PDA

View Full Version : abs kicking in.....

rapid6
16th February 2013, 21:21
My abs has been randomly kicking in when braking last few days.......nothing wrong with that you may think, but the roads have been perfectly dry??????
Any ideas

Jules
16th February 2013, 22:23
Check for soggy carpet.
Have they got wet in the past due to the 5 well known leak points ?
Water will interfere with the ABS signal wiring looms running down the inner sills

rasa
17th February 2013, 05:36
My abs has been randomly kicking in when braking last few days.......nothing wrong with that you may think, but the roads have been perfectly dry??????
Any ideasabs sensors would be my starting point, then maybe reluctor ring, i assume these cars have them, someone will be along to tell me if im wrong, thought it was reluctor ring on a mondeo i had , but was just a sensor needed cleaning.

Anthony & Maricel
17th February 2013, 07:31
Check the wires going to the abs sensor they can get chaffed and damaged, I had a similar problem 3 years ago.

ABS would come on at low speed braking, also another good indicator is if your speedo stops working or is intermittent that would indicate the front offside abs not working.

Have them changed in pairs, If one is faulty the other one will not be far behind it as I found out. Had my offside ABS sensor changed following month the nearside one went faulty.