PDA

View Full Version : help my W reg rover 75 1.8 ltr manual

paul253004
5th January 2008, 18:08
hi i am know to the forum just got a rover 75 W reg 1.8 ltr manual last week. drives fine untill cornering at speed then the engine cuts out restarts after a few seconds can anyone help me is this a safty feature???
in not what is wrong

thank you

Keith
5th January 2008, 19:51
It is certainly not a safety feature
Do you get any warning lamps on the dash, any misfiring before, during or after?

If you know how to use a multimeter I woud try and find a (safe) way to see if power is being cut to the fuel pump for a starting point

ragitty
5th January 2008, 20:00
Hi Welcome to a great forum, maybe check the plenum drains just in case there is water in there and as you corner it buries part of the ecu.

if you look on the first page of the forum you will see plenums listed or type it in the search box.

Better still to save you searching just click the link below, lots of expert advice to be gleaned, it may not be the cause of your problem but it is a job that definately needs to be done..

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1481

paul253004
5th January 2008, 22:28
I have warning lamps on the dash that are on all the time the ABS light is on and the parking break but no extra when the engine cuts out
no misfiring before, during or after at all and the car has just gone through and passed an MOT

ragitty
5th January 2008, 22:56
I would definately check your plenums, if the ecu is suffering water damage that would account for some of your symptoms. just browse the link I posted earlier go to page 6 post number 53 by Kandyman and click the link., then when you know where to look, check your car, only takes a few minutes, you may well be surprised. what you find in the plenum chamber.

crofts
5th January 2008, 23:00
Paul. An MOT will not pick up a fault such as yours although if the ABS light had been on with the engine running it would almost certainly have failed as it is a safety issue. Other than emissions and a cursory look under the bonnet I cannot think of anything else engine wise that they check.