PDA

View Full Version : RARE ! Rover 75 Chrome grille

crofts
31st December 2007, 11:55
Says 2 available from Kirkbank Group.
Cheaper than they have been on Ebay auction. £75.98 post free - Buy it now. No badge shown but this should be transferable from your old grille.
Definatly shows it is chrome but just check to make sure !
Order line Tel:- 0161 2841003

T-Cut
31st December 2007, 17:50
Clicky: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/75-98-FREE-POSTAGE-Rover-75-Front-Grille_W0QQitemZ360001421396QQihZ023QQcategoryZ104 14QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

TC

Gryphon
31st December 2007, 18:20
Oooo very tempted

JP53
31st December 2007, 18:28
Oooo very tempted

Make a nice new years present!

Ken
31st December 2007, 18:32
Oooo very tempted

I was lucky with mine as the price shot up to silly levels after I bought it. If I remember correctly mine was about £90 but that included a new badge as well. They do look good on the car especially on a nice sunny day :lol:

JP53
31st December 2007, 18:46
I was lucky with mine as the price shot up to silly levels after I bought it. If I remember correctly mine was about £90 but that included a new badge as well. They do look good on the car especially on a nice sunny day :lol:

That WAS a good price Ken.

Ken
31st December 2007, 18:58
This is mine before and after, not very good pictures but it gives an idea.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/southamptonprefabs/old.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/southamptonprefabs/New.jpg

Ken
31st December 2007, 19:09
That WAS a good price Ken.

I thought so as well and then thought was it £90?

It wasn't it was £114 inc p&p so about £105 ish. I probably told the wife it was £90 :(

JP53
31st December 2007, 19:11
This is mine before and after, not very good pictures but it gives an idea.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/southamptonprefabs/old.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/southamptonprefabs/New.jpg

That is a great improvement Ken. :drool4: :drool4: :drool4: Is there one to fit face lift model?

Ken
31st December 2007, 19:17
That is a great improvement Ken. :drool4: :drool4: :drool4: Is there one to fit face lift model?

Never seen one and there are others looking for that as well. If one ever comes up or someone chromes a standard grille then they could go quite high in price. There was a 'chrome' grille on ebay a few months ago but it was the standard one.

Ken

JP53
31st December 2007, 19:32
Never seen one and there are others looking for that as well. If one ever comes up or someone chromes a standard grille then they could go quite high in price. There was a 'chrome' grille on ebay a few months ago but it was the standard one.

Ken

Thats a shame :cry:

How are these things 'chromed' in the first place? There must be a company who makes these bits. A lot are plastic with a chrome or chrome like coating.

I used to have parts for my classic car re chromed and when I took off the cost of an inferior replacement part then the price was not to bad.

Ken
31st December 2007, 19:45
Thats a shame :cry:

How are these things 'chromed' in the first place? There must be a company who makes these bits. A lot are plastic with a chrome or chrome like coating.

John

Plastic is chromed isn't it, after all the outer edge of the standard grill is chrome so it must be possible to do the whole thing..................to be honest I don't have a clue!

Mind you if it was that easy to do Actros would have had his car all chromed by now (just a joke Bri) :Santa1:

JP53
31st December 2007, 19:49
John

Plastic is chromed isn't it, after all the outer edge of the standard grill is chrome so it must be possible to do the whole thing..................to be honest I don't have a clue!

Mind you if it was that easy to do Actros would have had his car all chromed by now (just a joke Bri) :Santa1:

That would make Bri the Bling King!

actros
31st December 2007, 20:04
That would make Bri the Bling King!

I think i will change my name to the bling king if i could. If it had been all metal i may have had a go on it.:xmas-smiley-040:

Phil
1st January 2008, 19:27
How about some chrome spinner hubcaps Brian??;)

JP53
1st January 2008, 19:32
How about some chrome spinner hubcaps Brian??;)

Did you say chrome SLIPPERS Phil? :laughing2:

windrush
1st January 2008, 19:36
I think i will change my name to the bling king if i could. If it had been all metal i may have had a go on it.:Xmas-smiley-040:

Ha Ha i see you have done it then when are the others going to appear or are you waiting for a meet

ssc1
1st January 2008, 20:15
well that explains why the front of my 75 looked quite a bit different when it came back from the repair shop earlier this year , the had replaced a normal grill with the chrome one and it does look alot better, i did not know that there were two sorts of grill.

JP53
1st January 2008, 20:23
well that explains why the front of my 75 looked quite a bit different when it came back from the repair shop earlier this year , the had replaced a normal grill with the chrome one and it does look alot better, i did not know that there were two sorts of grill.

Thats a bit of luck ssc1, you will have to let me know were the repair shop is! :)

keith52
3rd January 2008, 08:53
I've read all the posts and i must be missing something , is the difference between the majority of grills and the rare ones is that the rare ones are metal chrome ? and the majority are plastic ?
Keith

Christopher
3rd January 2008, 09:18
No, they are all plastic chrome - in the "rarer" ones the vertical "slats" of the grille are chromed along with the central bit where the badge sits. In the "normal" version these are painted a matte grey colour.

HTH

keith52
3rd January 2008, 10:17
Thanks Christopher, learning all the time . Just checked , i've got one of the majority.
just phoned and they are the full chrome version so there's one left now

Jules
3rd January 2008, 10:35
Me thinks I'm going to copy Christophers Grill (for our new Tourer) with real stainless steel mesh Is it copyrighted? :xmas-smiley-016:

Christopher
3rd January 2008, 11:57
Me thinks I'm going to copy Christophers Grill (for our new Tourer) with real stainless steel mesh Is it copyrighted? :xmas-smiley-016:

Not at all Jules (I'll take Royalties though!) The mesh I used is very good, still sparkly after this time and no corrosion or anything. In fact I have a bit left over with enough to do another grill I was hanging onto - you are welcome to it if you wish ;)

Just let know :D

GERFIX
3rd January 2008, 12:06
Not at all Jules (I'll take Royalties though!) The mesh I used is very good, still sparkly after this time and no corrosion or anything. In fact I have a bit left over with enough to do another grill I was hanging onto - you are welcome to it if you wish ;)

Just let know :D
I personally think the mesh is a great way to "upgrade" the grille on the Rovers. I did the very same when I had my 200Vi and it drew lots of admiring looks and comments.

Jules
3rd January 2008, 12:12
Christopher you have a PM:weihnacht2:

Christopher
3rd January 2008, 12:21
Christopher you have a PM:weihnacht2:

Done Jules! ;)

Jules
3rd January 2008, 12:38
Will your Betty Boo be in the parcel too:xmas-smiley-021:

Christopher
3rd January 2008, 12:42
Will your Betty Boo be in the parcel too:xmas-smiley-021:

She'll be retired until next Christmas very soon - and besides she doesn't fold flat (contrary to what certain other mods/admins may think!! :D :D)