PDA

View Full Version : Underbonnet pump sorted

flapper
13th February 2013, 21:29
The Rover X part pump from College Motors arrived today (O.E. and only £110) and after several cuts and grazes It was fitted.
Not the easiest of access even with the battery box ect removed.
Turned key to second position,allowed the pump and filter to prime, no knocking or gurgling,,, It fired first turn of the key, purring like a new one. Been for long run, and it is as good as ever.

Now the bad news and help is very much needed.
The following electrical problems are evident

What is working (its a connie CDT SE)
Lights ok including fog and spot & interior
Electric seats move ok, heating units ok
Reversing sensors ok
All electric windows, electric mirrors ok
blowers ok
Horn ok
Indicators work but instrument panel repeaters and sounder dont
Radio working OK but not the CD or autochanger (says no tape )
Fag lighter socket ok
FBH ok This had not worked for several years???
Note! everything was working Ok before the fuel pump problem?

What is not working
Heated Rear Screen (dash switch does not light up either)
Instrument console indicator repeaters (but Indicators are working OK)
Cruise control switch lights comes on but cruise wont engage and no cruise indicator in instrument console
CD & Autochanger not working
Locks will work from central console button when sitting in car but key fob will not lock but will unlock?? it didnt work on Sat once bonnet switch went u/s
Bonnet open and boot open instrument console lights not working Recirculating air button not working or lighting up I think its on recirculating all the time

Ive checked the relevent fuses in box and under bonnet, swopped relay 2 with the identical adjacent one all with no effect.

Has anyone out there experienced this or have any ideas of what can be done.

Im mobile again and that is a big plus

sworks
13th February 2013, 21:39
Try disconnecting your fbh to see if that makes a difference, sounds like a K bus issue. Disconnect fbh, auto changer and if you have Satnav disconnect that too taking note of shut down sequence. If you have Satnav also check the boot for leaks :)

crofts
15th February 2013, 03:12
Don't know if you mentioned in tank pump. Car will run fine with just U/B pump if over quarter tank of fuel. It follows therefore that the I/T pump can have failed without being noticed (happened to me)
Pump will run for about 40secs with ign.on (not started). Listen through open tank filler, over rear O/S seat or, as with mine, listening between wheel and wheel arch on O/S

flapper
15th February 2013, 18:10
Ive fitted a new O/E underbonnet pump from College motors of Oxford. the tank pump is u/s but not having any effect.
In other posts ive advised of bonnet switch probs and multiple electrical problems.

Everything is now Ok and I know the root cause of all the electical gremlins. The FBH

When the pump went I drained the battery trying to start the car. When I removed it to charge the BCU reset itself. The FBH had not worked for several years, the reset energised it again. The first symptom of this was the bonnet switch staying on.
Once the pump was repaired and the car running I found the following
CD not working
heated rear screen not working
heater controls faulty
dash indicator repeaters not working
central locking not working
Bonnet and boot open switches not working

today I disconnected the battery, disconnected the FBH waited 10 minutes for BCU to reset, connected the battery and everything is as it was ,, brilliant.
Big thank you to French Mike and all the other contributors who advised FBH at the heart of the electrical probs:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

FrenchMike
15th February 2013, 18:24
Ive fitted a new O/E underbonnet pump from College motors of Oxford. the tank pump is u/s but not having any effect.
In other posts ive advised of bonnet switch probs and multiple electrical problems.

Everything is now Ok and I know the root cause of all the electical gremlins. The FBH

When the pump went I drained the battery trying to start the car. When I removed it to charge the BCU reset itself. The FBH had not worked for several years, the reset energised it again. The first symptom of this was the bonnet switch staying on.
Once the pump was repaired and the car running I found the following
CD not working
heated rear screen not working
heater controls faulty
dash indicator repeaters not working
central locking not working
Bonnet and boot open switches not working

today I disconnected the battery, disconnected the FBH waited 10 minutes for BCU to reset, connected the battery and everything is as it was ,, brilliant.
Big thank you to French Mike and all the other contributors who advised FBH at the heart of the electrical probs:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

You're welcome and if you want to have your FBH working ,tell me ,i can help !

Mike