Perhaps anyone travelling far may want to stay on Friday as well. Book now to guarantee a room. Plenty free at the moment. Here is their website.
http://www.skylodgeperth.co.uk/ (http://www.skylodgeperth.co.uk/)
Footnote- Please Read!
It is my intention to take out single event public liability insurance for this event to cover us. The cost is circa £65. (This has now been purchased and cost £85 for the two days.) It would be great if members could make a payment of £5 per car for each day. The excess will be donated to The Scottish Aero Club that is based here. It is their facilities that we will be using. Morris Leslie Group have asked us to make a donation here instead of any payment for use of their site.
If you are going to attend please notify me by PM of your Forum name, Real name and contact number and anything you would like to book or have booked directly. I will keep a running note on the Scottish Events thread of the Forum names of those intending to attend and what they wish to do. It would also be helpful to know if you are planning to attend both or one day.

Caravan facilities are available nearby
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekerlite/aspx/details.aspx?id=7260
Photographs of the event are to be taken and will be free in electronic format to members after event.

Best Regards to all and hope to see you there.

Chris

Confirmed so far

MarinaBrian (T4) (Two days)
Lovel (Gary) (T4) (one day)

Scooterchick (One day & melodic singing-unlike Chris!)
LittleMissMT (one day & more melodic singing!)

Astraeus (Both days 2 adults)
Flyer (Both days 2 adults)
Flying Banana (Both days)
Terrorfex (Both days 1+1 poss adults)
iandb1970 (one day)
75 Tourer (one day)
Ennine (One day)
Alan_G (One day -possibly two)
Gurgle 260 (Both days 2 adults)
Jim Jamieson (Both days 2 adults)
Tim_Burgess (both days 2 adults)
1977Andrew (1 day possibly 2)
AldoR. (both days 2 adults)
Buzzardjohn (both days)
Graham1961 (both days 1 adult)
Trikey (Sunday 1 adult)
Georgetrike (Sunday 1 adult)
Kbonney88 (both days 1adult)
mmcwalter (Sunday 1 adult)
stugee (one day 1 adult)
freebyrd(Sunday 1 adult)
woodsie (Newbie-Saturday 1 adult)
tricia1470 (Saturday 1 adult)

Non Rover75 or MG ZT Owners

John and Kate Lorimer (and guitar)
Ronnie Stewart (and guitar)
Joan and Ian Roy (and cameras!)

[B]EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

Hun I need changed to 2 adults and 1 sprog :D

tricia1470
3rd March 2013, 19:39
Hope you can make it Tricia, would be nice to meet you :}

Im a coming eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek going to be so great and I bring choccy cake LOL

Astraeus
4th March 2013, 17:43
Im a coming eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek going to be so great and I bring choccy cake LOL

hi updated....thought I would be kind and call her an under 18 and not a ...sprog! (work with them all day.....:getmecoat:)

Chris

Alan_G
4th March 2013, 18:03
Chris I will email you on Wednesday with all the info, I am hoping to get the Saturday off now and if I do, I fancy a flight, so just waiting for confirmation, also waiting for the wife to decide if she's coming too, as soon as I know I will email you and send back the completed forms. :D

Graham1961
6th March 2013, 20:56
Hi all.....I was wondering if anybody coming to this event would be able/willing to fit a replacement real leather rear seat armrest to my car, the one thats in just now is letherette/vinyl, i have a real leather one sitting in my garage, would be very greatful if this could be done.....:bowdown:

Tim_Burgess
7th March 2013, 17:42
Hi all.....I was wondering if anybody coming to this event would be able/willing to fit a replacement real leather rear seat armrest to my car, the one thats in just now is letherette/vinyl, i have a real leather one sitting in my garage, would be very greatful if this could be done.....:bowdown:

I'm sure that there will be people there with the appropriate toolage Graham.:D

Terrorfex
7th March 2013, 18:10
Just booking Liara in for a valet prior to this show ... Wouldn't do to turn up looking scruffy, after all. ;)

parahandy
10th March 2013, 20:09
Will you please add myself +1 to the list - Skylodge booked.

tricia1470
10th March 2013, 20:21
Looks like I am coming on the Saturday with Caroline as Ross is now working boo but means it looks like we may come on the Sunday aswell whoop

I have asked Graham if I can convoy up with him lol

1977andrew
10th March 2013, 20:36
Im working on the sat morning but will head through in the afternoon

FLYING BANANA
11th March 2013, 05:58
I am still coming but may have to bring Blue Thunder as The Flying Banana is currently in the workshop. Hopefully she will be ready in time for the National and my mini UK tour. Will email details through tomorrow.

