PDA

View Full Version : Rear washer pipe blockage

E_T_V
9th February 2013, 23:43
Anywhere that these usually give problems. When I got it it did a pathetic little dribble. I tried prodding and poking the jet but that didn't help.

I cleaned out the bottle but that didn't help

I tried unplugging the pipe at each end and blowing it out with my airline which made things a bit better. Its now a gentle trickle and it'll do for now but I don't think it is as good as it should be?

Are there any points where the pipe can get crimped?

Anything else I can check that I've not already thought of.

ProfDave
10th February 2013, 10:33
mine was like this; it can get caught and squidged in the headlining abot 4-8 inches back from the drivers side boot hinge;

could also be c r a p.

I looked for crimps for ages finding none; so then I disconnected the rear washer pipe from the motor on the bottle under the front arch (this one does not let all the fluid out!) Also disconnected the rear spray nozzle. Then I attached a football pump adapter and pump and gave I quite a good blow through occasionally disconnecting and injecting fluid in at the front end. Surprising number of turds came out the back and then it was better. (don't forget to put a bucket under the lose pipe to catch the aforementioned....)

You could also blow it through with an air line

E_T_V
10th February 2013, 19:02
Already done the airline trick. Mine has had 80psi through it in various directions with and without fluid. Not a lot of crud came out but I feel there is a blockage near the back but not sure where.

Is the headliner easy to drop or not? It works now (dribbles rather than squirts). It works which is better than it was though!

ProfDave
10th February 2013, 19:06
Already done the airline trick. Mine has had 80psi through it in various directions with and without fluid. Not a lot of crud came out but I feel there is a blockage near the back but not sure where.

Is the headliner easy to drop or not? It works now (dribbles rather than squirts). It works which is better than it was though!

some say dropping the headlining is trivial; I was working alone and a few warnings in the manual about accidentally setting of airbags made me not too it

In farness mine sounds similar ; I have more of a dribble than a squirt but it is enough

I was surprised given the foot pump pressure I did not pop a tube!!