PDA

View Full Version : Car Mechanics Mag Review Update

Roverron
6th December 2006, 13:55
As many of you know, Car Mechanics mag reviewed the Tu3 in the November issue, promising an update in due course.

I've now heard from the Peter, the editor who has advised me that the follow up will be in the February issue on sale mid Jan.

The follow up is said to be "very very positive" so I'm looking forward to reading it.

Its always nerve racking having the press review your products.
I used to manufacture home computer peripherals (for the Commdore 64 & Amiag) many years ago and couldn't afford big enough bribes to ensure a good review!!! Thankfully, I didn't need to as the products worked well, were unique and offered great value. Just like the Tune-ams and Mafams in fact!

Ron

Spôôk
6th December 2006, 14:04
Its always nerve racking having the press review your products.
Ron
I am sure you will do extremely well - if this and other forum acclaims is anything to go by:drool4:
Spôôk

tourerfogey
6th December 2006, 18:36
Knowing Peter Simpson as I do I'm sure any views expressed in car Mechanics will be his honest opinion. He is very fond of Diesels and the 75 Diesel in particular.

pshuttle
7th December 2006, 10:22
You have nothing to worry about Ron. Your products are proven, high quality and they are priced low enough to blow the competition out of the water. Job done really!

Pete

Tatts
7th December 2006, 10:45
Agree with everyone else, even though I drive a petrol.

Everyone who fits one of the magic boxes can't sing it's praises highly enough!

Shame there's not an equivalent device for petrol engines too ;)

Ti Rich
7th December 2006, 11:19
There is not a bad product in the range!

welly
7th December 2006, 11:29
I'm still chuffed to bits with my Synergy. If you have one then switch it off for week, then you can get that 'ear to ear grin' all over again.

P.s. Ron, how long before the Laguna one is ready? My mate hasn't stopped asking since I told him you were working on one (probably because I let him drive mine before and after).

EnEnGee
7th December 2006, 11:44
I think that Peter Simpson has always told it like it is, and have enjoyd reading his comments on the car world for many years. He has always been very complementary of the 75 and the diesel in particular, and has remarked on many occasions what good value for money they were and still are. I also am aware that he has also had reservations about the K series Petrol engines for right or wrong because of the much publicised HGF problems.

That said, his columns managed to make me take a good look at the 75 when we were in the market to replace our 214 (R8). We haven't been disappointed and have had little trouble with it. I look forward to his comments on the Tu3 as my diesel tourer will no doubt require one in due course.

Roverron
7th December 2006, 12:43
I'm still chuffed to bits with my Synergy. If you have one then switch it off for week, then you can get that 'ear to ear grin' all over again.

P.s. Ron, how long before the Laguna one is ready? My mate hasn't stopped asking since I told him you were working on one (probably because I let him drive mine before and after).

I can let him have one on test (foc), just pm me the address and I'll send one next week. (must be the common rail - dci engine)

Ron

Roverron
7th December 2006, 12:47
I think that Peter Simpson has always told it like it is, and have enjoyd reading his comments on the car world for many years. He has always been very complementary of the 75 and the diesel in particular, and has remarked on many occasions what good value for money they were and still are. I also am aware that he has also had reservations about the K series Petrol engines for right or wrong because of the much publicised HGF problems.

That said, his columns managed to make me take a good look at the 75 when we were in the market to replace our 214 (R8). We haven't been disappointed and have had little trouble with it. I look forward to his comments on the Tu3 as my diesel tourer will no doubt require one in due course.

Its good having Peter on our side.
He has no doubt swayed many readers in favour of a 75 or ZT over the years.
His 75 servicing features have been very welcome in the absence (until recently) of a Haynes manual.

Is 330k miles a record for a 75?

Ron

M47Rman
7th December 2006, 13:15
Its good having Peter on our side.
He has no doubt swayed many readers in favour of a 75 or ZT over the years.
His 75 servicing features have been very welcome in the absence (until recently) of a Haynes manual.

Is 330k miles a record for a 75?

Ron

Wow - 330 thousand miles! I would love to pull that engine apart and have a look see. Highest miler that I ever stripped was 160 thousand miles, and the engine (an M47) was virtually as new!
Andy

Roverron
7th December 2006, 13:47
Wow - 330 thousand miles! I would love to pull that engine apart and have a look see. Highest miler that I ever stripped was 160 thousand miles, and the engine (an M47) was virtually as new!
Andy

It was a taxi drivers, he sold it to a friend, having fitted a new gearbox.
It did need a new flywheel, but otherwise was going fine.

His current 75 has clocked up 200k and all its cost him so far is £30 for a battery. (I didn't ask what the mileage was when he bought if off ebay)

Ron

Keith
7th December 2006, 16:02
His current 75 has clocked up 200k and all its cost him so far is £30 for a battery.

Coo I want what ever brand of tyres he is using for my V8 ;)