PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to CarPlan Nanomeric paint sealer???

tourerfogey
30th December 2007, 17:40
Not overly impressed with the above - what are the alternatives?
PS - not interested in too much hard work or silly prices ;)

Zeb
30th December 2007, 21:03
S'funny...I use that stuff and think it is great! Secret is to wash polish and apply weekly all summer...now, in winter, I can get the car looking great in 40 minutes with no polishing required....just as well as 40 minutes outside is my limit in this weather....:Snowman1:

tourerfogey
30th December 2007, 21:18
S'funny...I use that stuff and think it is great! Secret is to wash polish and apply weekly all summer...now, in winter, I can get the car looking great in 40 minutes with no polishing required....just as well as 40 minutes outside is my limit in this weather....:Snowman1:

Zeb, am I right in thinking that you are one of the 'Silver Brigade' ? I suspect that the silver is much easier to keep clean than my Midnight Blue Tourer on which water marks show so easily - the water certainly doesn't run off cleanly as suggested by CarPlan.

Zeb
30th December 2007, 21:29
Zeb, am I right in thinking that you are one of the 'Silver Brigade' ? I suspect that the silver is much easier to keep clean than my Midnight Blue Tourer on which water marks show so easily - the water certainly doesn't run off cleanly as suggested by CarPlan.

At the risk of teaching my grandfather to suck small white objects....have you clayed the car?

Btw...silver is the new BRG...;)

tourerfogey
30th December 2007, 21:42
At the risk of teaching my grandfather to suck small white objects....have you clayed the car?

I can't be doin' with all that!!!! !!! !! ! Anyway, the instructions don't imply that is necessary - though I'm sure it can only help.

Zeb
30th December 2007, 21:45

I can't be doin' with all that!!!! !!! !! ! Anyway, the instructions don't imply that is necessary - though I'm sure it can only help.

Seriously, I have only done it twice...a couple of hours work is all....well worth the difference it makes now when it comes to cleaning!

empsburna
30th December 2007, 23:03
CarLack 68 - Nano Systematic Care

followed by...

Carlack 68 - Long Life Sealant

Also known as Klasse All in One.

tourerfogey
2nd January 2008, 18:18

followed by...

Thanks for that - as I still have some Nanomeric left I'm giving it another chance at the mo. ;)

AURORA MG
2nd January 2008, 18:29
I used it & thought it was very good to be honest.

MrBitsy
6th January 2008, 17:18

followed by...

I will second this suggestion. I have tried many combinations of products since I got my Firefrost CDT. The deepest shine so far achieved has been with ...

Carlack Nano Systematic Care :luvya:
Carlack Long Life Sealant :luvya:
Dodo Juice Carnauba wax (Banana Armour) :luvya:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk is your friend for a shiny Rover. The products there are far better than Autoglym or anything in Halfords IMHO (apart from the Meguiars range in the bigger stores). I used to swear by Autoglym, but IMHO they are not as good as Meguiars, Chemical Guys, Carlack or Sonus.

TimO
6th January 2008, 21:49

followed by...

As the man says - this really is the DB's and my ZT is pearl black.