PDA

View Full Version : Upper Plenum Water Drain Tube

whiteknight
12th January 2008, 19:10
After removing and checking my drain tube today I did a foolish thing and applied too much pressure when I replaced it and pushed it right through the hole in the upper plenum. It's now sitting neatly in the lower hole and I can't get at it to retrieve it.
The problem is of course that there is now no connection for the water to drain from the top hole to the lower hole and out onto the ground. Would anyone else like to own up to doing likewise and if they have, how they solved the problem?
I don't know, for example, whether to leave the tube that's dropped where it is, buy another and modify it and feed it into this tube. Or, can I push the dropped tube through the lower hole and hey presto it appears on the ground underneath the car?
Any suggestions gratefully received.

ragitty
12th January 2008, 20:23
:welcome::welcome::welcome: Whiteknight, this is a great place to be, stacks of important information about your car on the pages of this forum, should you wish to subscribe it is only £3.00 a year, that is terrific value for money.

With regard to your problem maybe try long nosed plyers to retrieve the plenum, I do know that the wing area is double skinned because when I did mine it did not line it up correctly and it folded over hence stopping the water draining away.

I am not certain but I am sure someone will come along and correct me if I am wrong, but can you remove the wheel arch liner to gain access to it???.

Mike
12th January 2008, 20:29
I am not certain but I am sure someone will come along and correct me if I am wrong, but can you remove the wheel arch liner to gain access to it???.

Yes you can ragitty - likely that would be the best next step.

hth

whiteknight
12th January 2008, 20:51
Will the tube be visible with the wheel arch liner removed?

Keith
12th January 2008, 20:54
Yes it will be very obvious and will probably fall on the floor

whiteknight
12th January 2008, 21:01
Thanks Keith, I'll give it a try tomorrow..... (but you knew that anyway!)

whiteknight
12th January 2008, 21:04
Thanks also to Mike and Raggity for prompt replies.

steve00117
12th January 2008, 23:40
Thanks Keith, I'll give it a try tomorrow..... (but you knew that anyway!)

When it stops raining perhaps? :lol:

whiteknight
15th January 2008, 12:52
Drain tube recovered. In the end I avoided removing the liner by sliding my hand & arm carefully between liner and wheel arch from underneath and grabbing the little pest.