PDA

View Full Version : Sluggish V6...

dom
8th December 2006, 21:26
Hey,

My V6 seems to be a little sluggish at the moment. I don't drive it much as i cycle to work, but when i drove it tonight, it seemed a bit off power. It was only 2 degrees tonight, but i did drive it for 20 minutes, so it had warmed up a bit. When i gave it some welly, it seem to hover at quite high revs on overrun.

It has recently had a new Manifold, New Clutch, it has good tyres all around. I t has been recently serviced and MOT'ed, i can't think of anything else, what do you guys think...

GreyGhost
8th December 2006, 21:34
Hey,

My V6 seems to be a little sluggish at the moment. I don't drive it much as i cycle to work, but when i drove it tonight, it seemed a bit off power. It was only 2 degrees tonight, but i did drive it for 20 minutes, so it had warmed up a bit. When i gave it some welly, it seem to hover at quite high revs on overrun.

It has recently had a new Manifold, New Clutch, it has good tyres all around. I t has been recently serviced and MOT'ed, i can't think of anything else, what do you guys think...

Take it out for a proper Italian tune up before making any real judgements. 20 minutes is barely long enough to get the oil in engine and gearbox warm. Even though the coolant is up to temperature. After 20 minutes is when you should have been giving it a good blow. IMHO

Simon
8th December 2006, 21:38
Could be a number of things.

Simple solution would be owing to colder weather that the engine needs a bit of running just to free things up.

If this doesn't solve things then its good to check ECU plenum drains just incase water is affected the ECU. As you've had a new inlet manifold then VIS valves probably not the problem.

Maybe something blocking the air filter too? Worth checking the filter box to see if anthing has happened its way in there (kind of unlikely, though).

Mostly I'd put it down to the petrol maybe seperating and leaving the 'gunky' stuff at the bottom of the tank and the fact that perhaps the engine needs a bit of freeing up to circulate the oil back into all the right places.

Hope this helps!

dom
8th December 2006, 22:17
Cheers guys,

Good to have online support. I will take her for a razz tomorrow, see if she loosens up a bit. Probably is the cold...