PDA

View Full Version : Alloy spare

Ken
7th January 2008, 11:25
I am in the process of changing the car for another 75. At the moment I have a 15" alloy spare wheel and the new car has a spacesaver. Could I use the 15" spare I have now as a spare for the new car which is running 16" wheels? The tyre on the 15" is 195 and they 16" tyre is a 215.

Probably an easy type question but I don't have a clue to the answer :o

Cheers

Ken

GreyGhost
7th January 2008, 11:48
You can certainly use the 15" as a spare, keep the speed down as the handling will be slightly off until you get the 16" repaired. Probably a better option than the spacesaver.

CDTi
7th January 2008, 12:29
I am in the process of changing the car for another 75. Any details of the new motor yet, Ken?

baxlin
7th January 2008, 12:32
Just sold my spacesaver on Ebay, and in doing so I noticed it was a 16" tyre size. The car has (had) 15" Crowns, so it doesn't appear too critical, providing the speed's kept down.

I now have one of the Crowns as a spare, and 15" Contours (I think), which I prefer to the Crowns on the road wheels. As they all have 195/65 tyres, I'm assuming the different pattern alloys will make no difference. Just look stoopid!

BTW if anyone wants any of the 3 Crowns I still have (no tyres), dirt cheap, PM me (sorry for slight Hijack of thread)

Malcolm

JohnDotCom
7th January 2008, 12:41
If you have 16" Spoked alloys on new Car Ken, PM me. :D

Ken
7th January 2008, 13:37
Any details of the new motor yet, Ken?
I pick her up next week Cdti conn/se BRG auto 31k and gorgeous :lol: I will be sorry to see mine go but I wanted a diesel auto for a long time and the BRG clinched it. Only one problem.............how do I tell the wife? She hates 75s and always have so I have now gone and got another :mad: Her main grumble is leather seats (cold or hot) windows too high on the door (feels enclosed) to posh for us (?????) and its not a Ford Sierra GLX

No accounting sometimes is there :)

Thanks for all the answers on the spare everyone ;)

CDTi
7th January 2008, 13:51
I pick her up next week Cdti conn/se BRG auto 31k and gorgeous :lol: I will be sorry to see mine go but I wanted a diesel auto for a long time and the BRG clinched it. Sounds lovely, Ken. You can't go wrong with the diesel.

how do I tell the wife? She hates 75s and always have so I have now gone and got another :mad: Could you trade her in with the old car?;)

Ken
7th January 2008, 13:55
Could you trade her in with the old car?;)

Done that three times and she finds her way back, even dumped her in Germany once but again no joy :D

If she reads this I am history :o

CDTi
7th January 2008, 13:58
.. even dumped her in Germany once but again no joy :DNow theres an idea :lol:

windrush
7th January 2008, 14:36
I pick her up next week Cdti conn/se BRG auto 31k and gorgeous :lol: I will be sorry to see mine go but I wanted a diesel auto for a long time and the BRG clinched it. Only one problem.............how do I tell the wife? She hates 75s and always have so I have now gone and got another :mad: Her main grumble is leather seats (cold or hot) windows too high on the door (feels enclosed) to posh for us (?????) and its not a Ford Sierra GLX

And just what are the Silver Brigade going to say Good on yer Ken

JohnDotCom
7th January 2008, 14:42
We are going to Cover it with Shiny Chrome and a Rain Cover, in Silver of Course. ;)

David3807
7th January 2008, 15:01

Sounds a nice car Ken. Great colour IMO but is a so and so to keep clean.

My guess is you and SWMBO might be in for a pleasant surprise - if the new car has the sandstone interior.

My saloon has Ash Grey interior and (I am told by Christine) feels a bit claustrophobic. The Tourer on the other hand is BRG/Sandstone and I am told (again by Christine) that it feels spacious and a lot better than the saloon.

If on the other hand yours is BRG/Ash Grey than you have plan B - it was a cost saving exercise and you needed something challenging to keep clean at the weekends.:)

Ken
7th January 2008, 15:34
Sounds a nice car Ken. Great colour IMO but is a so and so to keep clean.