Lovel
11th March 2013, 21:50
Just been talking tonight with a new member Jim from Dundee and he may also want to come along to the meet too.

Jimbass
11th March 2013, 22:10
Hi i would just like to say that i shall be attending the meet on Satarday the 23rd as i have a key fob which i need coded and maybe an engine tune .much thanks and looking forward to it Jim.

Tam
12th March 2013, 06:28
Welcome Jimbass! Chris i'll be coming on the Saturday and possibly Sunday as well cheers Tam.

Graham1961
12th March 2013, 19:36
Welcome Jimbass! Chris i'll be coming on the Saturday and possibly Sunday as well cheers Tam.

Thats great Tam, look forward to meeting you again...

Astraeus
12th March 2013, 21:24
Thats great Tam, look forward to meeting you again...

Another 3 added to the list today! going to be a busy meet! (and greet when you hear my singing!):getmecoat:

keep them coming..... room for more...:smilie_re:

Astraeus
16th March 2013, 18:07
Hi all

Thanks to all those who have sent me info for inclusion in our mini leaflet/guide for the weekend. There are some quite interesting facts in there. If you want your car details (interesting for us and will only be given to those attending!) in the leaflet/guide I need to have the details by Sunday night please.
Please return your details for the weekend if you have not done so too....please :-)

Shaping up well....even our singing went well on Thursday night....well I thought it sounded ok....well not bad.....well :getmecoat:#

Cheers
Chris

FLYING BANANA
16th March 2013, 18:17
Sorry but will not be attending. Mini tour of UK has been cancelled. Sorry but hope to bring Banana along to a meet later on in the year.
Hope all goes well.

Astraeus
16th March 2013, 19:49
Sorry but will not be attending. Mini tour of UK has been cancelled. Sorry but hope to bring Banana along to a meet later on in the year.
Hope all goes well.

that's a pity. hope to see you at something else.

Hope the MOT failure was not too expensive

Chris

Astraeus
20th March 2013, 19:03
that's a pity. hope to see you at something else.

Hope the MOT failure was not too expensive

Chris

My mates and I off to Perth Airport tomorrow night for a singing practice. roads etc all fine at the moment.

Chris

rapid6
20th March 2013, 20:31
hoping to attend on the saturday folks all going well. Would like to get a key coded also. Do i need to book this in with anyone?

Alan_G
20th March 2013, 20:42
Chris just read the front page again, are we supposed to contact the microlight club beforehand? I am assuming the weather wont be permitting going by the forecasts but if it is i would like to go up.

Astraeus
20th March 2013, 21:29
Chris just read the front page again, are we supposed to contact the microlight club beforehand? I am assuming the weather wont be permitting going by the forecasts but if it is i would like to go up.

Hi

I will be speaking to him tomorrow and will let him know. I hope that weather permits but that does look iffy I'm afraid.
Do you want to go up in the Microlight or Microlight Aircraft?
Chris

Astraeus
20th March 2013, 21:30
hoping to attend on the saturday folks all going well. Would like to get a key coded also. Do i need to book this in with anyone?

You can just see them on the day. Should be plenty time. Gary there on Saturday and Brian both days

Chris

Alan_G
20th March 2013, 21:42
Hi

I will be speaking to him tomorrow and will let him know. I hope that weather permits but that does look iffy I'm afraid.
Do you want to go up in the Microlight or Microlight Aircraft?
Chris

The microlight aircraft chris :D I prefer fixed wings.....:getmecoat:

AldoR
20th March 2013, 22:10
It comes as no suprise for me personally and with sad regrets we will not be attending the weekend show this is due to the new arrival i bought last week, the car is not ready for any club meet due to water leaks with in the car, so am on it and should all be fixed for the end of next week :(

freelancer
21st March 2013, 10:14
Hoping to attend sometime on the Sunday.

Cheers:)

Jim Jamieson
21st March 2013, 10:18
Hi Chris & the team
Been off the forum for a few days nursing cold number 6 this winter :shrug:

I take it everything's still tickety boo for the weekend, hard to believe that this time last year we were in a heat wave in Scotland. Weather is fine and sunny today so I just hope that at least the white stuff stays away as I will be pulling my caravan up to Scone tomorrow afternoon. The missus will be following up later as we have little Isla (our grandaughter) to look after.

