PDA

View Full Version : Insurance company 160 confusion

DJO
8th December 2006, 09:12
It is getting near to the time to renew the insurance. This is the first time that I'm hunting fir insurance for the ZT in its own right, I got the car during the life of my old policy so switched cars.

It is amazing how many companies cannot get the hang of a 2.5V6 160! Churchill say it has to be a 1.8T, others like to say its a 190. Why do these comapnies get it wrong, and thats when I enter the reg number!

Even when using confused.com, they accept it as a 2.5V6 160, but when the list of quotes come back the companies change the details!

Anyone else had similar annoyances with their insurance?

David

selwonk
8th December 2006, 16:54
Should be plain sailing if the companies are using the normal ABI Code44 database. This clearly shows the 160 as a 2.5 - there is no mention of the 160 against *any* of the 1.8T versions...

As for DVLA lookup being wrong - that's *presumably* down the the mapping of your particular vehicle but if you are happy to send me your reg via PM I'll try it against my database and see what it comes back as...

selwonk
8th December 2006, 16:57
Out of interest, ABI mappings for MG ZTs attached...

Simon
8th December 2006, 20:55
Also had similar confusion with some companies. Granted confused.com get's it right but when I phoned the best deal company I had to explain the difference to the operator on the phone. Even then, I had to quote the VIN number to them so they could double-check :argue:

Eventually got there though and all's good now :lol: