PDA

View Full Version : blowing cold air

Sipnogard
12th February 2013, 23:39
A couple of months ago I had a problem with the engine temp not getting as hot as it should. Put an inline thermostat in the top hose and problem solved. Engine temp gets to 9 o clock quickly and stays there all day.

Today I no longer have hot air coming out the blowers. There is plenty of air coming out and at best it got luke warm (not good in this weather) but no where near as hot as it was getting yesterday.

Any suggestions?:confused:

SD1too
13th February 2013, 19:07
Did you bleed the cooling system whilst refilling it after the thermostat work?

Simon

chrissyboy
14th February 2013, 06:59
hows the coolant level?, if it is low then you will lose heat from the blower .

Sipnogard
14th February 2013, 23:27
Coolant levels are ok. I noticed today that there is no heat at all from the passenger side vents. The fan is blowing ok, plenty of force behind it.

I wondered if it could it be the heater matrix but would that account for there being a difference in temp between the two sides?

SD1too
15th February 2013, 06:51
I wondered if it could it be the heater matrix but would that account for there being a difference in temp between the two sides?
Others have had this problem. If you search the forum you will find plenty of information about this. Before proceding, you should consider the question I asked earlier:

Did you bleed the cooling system whilst refilling it after the thermostat work?

Simon

Evansabove
15th February 2013, 11:54
You haven't accidentally turned the temperature down on the climate control have you?

John

Sipnogard
15th February 2013, 22:23
Hi SD1too,
I bled the system and it's been fine for the last 8 weeks or so. It seemed like it was working one day and not the next. Having said that I have no idea if both sides have been working as I only sit on the drivers side and rarely have passengers. Would it be worth bleeding the system again?

evansabove
If only it were that simple (sigh).

SD1too
16th February 2013, 08:07
Hi Gareth,

I think that you should activate the instrument pack diagnostics to get a digital readout of your actual coolant temperature. Being a diesel, it might be still running at a less than optimum temperature as far as heater performance is concerned.

Simon