Also I take it that on the Saturday their will be something at the gate to guide us where to go. I've been up a Perth Airport a couple of years back so I know the layout roughly, nice little coffee shop as I recall.

see you all there.

JYJ

Astraeus
21st March 2013, 15:58
Hi Chris & the team
Been off the forum for a few days nursing cold number 6 this winter :shrug:

I take it everything's still tickety boo for the weekend, hard to believe that this time last year we were in a heat wave in Scotland. Weather is fine and sunny today so I just hope that at least the white stuff stays away as I will be pulling my caravan up to Scone tomorrow afternoon. The missus will be following up later as we have little Isla (our grandaughter) to look after.

Also I take it that on the Saturday their will be something at the gate to guide us where to go. I've been up a Perth Airport a couple of years back so I know the layout roughly, nice little coffee shop as I recall.

see you all there.

JYJ

Hi

All OK at moment. no snow on roads at all. Just head straight for Control Tower and park there. (Before it obviously!:getmecoat:)

see you Then
Will check weather tomorrow am but don't see a problem atb moment

Chris-

Terrorfex
21st March 2013, 16:27
I've just driven home from the Airfield. Can confirm no outstanding issues or problems with weather/environment.

allan t
21st March 2013, 18:43
Hi will be coming down on sunday,will be taking my zt,wifes working so cant take the 75 as well,allan t

lady zed
21st March 2013, 19:24
I'm so sorry, I'm going to have to pull out. Can't go into it now, I do have a genuine reason, not going to POL or Cosford either. Depending how I feel I might try and come for a couple of hours on Sat but def can't do the daytime and stay at night with 2 kids.

So sorry again :(

tricia1470
21st March 2013, 19:57
Im going to have to pull out too, IBS kicking off big style and tablets not working

Sorry

Alan_G
21st March 2013, 20:15
That's a shame folks, hope all is well for you both. Chris if you need an emergency singer/guitarist I have been known to warble on occasion.... :p

Astraeus
21st March 2013, 22:06
That's a shame folks, hope all is well for you both. Chris if you need an emergency singer/guitarist I have been known to warble on occasion.... :p

Hi

If you wish to come along to the meet at anytime feel free to pop in even if you have not booked in. All welcome. We are going to go ahead despite the weather. The barbecue may be a bit chilly mind!

Chris

Jim Jamieson
21st March 2013, 22:11
Hi

All OK at moment. no snow on roads at all. Just head straight for Control Tower and park there. (Before it obviously!:getmecoat:)

see you Then
Will check weather tomorrow am but don't see a problem atb moment

Chris-

Roger Over and Out :D

sorry couldn't resist that ! Yes I'm almost ready but will be checking on the roads tomorrow before setting off.

JYJ

Astraeus
21st March 2013, 22:34
Roger Over and Out :D

sorry couldn't resist that ! Yes I'm almost ready but will be checking on the roads tomorrow before setting off.

JYJ

Hi

been up at venue tonight and apart from being windy and cold no problems. (Other than my singing!)
All set for a fun weekend.

Chris

Tim_Burgess
22nd March 2013, 09:57
I'm so sorry, I'm going to have to pull out. Can't go into it now, I do have a genuine reason, not going to POL or Cosford either. Depending how I feel I might try and come for a couple of hours on Sat but def can't do the daytime and stay at night with 2 kids.

So sorry again :(

Sorry to hear this Anna (and Tricia) hope things improve for you soon.

Tim_Burgess
22nd March 2013, 09:58

Alan, do you still need that boot tidy? I'll pop it in the car if you do.

davidhynds
22nd March 2013, 10:28
I'm a Rover 75 newbie and Ill be coming up to check out what one of these is all about, you all seam a good bunch of folkes, and hope we all have a good weekend. How good is the band?

Alan_G
22nd March 2013, 11:15
Alan, do you still need that boot tidy? I'll pop it in the car if you do.

Oh yes that would be great Tim, going by the state of the boot I probably need 10 boot tidys.... :getmecoat: :D

Astraeus
22nd March 2013, 11:21
I'm a Rover 75 newbie and Ill be coming up to check out what one of these is all about, you all seam a good bunch of folkes, and hope we all have a good weekend. How good is the band?

hi

just a bunch of mates re living there youth! If you are musical bring your guitar or whatever. more than welcome.

See you there

Chris

Jim Jamieson
22nd March 2013, 12:16
Golly its cold out today, just washed the cars and ready to move out within the hour,
BTW was that you Ros in the red ZT this morning ?

