PDA

View Full Version : Does the MGZT have rain sensing wiper option?

moss
6th January 2008, 23:26
Does the MGZT 2005 have the option for rain sensing wipers ? or is this a option i can add by means of changing anything >?<

also auto headlilghts, is this or was this a option.

thanks

Rhencullen
6th January 2008, 23:38
My 2005 ZT has rain sensor wipers and auto headlights but I don't know about them being an "option"

Dave Goody
7th January 2008, 14:39
My 2005 ZT has rain sensor wipers and auto headlights but I don't know about them being an "option"

The ZT+ has them as std it comes as part of Driver Intelligence pack

Mike
7th January 2008, 15:06
To retrofit the rain sensor would require, on top of several other parts, a new and different windscreen - so not a cheap or easy retrofit.

hth

mike

pmessling
7th January 2008, 15:23
To retrofit the rain sensor would require, on top of several other parts, a new and different windscreen - so not a cheap or easy retrofit.

hth

mike

It is if you had to have a new windscreen if it was chipped or cracked through your insurance company.
When i had mine replaced recently they asked if i had the sensor which i do.

Greeners
7th January 2008, 17:01
I have just bought a new windscreen with the optical unit on the screen, a BMW sensor and all I need is (hopefully) a quick bit of T4 to enable it.......

moss
7th January 2008, 18:36
I have just bought a new windscreen with the optical unit on the screen, a BMW sensor and all I need is (hopefully) a quick bit of T4 to enable it.......

is the optical unit om the screen or part of the interior mirror assembly ?

Greeners
7th January 2008, 21:56
is the optical unit om the screen or part of the interior mirror assembly ?

the optical unit is bonded to the screen, the electronics, clips to the back of it...If you find a post by Julesbass in the wanted section, there are some pictures.

Keith
8th January 2008, 12:46
Very much bonded as part of the screen.

And from personal experience I know of at least one windscreen company that provides a screen with the painted mask but missing the essential optics.

So always make sure they are fitting the correct screen as you otherwise might not find out until much later that you no longer have rain sensing or as a result any form of intermittent wipe function anymore.