PDA

View Full Version : Screeching Brake

Raynor
7th February 2013, 14:13
Ok Here goes,

A few months back i had a wheel bearing change on the rear drivers side. Since then i keep getting a loud screeching noise, that will go when i apply the hand brake for a random length of time.

Any ideas as to possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently thinking of replacing the brake shoes and also removing all the rust from the inside and outside of the disc (i like shiny things :D).

Cheers

Raynor

David Lawrence
7th February 2013, 18:26
Ok Here goes,

A few months back i had a wheel bearing change on the rear drivers side. Since then i keep getting a loud screeching noise, that will go when i apply the hand brake for a random length of time.

Any ideas as to possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently thinking of replacing the brake shoes and also removing all the rust from the inside and outside of the disc (i like shiny things :D).

Cheers

Raynor

Your retaining pins have probably pulled through the backplate. Mine fell off in my hand on Sunday when I removed my drums.

Raynor
7th February 2013, 19:03
As far as I can tell my retaining clips are correctly in position, but I guess I won't know for certain till I take another look.