PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Cupholder

Per Ardua
7th January 2008, 08:07
My Cupholder is, frankly, a bit of a pain. It tends to stick and not pop-out when pushed so I end up having to open the ashtray before prising the holder out from the bottom.

Is this just another ZT-ism or another feature that goes all 'Longbridge' on me and goes on strike? Or can I free-up the mechanism some how?

all tips gratefully received...

Greeners
7th January 2008, 08:23
My Cupholder is, frankly, a bit of a pain. It tends to stick and not pop-out when pushed so I end up having to open the ashtray before prising the holder out from the bottom.

Is this just another ZT-ism or another feature that goes all 'Longbridge' on me and goes on strike? Or can I free-up the mechanism some how?

all tips gratefully received...

They all do over a period of time. I dismantled my rear cup holder, cleaned the years of gunk out, lubed all the moving parts with silicon oil and its good as new.

CDTi
7th January 2008, 09:55
They all do over a period of time. I dismantled my rear cup holder, cleaned the years of gunk out, lubed all the moving parts with silicon oil and its good as new.If you don't have silicon oil/grease, then a bit of Vaseline would do.

JohnDotCom
7th January 2008, 10:06
....or get a New Cheap Replacement from Les. :D
(Its alright I'm just Lazy)

CDTi
7th January 2008, 10:18
....or get a New Cheap Replacement from Les. :D
(Its alright I'm just Lazy)Tut tut..."Reuse, Ruduce, Recycle" as Bob The Builder says :lol:

JohnDotCom
7th January 2008, 10:33
Tut tut..."Reuse, Ruduce, Recycle" as Bob The Builder says :lol:

I won't get drawn into this one till the US, China, India etc join in.
Recycle not in this Location. :D:D
But I do Purchase from Les....Does that Count? :D

Greeners
7th January 2008, 11:02
If you don't have silicon oil/grease, then a bit of Vaseline would do.

or Mr Sheen, as it's got a lot of silicon in it..

crofts
7th January 2008, 11:09
or Mr Sheen, as it's got a lot of silicon in it..

Or a spray with magical WD40 !http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif
Wink

Per Ardua
7th January 2008, 12:29
my Zed-TeeTee is filthy at the moment after all the driving over Christmas on the wet, dirty and salty roads; and after parking outside my Gran's in Scunthorpe on Sunday, the bonnet looks like a pair of pigeon's heavily skid-marked under-pants! So I'll give it a wash and vacuum this coming weekend. I'll get the silicon lube out while I'm at it.

tourerfogey
7th January 2008, 12:37
Have exactly the same problem which is why my cup holder is left permanently open.

PS why do they call them cup holders when 90% of people put cans in them?

Per Ardua
7th January 2008, 13:09
Have exactly the same problem which is why my cup holder is left permanently open.

t'was the faff I had trying to prise the offending item open to hold my McDonald's Milkshake CUP on new year's eve that prompted me to ask...

adrenalin rush
7th January 2008, 20:07
Only thing that fits in mine is bottles of coke no cans for me "WHY i hear you ask" because the dam phone holder is just above the cup holder so bottles of coke just fit nice and snug

Time to pm les me thinks

ragitty
7th January 2008, 20:10

Because we can :D In all honesty I bet I never use mine.