PDA

View Full Version : New ZT-T owner!

d0mokun
21st February 2013, 21:43
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself here. I'm back behind the wheel of an MGR, having owned a 214si as my first car back when I was 17 (8 long years ago)!

I bought a lovely ZT-T 190 at the weekend, having spent some time looking at a number of examples. It's a real shame how many potentially nice cars are actually death traps or just knackered when viewed up close. Luckily I found what I consider a gem.

It has a few nigglies and generally just wants a bit of TLC, but so far it seems absolutely worth it.

It's my first tourer but not my first 6 cylinder car, though it is my first Vee. WHAT a sound.

Thanks to this forum I've already done a few things to the beast, namely the bonnet slider block 'mod' and persuading the power mirrors to work using IPA. Next up is getting the airbag warning light to go away, providing I can get the seat tilted back.

Anyway that's enough of an intro. Thanks for a great forum.

Best
Dan.

1gp
21st February 2013, 21:50
nice one , enjoy... lovely colour that...;):}

Simondi
21st February 2013, 21:50
Welcome to the club.
I hope you enjoy the car and also that you enjoy your stay with us.
Plenty of useful hints and tips to keep your ZT running like a dream.

Its going to be said at some point so I'll get in there first, Check your Plennums:)

Villa Villan
21st February 2013, 21:52
Welcome fella and a very nice tourer you have there. Enjoy. :D

Cheers
Tony

d0mokun
21st February 2013, 21:53
Ah, plenums! I checked the passenger side one yesterday- all clear. Couldn't find and/or get to the drivers side one, so will have a look at that tomorrow.

The only main niggle that I don't think I can solve is my driver display- lots of broken pixels (lines of pixels). That said, the text is still readable.. just interrupted.

I also adjusted the throttle cable- it had a little play on the pedal. It's mostly better now, though I feel might need a bit more.

Best
Dan.

ziggy72
21st February 2013, 21:53
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself here. I'm back behind the wheel of an MGR, having owned a 214si as my first car back when I was 17 (8 long years ago)!

I bought a lovely ZT-T 190 at the weekend, having spent some time looking at a number of examples. It's a real shame how many potentially nice cars are actually death traps or just knackered when viewed up close. Luckily I found what I consider a gem.

It has a few nigglies and generally just wants a bit of TLC, but so far it seems absolutely worth it.

It's my first tourer but not my first 6 cylinder car, though it is my first Vee. WHAT a sound.

Thanks to this forum I've already done a few things to the beast, namely the bonnet slider block 'mod' and persuading the power mirrors to work using IPA. Next up is getting the airbag warning light to go away, providing I can get the seat tilted back.

Anyway that's enough of an intro. Thanks for a great forum.

Best
Dan.

welcome to the club dan. sounds like you've had a few nice cars for a young (25) year old.

d0mokun
21st February 2013, 21:55
Cars have been my poison since I started driving! Work hard, play hard. That said, though the Z4M was a fun toy to have, the fact it tried to murder me every time I drove it in the rain AND it cost a fortune to run meant that it went the way of the dodo within a year. I guess it's a case of finding a nice balance.

I can already sense that the ZT-T is a keeper. Definitely something special about it. The MPG on it surprises me. Even the GTi Ed30 I had got less and that was an I4 turbo!

Best
Dan.

mininuts
21st February 2013, 23:23
Lovely looking car you have there :D

I love ZT-Ts :drool4: