PDA

View Full Version : Rover 75 Tourer injector problems

Dave at the Beech
7th January 2008, 15:34
My Rover 75 Tourer 2003 Diesel was fine until recently. Now it runs eneven on tickover, won't accelerate, unless your up to about 30mph and then it is fine. It has recently been fully serviced, the computer diagnosis indicated a new EGR valve was required, which it was at a cost of £140. Made no difference at all. A simple test on the injectors has indicated there doesn't appear to be a problem there. Local garage doesn't know what else to do. Has anybody out there any other suggestions? Other syptoms are a dramatic fall in MPG and a dirty black smoke when you attempt to break through the idle to accelorate barrier,after that the exhaust emissions seem to be back to normal. Starts fine ever time.
Any ideas, or know anyone that has better diagnostic equipment ?........Dave

JohnDotCom
7th January 2008, 15:49
Welcome to the Forums Dave,
I'd also be looking at the MAF Sensor.
If you are getting Smoke, Poor MPG and lack of Revs till 3000 RPM the MAF is often the Answer.
Unplug it and see any Difference as a First Step.
See Rover Ron's help on his Web Site at Top of Page.
I would have just Modified and Bypassed the EGR Valve.
Another chain of Thought could be One Fuel Pump Failing, more so if under quarter full of Fuel.
Did you get a print out of Stored and Current Codes on the T4, which I presume/Hope they used?

Dave at the Beech
7th January 2008, 15:59
Thanks for your interest John. Unfortunately they didn't give me a copy of the error report and I don't know what equipment they used. Cost me a lot of money though. I shall check the MAF connector when I find out what and where it is! Bit new to this, but more than willing to learn.
Best car I've ever owned until now.

FRENCHIE
7th January 2008, 16:23
Hi Dave at the Beech.
I had same symptoms last Oct and contacted Rover Ron, I got MAF sensor and MAFAM. (cost £110, and worth every penny)
This transformed the car. the MAFAM is now set up for optimum performance at about 12 o'clock on the dial and my MPG has returned to as new, with fantastic acceleration.

Keith
7th January 2008, 17:56
EGR is dead easy to test on the correct mgr diag kit so lets assume that was faulty

I would now go for unplugging the maf as it is a very quick way to establish if that is faulty and is completely free.

Dave at the Beech
8th January 2008, 11:46
Thanks to everyone that replied. MAF sensor is now disconnected and the car is running fine. Rover Ron is posting off one of his synergy units today and I hope to be on my merry way again by the weekend.Brilliant site.. thanks again, will get my pal to join today. (He can't get the bonnet open on his Rover 75 )

JohnDotCom
8th January 2008, 13:10
You should fit one of his MAF's at same time.
A lot cheaper than the Bosch ones.
If you are Getting the Synergy 2 it will run fine with that one.