PDA

View Full Version : engine change on 75 cdt ",2002

madroy
13th February 2013, 16:33
hi I want to change my engine ,I have a crashed 2002 auto which I want to fit the engine into my 2002 manual which is us.do I have any electrical probs which will stop itrunning,or will I need it re programed.I live in central France and this might prove a prob

Trophy Blue Tourer
13th February 2013, 16:56
It should be quite "doable":}

You will need to remove the flex plate from the new engine and fit the DMF from your U/S engine also I belive the bell housing closing plate will be different and you will need to remove that from the U/S engine after removing the DMF and of course fit the plate to the new engine before installing the DMF;)

It might be an idear to think seriously about fitting a new CSC and have a measure of the driven plate thickness and a good look at the preasure plate to decide weather to replace those as well - unless you know the history of your current clutch units in terms of age/milage and are willing to re-use them:shrug:

If the Slave has more than a year or two on it I would probably replace it as a known "weak link"

You won't need to transfer any electrical stuff from one engine to the other so there should be no issues at all AFAIK!!

Dont forget to think about thermostat/water pump age/mileage as it's much easier to change those with the engine out! - and dont forget to keep all those nice spares you will now have!!:D Alternator - A/C pump - P/S pump - H/P fuel pump - Tensioner and idler for the Aux belt - dito for the A/C belt and of course the Crank Pulley and Turbo!! - anything you can grab really!!

HTH??

Andy!

P.S let us know how you get on and some pics and/or a "How to " would be nice!!;)

madroy
13th February 2013, 21:41
thanks for reply will start work when weather improves roy

Mike Noc
14th February 2013, 09:56
Ha ha - was working in Beauvais last weekend and had to get back up the A16 through the snow and ice on Sunday night.

Around 250 miles door to door, it usually takes 5 hours but due to the conditions got in at 0430 Monday morning after 11 hours on the road.

Strangely there were loads of snow ploughs going southbound but I only came across one going my way, and that was going so slow I ended up overtaking it.

The worst bit was being overtaken by two artics - the slush spray they kicked up totally covered the screen even with the wipers going flat out. So for a fair few seconds I couldn't see anything at all.

Big Ron the Rover took it all in his stride though, these really are great cars for long journeys. :D

Oh and agree with everything Andy said but don't forget the EGR valve is water cooled on the autos so swap the one over from the manual if you are using it. You can probably get a few quid by selling the spare as they have been known to split.

Mike