PDA

View Full Version : My poor cars

championdaddy
21st January 2013, 15:37
I hope they are still alive when i unearth them !!! :(

Simon.h
21st January 2013, 16:04
Of course they will be! Ist turn of the key and they will fire into life.

tonybel
21st January 2013, 16:08
Of course they will be! Ist turn of the key and they will fire into life.

He has to get the doors to open first! :D

Villa Villan
21st January 2013, 16:13
He has to get the doors to open first! :D
And then shut them. ;)

Cheers
Tony

championdaddy
21st January 2013, 16:14
One of the rear ones hasn't opened in a fortnight !! LOL

But I'm not worried......well maybe just a smidgin ;)

Villa Villan
21st January 2013, 16:16
I hope they are still alive when i unearth them !!! :(
You will smile on the first turn fella. :bowdown:

Cheers
Tony

championdaddy
21st January 2013, 16:20
It's strange, when I bought it, it was just going to be a means to an end.
But it seems to have changed into a car I love driving, always have a smile on my face when I'm behind the wheel.
Mother is always commenting that I must like it as it's the longest I have ever had a car and the most I have ever spent on one too !!! LOL

MangoMan
21st January 2013, 16:24
I un-earthed mine today after parking it on the 9th Jan. I was a little apprehensive I will admit, but unlocked it, doors opened ok and started straight away, and took it for a little tour.....
But it was covered with a Car Cover all that time......... ;) Worth every penny, was like it had never rained/snowed, whatever!....:)

championdaddy
21st January 2013, 16:29
Mine has been stood for 13 days now. I'm not worried about the battery, that has always been good.

But the front tyre is **** and goes down in a week, cheap and nasty tyres for ya

MangoMan
21st January 2013, 16:42
I still say that if you know you're going to have your car parked a lot at home, a Car Cover will be the best 38 quid you'll spend!

This is the one I bought: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Waterproof-Premium-Full-Car-Cover-Large-/271135010445?pt=UK_Car_Exterior_Accessories&hash=item3f20e7ee8d

And it's not only rain and snow, it's all the other ***** that falls on it! Well worth it.... ;)

chipsceola
21st January 2013, 16:43
And mind the frozen plenum's, ice makes a first class stopper, then when snow melts the water has nowhere to go, except you know where, can't even see the grille cover on mine

championdaddy
21st January 2013, 16:48
And mind the frozen plenum's, ice makes a first class stopper, then when snow melts the water has nowhere to go, except you know where, can't even see the grille cover on mine

MMM never thought of that..... I have a check when the kids go back to school.

I still say that if you know you're going to have your car parked a lot at home, a Car Cover will be the best 38 quid you'll spend!

This is the one I bought: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Waterproof-Premium-Full-Car-Cover-Large-/271135010445?pt=UK_Car_Exterior_Accessories&hash=item3f20e7ee8d

And it's not only rain and snow, it's all the other ***** that falls on it! Well worth it.... ;)

I would have one if i have a driveway, but mine sits on the road and some of the little barstewards round here will see it as a target.
Had one on my bike, right next to the front door. Cant see the wind blowing it away, but it was gone one morning. :mad:

pete75
21st January 2013, 17:14
Sooooo cold, turned Blue!
Pete

grandy
21st January 2013, 17:19

yes your right bill would be nice but we don't all have a drive have to park in the road,and the nice youg men that come out of the pub down the road late at night would delight in putting a lighter to it ,is it fire proof Bill? GARY.

championdaddy
21st January 2013, 17:20
I did try to put them in the living room to get warm, honest. But they would not fit through the door !!!!

MangoMan
21st January 2013, 17:20
I would have one if i have a driveway, but mine sits on the road and some of the little barstewards round here will see it as a target.
Had one on my bike, right next to the front door. Cant see the wind blowing it away, but it was gone one morning. :mad:

Mmmm, I see your problem - didn't think of that, sorry.

championdaddy
21st January 2013, 17:22
Mmmm, I see your problem - didn't think of that, sorry.

LOL no need to apologise :D:D

tonybel
21st January 2013, 17:22

I've glued a tea strainer over mine. This give a larger filtered area and catches the crud before it blocks the hole.

Been in place for 6 months with no problems and no need to clean.

Best 12p (home bargains) I've ever spent.

Maybe I should patent it...;)

MangoMan
21st January 2013, 17:25
Now that is a good idea -= Patent applied for..... :)