JYJ

Terrorfex
22nd March 2013, 13:18
Just to provide a reassuring update: Just back from the Airfield after work - can confirm no adverse conditions, problems, enormous robotic scorpions or the like.

FLYER
22nd March 2013, 14:00
Just to provide a reassuring update: Just back from the Airfield after work - can confirm no adverse conditions, problems, enormous robotic scorpions or the like.

Thank god for that , robotic scorpions and I just dont hit it off.:p:

Astraeus
22nd March 2013, 14:46
Thank god for that , robotic scorpions and I just dont hit it off.:p:

Hi

A big thank you to Nigel (Eninne) who sent me his payment to cover his share of Public Liabilty Insurance (which I had to pay before the Event) despite the fact he is now not able to attend. Thank you Nigel. A nice gesture.:}
I would appreciate this from anyone else who has had to cancel.
PM me for my Paypal address.
It was £5 per day with any excess being given as a donation to our hosts for the weekend Scottish Aero Club.

Chris

Astraeus
22nd March 2013, 15:57
Hi

A big thank you to Nigel (Eninne) who sent me his payment to cover his share of Public Liabilty Insurance (which I had to pay before the Event) despite the fact he is now not able to attend. Thank you Nigel. A nice gesture.:}
I would appreciate this from anyone else who has had to cancel.
PM me for my Paypal address.
It was £5 per day with any excess being given as a donation to our hosts for the weekend Scottish Aero Club.

Chris

Hi thanks to Freebyrd too.

Chris

PBD
22nd March 2013, 17:54
Hi I'm hoping to attend Sunday, I hope this will be ok, if so
I will pay any costs on Sunday morning. I'm new to forum
and never been to a meet really looking forward to meeting
everyone.

FLYER
22nd March 2013, 19:38
Hi I'm hoping to attend Sunday, I hope this will be ok, if so
I will pay any costs on Sunday morning. I'm new to forum
and never been to a meet really looking forward to meeting
everyone.
Not a problem , just turn up on the day .

Welcome aboard.

marinabrian
22nd March 2013, 20:34
T4 is in bed resting for a busy day tomorrow, I should think about where to put my toothbrush :D
See you all tomorrow.
Brian :cool:

2Diesels
22nd March 2013, 20:35
T4 is in bed resting for a busy day tomorrow, I should think about where to put my toothbrush :D
See you all tomorrow.
Brian :cool:
I could give you a suggestion:D

trikey
22nd March 2013, 21:23
I could give you a suggestion:D

I have no room for stuff like that, boot is full of beer :drool4:

FLYER
22nd March 2013, 21:31
I have no room for stuff like that, boot is full of beer :drool4:

Now yer talkin.:drool4:

trikey
22nd March 2013, 21:32
Npw yer talkin.:drool4:

It would be rude not to :D

David5000
22nd March 2013, 23:31
Pity the weather is so awful this evening. I taxed the 75 last week, and was considering coming on Sunday for the day. Not very keen on taking her out of the cosy winter storage to get salt laden..............

If its fine and sunny,,,,,,,,,,i'll be there. (fiver in hand!)

David

Tim_Burgess
23rd March 2013, 07:51
Keeping an eye on the weather. Still planning on coming but may wait a while as we have a blizzard here at the moment.

Still having a barbie this evening, or are we heading for the nearest Pub?

FLYER
23rd March 2013, 08:29
Keeping an eye on the weather. Still planning on coming but may wait a while as we have a blizzard here at the moment.

Still having a barbie this evening, or are we heading for the nearest Pub?

Ditto here , we wont be leaving till late afternoon.

Anywhere under cover with heat and a waitress for:D me lol.

Tam
23rd March 2013, 08:45
Only about an inch of snow here overnight so best morning of the week so far. Only slight glitch is my 75 is sitting in a drift at my mum's with about 6 inch on the roof so will have to dig it out later!!

FLYER
23rd March 2013, 09:00
Only about an inch of snow here overnight so best morning of the week so far. Only slight glitch is my 75 is sitting in a drift at my mum's with about 6 inch on the roof so will have to dig it out later!!

Start engine , turn heater on full blast , go inside have tea n toast , come out and watch snow slide off car .lol.

