PDA

View Full Version : Err message on dashboard and code readers

Dogcairn
6th February 2013, 09:21
Hi I have an Err message on the dash, any ideas what it means,

Also what is the best code reader to buy I have had a look at few on eBay but would happily take some advice

handyjackdaniels
6th February 2013, 10:08
Hi I have an Err message on the dash, any ideas what it means,

Also what is the best code reader to buy I have had a look at few on eBay but would happily take some advice

Is it in place of the trip ometer reading? I had the same reading the other day after disconnecting battery for recharging. It cleared itself.
Steve.

Dogcairn
6th February 2013, 10:13
Hi yep it is in the same place as the trip, I will give that a try tonight when. Get home from work

T-Cut
6th February 2013, 10:20
Various things can cause this. I believe it appears mainly in 2002 cars and is said to be caused a glitch in the software. Turning the ignition key too fast is sometimes the cause.

Do you have a fuel burning heater?
If so, this 'err' display has been associated with a fault in that unit.

Another is a failed fuse F11 (passenger fuse board) for the aircon. It also controls powerfold mirrors. Lower left of the board, second row up, second fuse in.

TC

galaxyclass
6th February 2013, 13:01
As t-cut says, mine is a 2002 and sometimes shows err in the odometer, I find it happens when you turn the key straight to start instead of going to position 2, waiting for self test lights then starting the car.

FredSpencer
6th February 2013, 16:51
Does it happen every time you start the car? I get an occasional err as well but it has always gone away by the next time I start up.

Dogcairn
6th February 2013, 19:15
Hi yep the message is there all the time, i am going to try an ddissconect the battery tonight when i get home from work and see if the message has gone in the morning, will report when i tey it tomorrow

Petetourer
6th February 2013, 19:38
If the displayed ERR only pops up occasionally then it tends to be this glitch that has been mentioned...

Now, if its permantley displayed then it can indicate that the clocks have been changed for another unit without being put on a T4... This "could" mean that the milage displayed is incorrect as well...

When a new set of clocks is fitted, it should be paired with the LSM (ligh switch module) if this is not done then you will have ERR displayed...

75driver
6th February 2013, 19:38
Happens on mine all the time, ie constantly shows "err".
(Car 1st registered in 06).
Battery off / on does not reset it.
Contacted original owner who said this "err" was in car from new.
Don't let it bother you if it doesn't affect how the car drives.

Dogcairn
7th February 2013, 09:51
Hi disconnected the battery last night and charged the battery and the err message is still coming up all the time, looks like i will just need to live with it