PDA

View Full Version : passenger door lock

mikewba2212
11th February 2013, 16:01
hello guys and girls.i have a problem with my passenger side door since it snowed my door wont open or unlock the lock comes up in car but wont open anyone got any ideas on this as it's p###ing me off.took it to garage and they want to break the door card just to have a look

carpy
11th February 2013, 16:05
this happend to mine a few weeks back left it for around 4-5 hours and it opened when it warmed up a bit try a hair dryer on it and if that fails you can get the door lock unlocked without breaking the door card

HTH

mikewba2212
11th February 2013, 16:16
alright mate how do i get to the lock without breaking door card as the doors been like this for over 2 weeks i tried everything to get it undone but nothings worked

carpy
11th February 2013, 16:32
i read on here somewhere try disconecting the battery for half hour to see if it resets your bcu make sure you have radio codes first if that fails you can get the door card off starting from the back of the door enough to get your hand inside to release the mec

humphshumphs
11th February 2013, 17:01
Have a read of this thread (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=131813) (dont use the angle grinder though). It should give you help in what is wrong and how to put it right. :D