.:D

Alan_G
23rd March 2013, 09:02
Am just getting bits and nova together and will be up about lunchtime. We had bad snow last night but the main roads ate fine. Once the heating us blowing in the car I will be sorted. :D

Astraeus
23rd March 2013, 09:05
Am just getting bits and nova together and will be up about lunchtime. We had bad snow last night but the main roads ate fine. Once the heating us blowing in the car I will be sorted. :D

Hi all

No snow on roads but a light dusting around airfield. Got hangar open for T4 sessions
Chris

Tim_Burgess
23rd March 2013, 09:54

Think we'll do likewise George. Depart after lunch and eat somewhere warm.:D:D

Apparently there is a pub nearby that runs a bus from the Sky lodge, sounds good to me.

rapid6
23rd March 2013, 10:10
sorry guys im struggling here, but should be out there about 13:00, only gonna be for a few hours though, im assuming this will be ok?

Graham1961
23rd March 2013, 11:03

I'm the same, leaving later on, no snow but it's bitterly cold and blowing a gale.....Chris i will give you £5 when i see you.

iandb1970
24th March 2013, 08:24
Hi All,

I would to thank Chris for organising such an excellent event and all those I met yesterday for the first time - such a great crowd. It is a shame that the weather did not play ball but I really enjoyed myself. The tour of the hanger was fascinating as was watching a T4 session and seeing so many of our cars being out through their paces. Shame mine disgraced itself by not starting afterwards (damn battery - it was a surprise to me!) but what an excellent job by out tame T4 owners and operators were doing. Sadly I already had plans for Sat night and Sunday so could not stay but I hope you all had a great time and that today is as good as yesterday for all of you.

I hope to see some of you soon at the Hawes (not sure I will makes this Friday though) and that we all keep these great cars on the road. The camaradery shown by the members is amazing and I am sure that we will do so.

So thanks once again to Chris, Brian and Lovelll and all others involved in making it such a great event.

Cheers, Ian.

munroman
24th March 2013, 09:00
I'm just setting off, should be up by noon.

FLYER
24th March 2013, 14:48
Just arrived at south queensferry for a bit of late lunch .

sorry we missed the palace but it was getting on too late to catch the tour .

Saturday night was excellent and a good laugh and entertainment .

Bitterly cold over the two days but on the whole a succes .

Big thanks to chris for all the work he put into the meet and a huge thanks to marinabrian and lovel for getting our cars up to speed.

Brian worked his socks off over the two days in very cold conditions and is a superstar as is his fellow T4 genius Gary.

Good to see new faces and old .

And finally one word.

Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

freelancer
24th March 2013, 15:52
Just back to Aberdeen from Siberia (oh was it Scone). Still nice to see a few members and a few lovely cars, however briefly. Such a shame about the weather but what a good venue. Thanks to all for organising.

Cheers
Ian:)

Tim_Burgess
24th March 2013, 18:58
First, a big thanks to Chris for organizing a great weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks also to Brian and Gary for providing their expert advice and help.

Shame the weather was so blooming cold; my feet have now just about thawed out.

Anyway, some of my photos from the weekend:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/DSC02173s_zpsa7ae50a5.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/DSC02188s_zps4ea86531.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/DSC02187s_zps3c83e592.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/DSC02185s_zps00976ae1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/DSC02183s_zps8c689763.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/DSC02180s_zpse4f06dec.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/Tim_Burgess/DSC02178s_zpsd6a2cb46.jpg

Alan_G
24th March 2013, 19:22
Firstly Chris, Thank you and well done for organising such a brilliant event. The weather was against us but still a great turnout and a fantastic weekend was had. Really enjoyed it and the "Wild rover/ HGF" Song was brilliant! :D

Seriously though well done on the organisation. Well done also to the T4 Chaps who worked non stop for 2 days! Great job! :bowdown:

Heres a few pics I managed, Notice how Zed the Ted appears to have his own microlight!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1454_zps8b675c4e.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1455_zps21c19a37.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1456_zpsd52a8208.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1457_zpsb3045ed9.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1460_zps8a2474b4.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1462_zpsdac245cb.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1466_zps5f53052c.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1472_zpsb8df8f08.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1474_zps2d0684a2.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1478_zpsb7e82c56.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1483_zpsb88fbd1f.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1485_zps510af4d5.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1486_zps8b8c8b93.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1493_zps9b1f5a2c.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1492_zps9a745225.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/algothedon/DSCN1495_zps9986bd7c.jpg

Terrorfex
24th March 2013, 20:08
Great pictures and a great effort by all - especially MarinaBrian and Lovell who went above and beyond the call to help any member who asked for it.

