PDA

View Full Version : Slight hesitation occasionally

hogweed
14th February 2013, 11:35
Sometimes, I think more when the car is cold, it hesitates momentarily when I apply the throttle – as if there’s a ¼ of a second delay.

These things are notoriously difficult to monitor accurately, but I’d say it happens most often after coasting down a hill on the over-run, then when I gently apply the boot again there’s just that slight hesitation, then all is perfectly fine.

I’m not asking everybody to speculate wildly – just if this is a known issue with a known problem!

Ta

James.uk
14th February 2013, 13:35
Could be your MAF is on the blink. Unplug it for a few days and see if the problem goes away. If it does, replace your MAF. :)

hogweed
14th February 2013, 13:37
Could be your MAF is on the blink. Unplug it for a few days and see if the problem goes away. If it does, replace your MAF. :)

I replaced it 2½ years ago when I bought the car… any particular reason you suspect the MAF?

MrDoodles
14th February 2013, 13:57
I replaced it 2½ years ago when I bought the car… any particular reason you suspect the MAF?

What mileage has the car done since and did you replace it with a genuine Bosch unit? :shrug:

ProfDave
14th February 2013, 18:13
Is your EGR clean and what of your O Rings and PCV??

hogweed
14th February 2013, 18:43
Is your EGR clean and what of your O Rings and PCV??

I don't know. Would those things cause a very intermittent problem? I'd have thought symptoms caused by a blockage would be there all the time...

James.uk
14th February 2013, 18:50
"O" rings just cause an oil leak under the nearside light, I reckon most 75 diesels are running about with blown "O" rings.

The first signs of a clogged PCV is smoke from the exhaust, same for the EGR, I don't think either will cause an intermittent fault like yours. :shrug:

Unplug your MAF and see if the car runs any better. :)

ProfDave
16th February 2013, 16:22
"O" rings just cause an oil leak under the nearside light, I reckon most 75 diesels are running about with blown "O" rings.

The first signs of a clogged PCV is smoke from the exhaust, same for the EGR, I don't think either will cause an intermittent fault like yours. :shrug:

Unplug your MAF and see if the car runs any better. :)

Agreed try the MAF but as its a CDTi then checking all the usual suspects is worth it as the cost nowt. Pcv in particular.