PDA

View Full Version : Cheap (ish) CR2032 Batteries

Greeners
1st January 2008, 15:24
Whilst wandering round M&S yesterday, they are selling off packs of CR2032 batteries (4 per pack) for £2.50 a pack. (62.5p each) I did a quick check on ebay and they range from 40p + p&p upto nearly £2 each.

Not sure on the quality, but they are M&S, and they don't noramlly sell shoddy stuff.

JP53
1st January 2008, 15:41
Whilst wandering round M&S yesterday, they are selling off packs of CR2032 batteries (4 per pack) for £2.50 a pack. (62.5p each) I did a quick check on ebay and they range from 40p + p&p upto nearly £2 each.

Not sure on the quality, but they are M&S, and they don't noramlly sell shoddy stuff.

Well spotted Greeners, I'm off to M&S after work tommorow!

robwijnstok
1st January 2008, 20:09
Hi David and John,

With batteries like the CR2032 always buy the ones that are still packed in the original blister. Also look for a date on the blister or on the battery. This date guarantees you that, stored under the right conditions, the battery should still be “fresh” this means 100% capacity. When batteries are coming to, or over this expiration date you often find them without blister (date is gone that way) and being offered at low prices. Batteries sold without a blister could also be used for testing and other purposes and you are never shore how long the battery will last. It's just a tip!

Happy New Year!
Rob

Zeb
1st January 2008, 20:11
It'll take a lot of them to start my 75 though...:xmas-smiley-006:

Greeners
1st January 2008, 20:13
Hi David and John,

With batteries like the CR2032 always buy the ones that are still packed in the original blister. Also look for a date on the blister or on the battery. This date guarantees you that, stored under the right conditions, the battery should still be “fresh” this means 100% capacity. When batteries are coming to, or over this expiration date you often find them without blister (date is gone that way) and being offered at low prices. Batteries sold without a blister could also be used for testing and other purposes and you are never shore how long the battery will last. It's just a tip!

Happy New Year!
Rob

I checked that, the're all blister packed in 4's with a date of best before 2009.....

robwijnstok
1st January 2008, 20:18
I checked that, the're all blister packed in 4's with a date of best before 2009.....

Hi David,

Not super fresh, but fresh enough. So go for it...

Rob.

Greeners
1st January 2008, 20:19
I would have thought you wouldn't get much more then 18months would you ?

JP53
1st January 2008, 20:20
Hi Rob, thanks for the advice. :)

robwijnstok
1st January 2008, 20:52
I would have thought you wouldn't get much more then 18months would you ?

Should be fine if you will use it for your key. If you would like to use it like Zeb wrote, you will probably need al lot more. I mean A LOT more...

JP53
1st January 2008, 21:06
Should be fine if you will use it for your key. If you would like to use it like Zeb wrote, you will probably need al lot more. I mean A LOT more...

At least 3, ZT's and 75's are great starters :D

robwijnstok
1st January 2008, 21:37
Sorry John, they are 3Volt so you will need 4 at least to get 12Volts. I would take 5 to be safe. A battery always "dips" while starting...:wine:

JP53
1st January 2008, 21:42
Sorry John, they are 3Volt so you will need 4 at least to get 12Volts. I would take 5 to be safe. A battery always "dips" while starting...:wine:

Good point :clap: If you keep them in my pocket they will stay warm so that should help! :laughing2:

raykay
1st January 2008, 22:07
You would need deep pockets, I'm trying to work out how many I would need to start a 75 @ 500 mAh each..............................

Jules
1st January 2008, 22:54
Ooh about 1000 of the little bliters!
But then they don't recharge very well so after startup you'd have to change the whole tranche again:Santa5:

BMC123
2nd January 2008, 00:21
They are the same as most motherboard cmos batteries, always handy to have a few about these days :)