PDA

View Full Version : 75 Connoisseur CDTi 2004 no electrics

s4stylo
10th February 2013, 18:06
75 Connoisseur Auto Tourer. Car was running no probs last night - got in today, no dashboard lights (except battery), engine won't turn over, no sign of any life whatsoever. Checked to see if any electrics working and nothing EXCEPT the cigar lighter. Any ideas anyone? Thanks. Steve.

SD1too
10th February 2013, 20:58
The two most likely causes:

Discharged battery
Wet ECM due to standing rainwater in plenum chamber

Simon

chrissyboy
11th February 2013, 07:32
i agree the cigar lighter take very little current compared to the other things ,looks to me like the battery has died. take it out and give a 24 hour charge then see if that sorts it ,if it does then keep an eye on things if it goes flat again then the cells have been damaged due to the fulldischarge and wont hold a charge ,simply replace with a new one. while the battery is charging check that the ecm isnt sittin in water..threads on here on how to check

s4stylo
11th February 2013, 12:27
Thanks Simon and Chris. I'll defo try the 'dodgy battery'. Unfortunately I now have another problem that will need sorting first - the bonnet release cable has broken! I've attempted the 'wheel off/wheel arch liner off/tug on the cables' suggestions on this site but no joy. Need to find a garage that can open the bonnet from the front it seems. It never rains.............. etc..

s4stylo
29th June 2017, 08:50
Hi all, sussed the 'battery drainage' on my 04 rover 75 cdti tourer. The battery kept going flat, I disconnected the 2 connections to the satnav (in the boot compartment) and all now is well, i.e. no battery drainage. I'm not bothered about the satnav but instrument panel has now lost all colour - if I re-engage the satnav colour is back on dashboard panel. Is there anything you can recommend looking at to get the instrument panel back to normal colour or perhaps a reason why this is happening? Thanks.