PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

wuzerk
5th February 2013, 14:58
In my continuing search for the cause of excess vibration at tickover on my car I have gone through all the usual suspects and am now looking for anything which seems out of the ordinary. I notice that the Intercooler assembly is sitting so low that it has worn a hole through the undertray. I don't think that its attachment to the radiator is adjustable so wonder if anybody has experienced this? I am wondering if this 'lowness' is allowing contact somewhere which allows the engine vibration to be transmitted back to the seats and steering wheel.

Arctic
5th February 2013, 21:30
In my continuing search for the cause of excess vibration at tickover on my car I have gone through all the usual suspects and am now looking for anything which seems out of the ordinary. I notice that the Intercooler assembly is sitting so low that it has worn a hole through the undertray. I don't think that its attachment to the radiator is adjustable so wonder if anybody has experienced this? I am wondering if this 'lowness' is allowing contact somewhere which allows the engine vibration to be transmitted back to the seats and steering wheel.

Hi Frederick.
The intercooler should not be touching the undertray i would check the fixing points to the intercooler both sides as if loose this will most certainly make some vibration and travel though the car