Alan ... You took a photo of the wrong end of my car! From behind, no-one can tell it's SPECIAL. Gawd. :D

Graham1961
24th March 2013, 21:26
As above posts, excellent weekend despite being a bit chilly, well done to Chris for organising everything and to Lovell and Marinabrian for all their hard work, i have to say the T4 is a quite remarkable piece of kit, and watching Gary and Brian made using the T4 look like childs play...take a bow gents :bowdown:

mmcwalter
24th March 2013, 22:06
Hello,

Would just like to say thank you to Chris for all the effort he put into organising the event this weekend.

I would also like to thank Brian and his magic T4 box of tricks for telling me what things should be looked at and replaced.

I would also like to tahnk all those members who helped me out (particularilly with the plenum drain) and for making a new member feel welcome.

Regards

Mark

Gurgle260
24th March 2013, 22:35
As with all the others would just like to thank Chris for organising a great weekend and Brian for twiddling with my 260

Might even go on a microlight the next time I'm up there !!

Special mention to Alan not just for his solo musical performance (a potential X Factor candidate ) but also the fact he drove home and back up again the following day...dedication

Cheers from Robert and Lauralin

munroman
25th March 2013, 10:04
Nice to meet new faces yesterday, see so many fine examples of the 75, and to see what magic Brian can work with the T4, it was a very long weekend for him.

My car felt so different to drive after he had made a new key for me.:confused:

I realised this morning why that was, Brian had pulled out the steering wheel to it's maximum so he could access the immobiliser....:D

AirbourneRover
25th March 2013, 10:37
Well how surprised was I on a frosty miserable Sunday when I went along to Scone to swing the prop on my plane to find a hanger full of Rovers and MG's!

Nice to meet some of you at Perth yesterday, though I no longer own an MG ZT or Rover 75 (had both!) I'm still a big fan of them.

Hopefully you'll come and visit again when the weather is a bit nicer and we can take a few of you aviating!

Regards

Des

FLYER
25th March 2013, 11:22
Well how surprised was I on a frosty miserable Sunday when I went along to Scone to swing the prop on my plane to find a hanger full of Rovers and MG's!

Nice to meet some of you at Perth yesterday, though I no longer own an MG ZT or Rover 75 (had both!) I'm still a big fan of them.

Hopefully you'll come and visit again when the weather is a bit nicer and we can take a few of you aviating!

Regards

Des
Is yours the smallest plane there ??????
It must be fun being up there in it.

AirbourneRover
25th March 2013, 11:49
Smallest and fastest!

It has its moments :D :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZdkWsI2qdM

Regards

Des

Woodsie
25th March 2013, 13:36
As other posts thanks to Chris for organising the event, great location shame about the weather. Thanks also to Lovell, I can now unlock ALL doors with one press of the key fob and I know my 3 speed fan is working (for the moment anyway) It was good to meet you all on Saturday, look forward to the next event?

trikey
25th March 2013, 13:59
A good weekend, but damn cold, I'm still thawing out, good to meet some new faces (and see some old ones again)

FLYER
25th March 2013, 14:13
Smallest and fastest!

Regards

Des

Brilliant , ideal for a trip to the shops lol.:D

Alan_G
25th March 2013, 15:53
Smallest and fastest!

Regards

Des

That looks awesome! :D

cahill17
25th March 2013, 16:12
sorry chris unable to make meet due to unforseen work commitments .sounds like a good time was had by all .was really looking forward to it had car valeted hopefully when weather improves another meet could be arranged .really disappointed couldnt make it see you all soon i hope many thanks:(

Astraeus
25th March 2013, 16:26
That looks awesome! :D

Hi

Just about recovered from weekend now. I think it was a great success with everyone who attended getting something out of the weekend. I did think seriously about calling it off on Wednesday, but despite all the bad weather and freezing temperatures, the only thing we did not get was flying. The Skylodge was surprisingly good and the inclusive buffet breakfast was more than sufficient. It was a perfect venue with the hanger ideal for Brian and Gary to work their magic.
I must make a special mention and thanks to Gary on Saturday and Brian over the two days he was there, for all their hard work. It was pretty full on all day. While Gary, I am sure went home very tired, Brain worked on until 5PM on the Sunday. He must have been shattered! Thanks very much guys. Without the two of you there would have been no weekend.
Thanks are also being sent to the Scottish Aero Club in writing from me. Their venue was excellent and Elaine made us feel very welcome and could not do enough to help us. My friend Derek who is a member of SAC, helped get us permission. I did the hoovering and the dishes before I went home! (just to leave a good impression)
You will be pleased to know that between the raffle (£62) and the donations from members (£5 per day for each car) I am able to donate £200 to the Scottish aero Club for the use of their venue over the weekend. While this has left me a bit out of pocket for the insurance payment I felt it was the best thing to do so we can use their services again. I am sure in better weather, more of their members would take part in our evening social gathering. (If anyone has not paid their £5 could they PM me and I will let you know how to send it to me) I will display a copy of the receipt from SAC on here when I get it midweek.
On the subject of Saturday night a great thanks to Alan for filling in at short notice. You are a real talent Alan and I really enjoyed your music session. Thanks. I will also thank my little band of musicians for entertaining us all.
I am also pretty sure most of us are now driving improved cars. I am for sure! Never felt better since I bought her.
Finally to you all. You made the weekend enjoyable for me despite my nerves about everything working out. A big thanks to all who attended.

