PDA

View Full Version : Welsh meets

valleygixer
26th March 2013, 17:24
Does the welsh section have any regular or irregular meets?

TheSamPeople
28th March 2013, 00:21
from what i have seen so far, nope :(

James.uk
28th March 2013, 02:30
I have arranged a few in North Wales (Colwyn Bay) but so far only one or two Welsh people have attended. Had it not been for a few members from North West UK and Jules and his family turning up I would have been very lonely innit.. :o

Having said that I will try to arrange one later in the year when this cold weather clears. :}

There have been a few good meetings in South Wales though, keep an eye out for one.. :}

ChestersDad
29th March 2013, 09:00
Yes they do! :hurray:

We've been to 2 or 3 in the last 18 Months and enjoyed each one and made some very good friends along the way - people whom we would never have otherwise met. ;)

One of those meets was a gathering in the grounds of a South Wales based TV and Electrical product business that was absolutely fascinating then taking ourselves off for a long walk through the adjacent Coastal Nature Reserve. :cool2:

Another was a superb day at the Brecon Beacons National Park's Mountain Centre which provided a Fun Day Fair, excellent food, a great gathering, chat and panoramic walks when one got 'car'd out' and felt the need to wander. :D

Another was a FAB day at the Classic Car show in Cardigan - a strong 75 and ZT turn out and some fine weather made a good day. I even got to sit in a £Quarter of a Mil Bentley as they has a strong anniversary turn out on the same day too. :drool4:

Given the weather at the moment I'm not surprised that the suggestions for yet another outing is slow in coming either that or our excellent organisers are still exhausted after helping with The 14th National Meet at the Royal Botanical Gardens earlier this Month and the great and heartfelt work that Eurorover and his merry band volunteers did for the rebirth of 'Olga' for the day. :cool:

If you're hoping for a 'Welsh' run out again soon I'm with you too! :driving:

Always good to see like minded friends from up and down the land.

Paul. :}

danbmx_69
29th March 2013, 18:22
i would be up for one soon and i am sure eurorover and olga would come along to :)

Parker
29th March 2013, 18:37
We've met quite a few times as ChestersDad says plus we had a meet at Kenfig nature reserve, St. Fagan's and Rest Bay Porthcawl ;) Oh and not to forget the Margam Park meet which was sadly poorly attended. :(

Just last month the national was also in Wales ;)

If you guys fancy a meet then let's do it, generally Markd3 is the man but I think family is getting in the way at the moment, I mean to say no commitment :D

If Mark doesn't reply in the next few days I'll get a thread of interest started ;)

valleygixer
31st March 2013, 16:47
Yep I'm up for it. I'm also going to POL if anyone else is going? Be nice to drive up in a convoy!

Parker
31st March 2013, 19:03
I'm supposed to be going but work commitments look like I may need to sadly from out :(

peckster123
1st April 2014, 14:00
i def be interested be nice to put faces to names, my cars not a1 con but be nice to see what others have done :-)

Jim W
3rd April 2014, 16:45
Im also up for a meet hopefully someone will organise one soon

Dragrad
5th April 2014, 03:12
Our RS seems to have gone quiet of late, maybe a Welsh member would like to propose a meet ? :D Any member can hold a meet but do be aware that the Club's Insurance will not cover it ;)

I organised the 1st Welsh National last year.... A doddle....:D

valleygixer
5th April 2014, 06:08
Our RS seems to have gone quiet of late, maybe a Welsh member would like to propose a meet ? :D Any member can hold a meet but do be aware that the Club's Insurance will not cover it ;)

I organised the 1st Welsh National last year.... A doddle....:D

Who is our RS?

I don't mind sorting a meet out. I'll propose some places dates and times and see what the interest is like.

Dragrad
5th April 2014, 06:18
Who is our RS?

I don't mind sorting a meet out. I'll propose some places dates and times and see what the interest is like.

Mark d3 is our current RS although fairly inactive :( :shrug: So if you want to sort something out, please do so... The only problem with Wales is that we are fairly coastal in population...and either a South or North Wales corridor:mad:

Drop me a pm and I can give you some guidelines :D

valleygixer
5th April 2014, 06:56
Mark d3 is our current RS although fairly inactive :( :shrug: So if you want to sort something out, please do so... The only problem with Wales is that we are fairly coastal in population...and either a South or North Wales corridor:mad:

Drop me a pm and I can give you some guidelines :D

Could we not split into North and South Wales and have 2 reps? Make it easier to arrange local meets.

peckster123
6th April 2014, 12:45
ohhhhhh now this is going to be interesting well im up for any where in wales that is llol

Simondi
6th April 2014, 13:34
Could we not split into North and South Wales and have 2 reps? Make it easier to arrange local meets.

That could be a distinct possibility, Wales like Scotland has a challenging geography

valleygixer
6th April 2014, 13:48
That could be a distinct possibility, Wales like Scotland has a challenging geography

I think if people don't have to travel quite as far they will be more inclined to attend regular local meets. By the time I travel up to North Wales, I may as well as attend the midlands meets!! Just my thoughts anyway.

mark d3
9th April 2014, 19:16
would be a good idea to have a RS for north wales,as for south wales i am all ears for a venue idea

jgriffo
13th April 2014, 21:07
I think if people don't have to travel quite as far they will be more inclined to attend regular local meets. By the time I travel up to North Wales, I may as well as attend the midlands meets!! Just my thoughts anyway.

Likewise, being in Wrexham it is easier to do the midlands meets rather than travel down to Swansea for example.

valleygixer
14th April 2014, 05:46
would be a good idea to have a RS for north wales,as for south wales i am all ears for a venue idea

Plenty of options now the weather is breaking.

1) Fish n chip run down to Barry one evening?

2) Nice Coastal drive on a weekend? Or a drive up through Brecon?

3) Stand n chat meet? Just find a large free car park..... Possibly next to a Pub?

Loads of options just need to decide I guess, and see who wants to go.

Jim W
15th April 2014, 17:18
Im up for a coastal run or even a run up mid wales. Or if you fancy a picnic or barbeque near brecon I know of 2 carparks by rivers with built in barbies just outside Ystradfelte

Dragrad
18th April 2014, 02:47
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1644411#post1644411

I try... ;)

Please do not respond here, but up to the thread link above :D:D

Dragrad
15th June 2014, 01:21

I try... ;)

Bump.......... ;)

Dragrad
28th June 2014, 00:34

I try... ;)

Any more who want this done, or just pop along for a "hello" :D

Dragrad
13th July 2014, 00:36
Well the 160 remap meet went well :D I think everyone was well pleased with the results. So it is now over to Jim W our South Wales RS to arrange further meets etc. Good luck to him and I have every confidence in him to provide an excellent service :D:D