PDA

View Full Version : Repairs

Phil
7th December 2006, 18:07
As I'm a mechanic, I'm quite fortunate that I can repair my own car, even the warranty work!! However I always dread bringing my car in as I get all kinds of abuse for owning a Rover, the time before last some little **** pulled the viking badge laminate off the rear badge, to say I got a smidge cross would be an understatement.
Anyway, today I changed my catalyst. What a kerfuffel that was. You have to cut the exhaust and clamp in the new bit. It took about 40 minutes from start to finish. Was quite chuffed with that.

As I was packing up to leave I had the car idling to let the exhaust paste set, one of the guys I work with came for a nose, he couldn't believe how quiet the engine was and said what a quality feel they had about them, so come monday I'm going to do my best to trick him into a 75;) .
Then out comes my manager, doing the same, nosing around, then says, well their not bad I suppose, if they had a different brand name on the bonnet they'd be quite good cars. Muppet:mad: . Hey ho.

GreyGhost
7th December 2006, 18:16
Jealousy Phil, plain and simple. :D

Phil
7th December 2006, 18:21
Thats exactly what I say to them. When I get comments from people about the 75, I just smile and say, look, I haven't bought the last one, you can have one too. That seems to get quite a reaction sometimes.:p:

JP53
7th December 2006, 18:50
Thats exactly what I say to them. When I get comments from people about the 75, I just smile and say, look, I haven't bought the last one, you can have one too. That seems to get quite a reaction sometimes.:p:

One of the girls I work with is looking to change her C3. She paid £9500 for it 3 years ago and is after a year old Corsa. The one she wants is £7900, just think, for that kind of money you can get a fantastic 75 or ZT.

Simon
7th December 2006, 20:41
My mates were astounded by my choice of car. They said, "But thats a BIG car." SWMBO even commented "That's a big fat slow car, really. Isn't it?"

Their first rides in the car soon shut them up tho! :D

JP53
7th December 2006, 21:39
My mates were astounded by my choice of car. They said, "But thats a BIG car." SWMBO even commented "That's a big fat slow car, really. Isn't it?"

Their first rides in the car soon shut them up tho! :D

Yes it does and if my wife drives most of them never speak again! One or two have after a lot of drugs, electric shock treatment and counseling but the majority remain jibbering wrecks :rofl:

Mel75
8th December 2006, 20:22
I sometimes manage to get my own back a friend bought a 1.8 BM I said nice you bought a slow one then where is the turbo, another guy tried to sneak a £100 part past me for his VW I just said ah ha and pointed, but what brings the biggest smile to my face when I bought my 75 a guy said tut tut bad move he bought a renault it went back to the garage after two weeks he has now had a loan car for 3 months, I cauld go on HGF on a Fiat and a Renault and a Toyota the thing is when a Rover gets HGF a big noise is made, if it happens to any other car its kept quiet and not even mentioned (I mention it though).

Mel75

JP53
8th December 2006, 21:13
I sometimes manage to get my own back a friend bought a 1.8 BM I said nice you bought a slow one then where is the turbo, another guy tried to sneak a £100 part past me for his VW I just said ah ha and pointed, but what brings the biggest smile to my face when I bought my 75 a guy said tut tut bad move he bought a renault it went back to the garage after two weeks he has now had a loan car for 3 months, I cauld go on HGF on a Fiat and a Renault and a Toyota the thing is when a Rover gets HGF a big noise is made, if it happens to any other car its kept quiet and not even mentioned (I mention it though).

Mel75

When I bought my first 75, the other two directors had Mercs as company cars (I always bought my own because I felt the money should stay in the company and go towards better wages or improvements in productivity). I never had a problem with my car, theirs were in and out of the dealers with all sorts of problems. I used to point at the union flag and say I bought British and it's here! :D