Now....I might just start planning something else for later in the year....

Cheers

Chris

Tim_Burgess
25th March 2013, 17:31
Hi

Just about recovered from weekend now. I think it was a great success with everyone who attended getting something out of the weekend. I did think seriously about calling it off on Wednesday, but despite all the bad weather and freezing temperatures, the only thing we did not get was flying. The Skylodge was surprisingly good and the inclusive buffet breakfast was more than sufficient. It was a perfect venue with the hanger ideal for Brian and Gary to work their magic.
I must make a special mention and thanks to Gary on Saturday and Brian over the two days he was there, for all their hard work. It was pretty full on all day. While Gary, I am sure went home very tired, Brain worked on until 5PM on the Sunday. He must have been shattered! Thanks very much guys. Without the two of you there would have been no weekend.
Thanks are also being sent to the Scottish Aero Club in writing from me. Their venue was excellent and Elaine made us feel very welcome and could not do enough to help us. My friend Derek who is a member of SAC, helped get us permission. I did the hoovering and the dishes before I went home! (just to leave a good impression)
You will be pleased to know that between the raffle (£62) and the donations from members (£5 per day for each car) I am able to donate £200 to the Scottish aero Club for the use of their venue over the weekend. While this has left me a bit out of pocket for the insurance payment I felt it was the best thing to do so we can use their services again. I am sure in better weather, more of their members would take part in our evening social gathering. (If anyone has not paid their £5 could they PM me and I will let you know how to send it to me) I will display a copy of the receipt from SAC on here when I get it midweek.
On the subject of Saturday night a great thanks to Alan for filling in at short notice. You are a real talent Alan and I really enjoyed your music session. Thanks. I will also thank my little band of musicians for entertaining us all.
I am also pretty sure most of us are now driving improved cars. I am for sure! Never felt better since I bought her.
Finally to you all. You made the weekend enjoyable for me despite my nerves about everything working out. A big thanks to all who attended.

Now....I might just start planning something else for later in the year....

Cheers

Chris

A great weekend Chris, you put a huge amount of effort in to pulling it all together. A very big thank you to you sir.:bowdown:

It was great to find out that my 116000 mile 1.8 ZT-T is actually in rude health in the engine department. Brian tweaked my throttle a little and it felt like a different car on the way home; I also don't have to worry about only having one key anymore. Big thanks to Brian.:bowdown:

Maybe we could make a T4 session an annual event? I'm going to need one for the Dorchester 75 once it's fettled as I've only got one key for that.

Astraeus
25th March 2013, 17:46
Hi

Yes, I was thinking this could be an annual thing. Think we will have it a little later in the year though next time. It really was fffffreezing! It would have added just a bit more if some of us could have got flying ....and BBQing!

Chris

Jim Jamieson
25th March 2013, 20:06
Mary & I have just returned home this evening after a brilliant weekend. Loved the entertainment on the Saturday, OK it was tad cold and we woke up at 6.30 this morning (Monday)to a good covering of snow at Scone.
It was all gone by lunchtime for the trip home.

Congrats to all who organised this event especially Chris and I can report the difference in the missus's diesel when towing is awesome,I simply cannot believe what a change their is with the upgrade. Mary was in front in the V6 and had to put her foot down a few times to keep in front of me towing the van.

Thanks also to Allan for that photo of me talking to the peacock !

Finally the ominous ticking sound is still there in the V6 and I will report on this as soon as I find out just what it is.

JYJ

Astraeus
25th March 2013, 20:20
Mary & I have just returned home this evening after a brilliant weekend. Loved the entertainment on the Saturday, OK it was tad cold and we woke up at 6.30 this morning (Monday)to a good covering of snow at Scone.