My guess is you and SWMBO might be in for a pleasant surprise - if the new car has the sandstone interior.

My saloon has Ash Grey interior and (I am told by Christine) feels a bit claustrophobic. The Tourer on the other hand is BRG/Sandstone and I am told (again by Christine) that it feels spacious and a lot better than the saloon.

If on the other hand yours is BRG/Ash Grey than you have plan B - it was a cost saving exercise and you needed something challenging to keep clean at the weekends.:)

Ash grey David so it has to be a cost cutting exercise ;)

Ken
7th January 2008, 15:36

I am still a member of the 'silver' brigade Derek as BRG is the new silver ;)

JohnDotCom
7th January 2008, 15:40
I am still a member of the 'silver' brigade Derek as BRG is the new silver ;)

Now let me see, How many Spray cans do I need for the Next Meet? :D:D

Ken
7th January 2008, 15:47
Now let me see, How many Spray cans do I need for the Next Meet? :D:D

In BRG? none as I have no stone chips ;)

JohnDotCom
7th January 2008, 15:54
In BRG? none as I have no stone chips ;)
I was more thinking of Nice Shiny Silver Paint Ken. :D:D

Ken
7th January 2008, 15:57
I was more thinking of Nice Shiny Silver Paint Ken. :D:D

I know..... :D

Christopher
7th January 2008, 17:27

We are well gutted Derek - a sad sad day when one leaves the fold ... :(:shrug:

Christopher
7th January 2008, 17:27
We are well gutted Derek - a sad sad day when one leaves the fold ... :(:shrug:

I also wanted to add .... even if it is Ken!

Ken
7th January 2008, 17:31
I also wanted to add .... even if it is Ken!

I wanted to add that my door finishers came off clean, sparkling and ready to look brilliant against BRG :D

Christopher
7th January 2008, 17:35
I wanted to add that my door finishers came off clean, sparkling and ready to look brilliant against BRG :D

I was going to type some "anti" comment about BRG .... but I like the colour so can't really ... besides, you know we all love you really Uncle Ken :unlucky:

(even if you have deserted the fold)

Jürgen
7th January 2008, 17:41
You can certainly use the 15" as a spare, keep the speed down as the handling will be slightly off until you get the 16" repaired. Probably a better option than the spacesaver.
:wot:

I pick her up next week Cdti conn/se BRG auto 31k and gorgeous :lol:
How on earth could you go for a diesel auto, Ken? :D

If she reads this I am history :o
My lips are sealed. So what are you paying? :pillow:

Reads like a good choice. And BRG, lovely colour... :drool4:

GreyGhost
7th January 2008, 18:35

That's good to hear as they are now worth more than the car. :D

windrush
7th January 2008, 18:45

And I am sure that they will look much better on BRG than this common silver

JohnDotCom
7th January 2008, 18:45
You just made me PMSL :D:D

Ken
7th January 2008, 18:55

gg you are obviously reading the posts wrongly, its a BRG 75 I am getting not a grey ZT :laughing2:

Any grey ZT owners out there......its only a joke honestly :D

GreyGhost
7th January 2008, 19:00
gg you are obviously reading the posts wrongly, its a 75 I am getting not a grey ZT :laughing2:

Any grey ZT owners out there......its only a joke :D

I am reading correctly, it was the silver car that I considered to be worth less than the finishers. Silver is just so 20th century. BRG is timeless.

Any more cracks about grey ZTs and I'll be telling your Mrs there are other cars you could have bought. I hear the Ford focus in ghastly silver is all the rage in Hampshire these days. :D :D

Ken
7th January 2008, 19:03
Any more cracks about grey ZTs and I'll be telling your Mrs there are other cars you could have bought. I hear the Ford focus in ghastly silver is all the rage in Hampshire these days. :D :D

I love grey ZTs :drool4:

Jürgen
7th January 2008, 19:11
:laughing2: