PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Ideas Please

rich17865
10th February 2013, 09:30
Hi all,

I have had a great time at the rolling road day that we attended yesterday and wondered what other events you would like to attend?

I am open to suggestions :cool:

438brad
10th February 2013, 10:29
I wonder how many may be interested in a track day? :)

carguy143
11th February 2013, 14:31
Karting would be fun for some of us. How about maybe varying the pub slightly every so often. The Hollow Tree is fantastic but it may be nice to have a "tour" out somewhere.

Maybe even a blackpool trip or a convoy through the illuminations or something? I know it's a long while off but it's an idea. :shrug:

MattyC
12th February 2013, 16:09
I wouldn't mind carting - not really interested in a trackday, as don't want to give my car that much stick for a prolonged period. Trackdays are better for trackcars, that way you screw them up, that's what they're there for!!

:)

Boevets
12th February 2013, 16:25
I like the convoy through the illuminations idea - easy for me to get to! :)

metro6r4
12th February 2013, 20:52
yes i would think a tour would be far better than a trackday..i used to do trackdays in a MG ZS..had a clutch go on me once and i used it for everyday use..the lakes or wales possibly???:shrug:

suzublu
12th February 2013, 20:59
Well if you want a trip out,the "Classics at the Marina" will be on again soon,up here in Hartlepool Marina.Classic cars & pubs for your perusal,& shops, Museum for all the family.I will post the date soon,usually in April.Worth considering,only a couple of hours from you chaps.;)Keep an eye on the N.E meets section,& if enough interest,i'll put a thread up on your region.:)

2Diesels
12th February 2013, 21:02
Well if you want a trip out,the "Classics at the Marina" will be on again soon,up here in Hartlepool Marina.Classic cars & pubs for your perusal,& shops, Museum for all the family.I will post the date soon,usually in April.Worth considering,only a couple of hours from you chaps.;)Keep an eye on the N.E meets section,& if enough interest,i'll put a thread up on your region.:)
21st of April I believe;)

metro6r4
12th February 2013, 21:05
that could be possibly turned into a weekend jaunt if anyone would be interested as some wouldn't want to do the whole trip in one day,local accommadation could be found:)

suzublu
12th February 2013, 21:06
21st of April I believe;)
Well done mate :bowdown: not checked yet,but you're da man :bowdown::D

suzublu
12th February 2013, 21:08
that could be possibly turned into a weekend jaunt if anyone would be interested as some wouldn't want to do the whole trip in one day,local accommadation could be found:)
Premier Inn & a brand new Travelodge on the marina ;) Fast food outlets,& pub grub also available.;):bowdown::}

MattyC
12th February 2013, 23:59
50% off PTI here as well lol :p:

Travelodge is probably still cheaper though :getmecoat:

Shaun233
13th February 2013, 00:11
Karting would be fun for some of us. How about maybe varying the pub slightly every so often. The Hollow Tree is fantastic but it may be nice to have a "tour" out somewhere.

Maybe even a blackpool trip or a convoy through the illuminations or something? I know it's a long while off but it's an idea. :shrug:

I like the illuminations Idea also count me in if it goes ahead

rich17865
13th February 2013, 19:29
With this years illuminations starting on the 30th August, I was kind of hoping to arrange something a bit sooner, but will definitely keep it in mind because the little un' will like that too.

Not keen on the trackday idea personally, but don't let that put anyone else off arranging one.

The Classics on the Marina sounds good, hefty drive though? :shrug:

DerekS
17th February 2013, 22:41
Arranged tour of the Bentley factory ? Has to be booked well in advance I believe . :shrug:

"Opening Times:
Public tours of the factory are available on Friday mornings, but places are extremely limited - apply by email only to [email protected] . "

Quote from http://transportheritage.com/find-heritage-locations.html?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=45&sobi2Id=23

Be good to see a line of 75/zt's outside Bentleys ! Derek .

MattyC
17th February 2013, 22:50
I'd be up for the Bentley/Rolls Royce factory tour :)

rich17865
18th February 2013, 20:08
I certainly like the idea of a Bentley factory tour, and the illuminations run, I will keep them in mind for later in the year.

Next big meet to be announced shortly....

MDRover
11th April 2013, 09:28
If we went to the Blackpool illuminations with well polished cars we could apply for a council grant for adding to the dazzle.
Like the idea of the Bentley factory too - not bad little cars those for those who can't have a classic 75 or ZT. Lol.
Might not be able to do either depending on work but those two have my vote.
The racing idea is not for me so much but that's just me - can always surprise the boy-racers on the road anyway when they think its just an old duffer's car - difference is that we can do that in comfort and style (and definitely legal of course).
Hope everyone well.:}