Congrats to all who organised this event especially Chris and I can report the difference in the missus's diesel when towing is awesome,I simply cannot believe what a change their is with the upgrade. Mary was in front in the V6 and had to put her foot down a few times to keep in front of me towing the van.

Finally the ominous ticking sound is still there in the V6 and I will report on this as soon as I find out just what it is.

JYJ

Erm Peter pan's friend
check your bath tub before getting in....

'Never smile
at a crocodile

tic tock tic tock

FLYER
25th March 2013, 20:34

JYJyour peacock pic is in the social section as a caption competition,:D

suzublu
25th March 2013, 20:42
I was very tempted for this,but thought it a bit early in the year.Would definately have a run up if it were later.Sounds like you all had a good time,& as some of you know,i'm always up for a trip north ;):D

FLYER
25th March 2013, 20:48
I was very tempted for this,but thought it a bit early in the year.Would definately have a run up if it were later.Sounds like you all had a good time,& as some of you know,i'm always up for a trip north ;):D

it was the coldest i have been for many a year ronnie .

but the whole of britain is the same so we aint alone eh

derekosb
26th March 2013, 13:14
Firstly I want to say a huge well done and congratulations to Chris for organising such a successful weekend.

Also huge thanks to Brian and Gary for bringing their T4 expertise.

Secondly, my apologies for not managing to get along. I had hoped to get up on the Sunday for a while but was unable to manage. As I had said the 2 Scottish Region club banners would be available my plan was then to get the banners to Scooterchick to bring up. Unfortunately that plan was scuppered.

I'm glad the event was a success, albeit a cold one, and hopefully it can be repeated.

Regards,

Derek

davidhynds
27th March 2013, 01:05
Chris - Shortfall? - how much?
Cheers Brian - I have a happy car - SKILLS Mate!!!!!!

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21513&stc=1&d=1364490983

The photos a bit blurred due to making it a size that will upload here - you can have a 6mb full sized, use any way u want :) - leave your email, i will fire it your way

Other kinds of photos go http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=141614

I fixed all the links including the link to the other thread - can u guys see them now

Astraeus
27th March 2013, 15:41
Chris - Shortfall? - how much?
Cheers Brian - I have a happy car - SKILLS Mate!!!!!!

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21478&stc=1&d=1364361403

The photos a bit blurred due to making it a size that will upload here - you can have a 6mb full sized, use any way u want :) - leave your email, i will fire it your way

Other kinds of photos go http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=141614

Hi
Not much of a shortfall now. Got a donation of £20 from a generous member and I have put in £20 and 2 £5s to collect on Friday night. So only about £15.
I was pretty pleased though. I was wondering on Thursday if anyone would appear. It was pretty awful weather here.
Handed over the £200 to the Flying Club today and they were very pleased with our weekend. pity weather precluded flying this time.......:getmecoat:

Chris

1977andrew
27th March 2013, 16:58
I was only able to stay for a couple of hours but its was good to see im not the only one who thinks their car is the best on the road barr none lol. Well do to chris for organising the weekend and getting the t4 s there fot everyones use .

davidhynds
27th March 2013, 20:02
Chris is there any means of paying something to you on this thing?
You and your wife done a brill job of organising and hosting it, no shortfall should be yours!!
pm the amount (and how to pay)

Jim Jamieson
28th March 2013, 11:00
Found the cause of the ominous ticking sound.

I was out in the V6 for the first time since the Perth meet as I drove the diesel home with the caravan, anyway I reversed out of the driveway and !!!

No reverse sensors, not even the beep when you put it into reverse so obviously the reverse sensors couldn't cope with the cold weather so now I have to fix them as they are really good to have. The missus had even asked just recently if they could be fitted to her car.

BTW the ticking sound started as soon as reverse gear was engaged and remained on until full ignition was switched off.

Back to the drawing board. ! :(

JYJ

Terrorfex
28th March 2013, 12:37
Did the ticking sound stop when you disconnected the sensor leads "in" to the Parking ECU? Or when you disconnected power to the Parking ECU?

Jim Jamieson
28th March 2013, 15:24
Did the ticking sound stop when you disconnected the sensor leads "in" to the Parking ECU? Or when you disconnected power to the Parking ECU?

I havn't been inside the boot as yet, although it is a lovely sunny day here it is still quite cold but as soon as it gets warmer I'll be back out there and check.

JYJ