PDA

View Full Version : moodyblue is back home

black olive
8th December 2006, 19:31
after over a week at the dealers, finally picked the ZT up today.
after having the battery replaced ( old one leaking- so much for ther 124 point check! yes the battery is there sir), I had a few electrical problems that culminated in the car not starting- all lights etc present and correct but wouldnt crank. between me and the RAC guy we hotwired it to get it home, and I traced the fault to the immobiliser module, but that was as far as I could get as I couldnt remove it.
anyway new one was ordered and fitted under warranty, but it was wet inside due to a leak, which they have also told me is sorted.
Ive been driving around in a hyundia amica all week, so getting back in the ZT felt really good ( but felt big and heavy for the first couple of miles).

Ill spend tomorrow checking everything has been put back together properly- and then hopefully back to enjoying it !

GreyGhost
8th December 2006, 19:35
Good news Bluez.

Hope that's the end of the drama and the start of a beautiful relationship. :)

black olive
8th December 2006, 19:38
Thanks- I also hope I can hold onto it for more than a few weeks this time !!

Keith
8th December 2006, 20:12
Don't want to ring any alarm bells but did acid leak out through the bottom of the battery box?

If so has it all been fully neutralised and cleaned up? As the ABS ECU is directly underneath and they are expensive.

JP53
8th December 2006, 21:15
after over a week at the dealers, finally picked the ZT up today.
after having the battery replaced ( old one leaking- so much for ther 124 point check! yes the battery is there sir), I had a few electrical problems that culminated in the car not starting- all lights etc present and correct but wouldnt crank. between me and the RAC guy we hotwired it to get it home, and I traced the fault to the immobiliser module, but that was as far as I could get as I couldnt remove it.
anyway new one was ordered and fitted under warranty, but it was wet inside due to a leak, which they have also told me is sorted.
Ive been driving around in a hyundia amica all week, so getting back in the ZT felt really good ( but felt big and heavy for the first couple of miles).

Ill spend tomorrow checking everything has been put back together properly- and then hopefully back to enjoying it !

Good to hear, glad it's ok now. :)

windrush
9th December 2006, 09:10
Good news now all sorted go and enjoy

black olive
9th December 2006, 09:25
thanks all.

keith, I did neutralise and clean everything- see this

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=34253