PDA

View Full Version : whats the best items to use

myrover2013
15th February 2013, 19:50
Hi All, we go and pick up our new baby on Saturday , can you guy's tell me , what is the best items to clean the leather interior & to keep the body clean

kind regards

david

exlkrs
15th February 2013, 19:57
Leather Gliptone,
Exterior Poundshop car shampoo and Autoglym polish.
Windows in and out old fashioned household windolene cream

arthur2k3
15th February 2013, 19:57
Hi All, we go and pick up our new baby on Saturday , can you guy's tell me , what is the best items to clean the leather interior & to keep the body clean

kind regards

david

Hi david welcome to the club. I clean mine with autoglym for everything. I know it is dearer but i have used it on all my cars.I also live in norwich, tuckswood. if you need any help i will try and help, i dont know a great deal but the members on here are brilliant.

rgds Arthur

myrover2013
15th February 2013, 20:34
Hi Arther, buying my wife a nice connoisseur se 4 door 2.0 cdt in red with cream leather from beccles , thank you for the tips it's been a long time since we have had a rover

regards

david.

myrover2013
15th February 2013, 20:34
Thanks for the tips guy's

Thomas
15th February 2013, 20:36
Hi David

I have moved this to the valeting forum for better coverage ;)

brianw
15th February 2013, 20:43
Leather: If it is in need of clean vanish bar (search for thread in valeting section on here) Follow by Gliptone conditioner.

Body: I favour autoglym SRP followed by autoglym EGP as a relatively easy to apply with good results.

Congrats on the colour choice BTW (recently got my other half a Copperleaf Red with Sandstone interior, makes me quite jealous at times)

rovexCDTi
16th February 2013, 09:30
Clean leather with a vanish bar, keep it clean with Glyptone products, or a leather sealant.

Autoglym is OK, but not all that great, it doesn't last especially well, its a bit 'Halfords'.. The best products to use depend on the colour of the car and how much effort you want to put in!

See my guide here:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=118061

slydog
18th February 2013, 16:21
meguires for everything on my cars and bikes . not cheap but brilliant

rovexCDTi
18th February 2013, 16:37
Meguiars IS pretty cheap, but its good value.