PDA

View Full Version : sat nav

stef_uk
9th December 2006, 12:02
spotted this on ebay is it complete as the chap says?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-75-MG-ZT-Sat-Nav-And-Tv-Tuner-Complete-Setup_W0QQitemZ170057630654QQihZ007QQcategoryZ7532 7QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170057630654

yp53
9th December 2006, 13:02
Looks like the radio tuner/amplifier is missing to me.

(Keith has a spare one though I think..)

CDTi
9th December 2006, 14:12
I'm watching this one myself, but the "I'm selling for a friend and don't know if it works" bit puts me off a bit. After all if you are spending the guts of a grand on something, you would want to be sure it works!.

Also look at the Sellers returns policy - "Sorry no returns". I suppose Paypal would protect you.

yp53
9th December 2006, 14:50
I asked the seller about the radio/amp and he replied that the tuner is in the head unit, the amp in the TV tuner box.

This was certainly not the case with the setup I sold recently, unless the system architecture has changed in recent years

caveat emptor, etc..

Keith
9th December 2006, 19:35
You are right from the pictures the CD changer and the Radio is missing and so is the FM Diversity amplifier for the radio as well and probably the bracket for the Radio!

Also if the system is definitely brand new then the nav comp may need coding once installed.

Odd there are two harnesses one could be resold for a decent price

I do still have a radio for sale

CDTi
10th December 2006, 10:32
Went for £710 - would have been a bit of a bargain had it been a complete kit.

Anyone here buy it?

crofts
10th December 2006, 16:14
Went for £710 - would have been a bit of a bargain had it been a complete kit.

Anyone here buy it?

Other than a smart dash and better security I am having difficulty seeing the advantage of the High Line set up.
The 'Low Line' that I have I have given up on having got to my destination many times without it functioning. And what a pain feeding in the address !
The portable models available have so many features at a fraction of the price and can be placed almost in'line of sight'. No powering down or complicated wiring and connectors required. The Navteq CD updates are expensive also.
Am I missing some other advantages ?
As you may have guessed, I have bought a portable, A Navman. It is an absolute pleasure to use, and 'that lady'
is so polite. Has saved so many arguments with wifey ! !:lol:

Rich
10th December 2006, 16:48
and 'that lady' is so polite. Has saved so many arguments with wifey

Just wait for the "You talk more to her than you do to me!" arguments to start crofts. Happens all the time with me and my wife, due to 'Jane' from TomTom :D

crofts
11th December 2006, 01:06
Which model Navman would you recommend Crofts? Do they use their own batteries or can you run them off the car's power supply?

Hi Simon. I bought the iCN750 model. Probably could have bougt cheaper but it has got a lot of features and Amazon had it at a v. good price.
I have only used it on the rechargable battery - twice now. Think they say about 21/2 hours use but yes it comes with car lead to cig lighter. I use their mount and put it just above dashboard and imm. to left of speedo shroud. With
4" screen even I can see clearly & eyes don't leave the w/screen. Put mount under front seat and sat nav in my pocket when i leave car parked. Hell it even tells you the house nos. as you go down the street, magic. ! !
Having lived outside UK for 30 years I don't know the roads & locations well and with the post code system don't even have to know the county etc. The whole alphabet and numerals come up in one shot. So easy to enter address or post code on touch screen.
End of shouting matches with the 'navigator'. Bliss ! ! :lol: