PDA

View Full Version : engine issues/ radiator ?

marco polo
31st January 2013, 11:49
I have a couple of issues I had my head gasket replaced in November after one of my pipes split the same pipe has split twice since (it has been replaced each time).The radiator is cold when the car is running but the coolant is hot and the temperature is heating up normally also the heaters in the car are blowing hot ,and not cold which shows that the head gasket seems to be ok any ideas :shrug: cheers Mark

T-Cut
31st January 2013, 12:58
Which pipe keeps splitting? That's not normal.
You say the coolant is 'hot'. What temperature is it? The thermostsat controls flow through the radiator. If the thermostat isn't opening, there's no flow.

A 2005 1.8 will have the PRT system. When the head gasket was done, could they have made the common mistake of fitting a conventional stat as well? It might explain things.

TC

kaiser
31st January 2013, 13:03
Plastic pipe, hose clamp, big screwdriver?

Sounds possible!

cussif
31st January 2013, 13:21
id check the stats working properly way to check after removal is put in a sauce pan of water then heat it up on the hob and watch it open if its working properly

marco polo
31st January 2013, 14:33
Which pipe keeps splitting? That's not normal.
You say the coolant is 'hot'. What temperature is it? The thermostsat controls flow through the radiator. If the thermostat isn't opening, there's no flow.

A 2005 1.8 will have the PRT system. When the head gasket was done, could they have made the common mistake of fitting a conventional stat as well? It might explain things.

TC

Its the top pipe the one more towards the passenger side of the engine bay.