PDA

View Full Version : decat done today

ziggy72
20th February 2013, 21:44
I had my mg zt diesel de-catted today. after reading about positive results from other members having it done I mentioned it to one of the lads at work. he put it up onto the ramp and done it on his lunchbreak.
I asked marinabrian a few weeks ago if it would be safe to do after having the 160 bhp remap, as I didn't want to upset the running of the car. he said it wouldn't have any negative effect.
I've drove about 12 mile since having it done including a quick run on the A1 and i'm well pleased. it's more responsive and revs more freely, it doesn't seem any louder either.

ProfDave
20th February 2013, 21:54
agreed! Mine is louder as I have a single box SS exhaust but it certainly revs more freely; probably the cat was entirely choc full of carbon!

ziggy72
21st February 2013, 07:43
time will tell if it also gives a couple more mpg as others have found

cussif
21st February 2013, 14:24
im running myn with 160 map and synergy 2 left the cat shell there but removed baffles running a powerflow back box from a zt 190 i found in a scrappy absolutely flys its going back on the dyno this weekend

ziggy72
21st February 2013, 18:02
I had the synergy 2 on when brian installed the 160 bhp remap. he said it was blowing out too much smoke when they ran together and advised I left it turned off. I never tried them together and removed the synergy when I got the car home.

Jakg
21st February 2013, 18:12
Mines a bit smokey with a Synergy & the 160 map - http://youtu.be/c_9zWYxf9X4

I'm thinking of getting a genuine Bosch one instead and losing the Synergy.

BetterThanJaguar
31st March 2013, 06:18
Hi again Zig. Just happend to read this which of course is your posts. Anyway, I want to know if you have now encountered any problems with the Decat and remap now a little time has gone buy with a few more miles?

Also, you know when you guys talk about synergy and stuff. Is that like the "Name" of the program used for the remap or something? Sorry I'm a newbie.

Cheers

rasa
31st March 2013, 07:16
Hi again Zig. Just happend to read this which of course is your posts. Anyway, I want to know if you have now encountered any problems with the Decat and remap now a little time has gone buy with a few more miles?

Also, you know when you guys talk about synergy and stuff. Is that like the "Name" of the program used for the remap or something? Sorry I'm a newbie.

Cheerssynergy is a tuning box designed by roverron and a company near me called tuning-deisels, it can also be bought with a pierberg maf sensor to replace your bosch one if it is out of spec, or even knackered.