PDA

View Full Version : Drivers door card loose

Dragrad
15th January 2008, 00:02
Hi all

For some reason the top of the card keeps coming loose, only a half inch or less. When I push it into place it stays, for a while, then springs out again.

What is the solution, besides super glue :)

As always, thanking in advance for any contributions from the forum members

Lovel
15th January 2008, 06:35
Hi all

For some reason the top of the card keeps coming loose, only a half inch or less. When I push it into place it stays, for a while, then springs out again.

What is the solution, besides super glue :)

As always, thanking in advance for any contributions from the forum members

Most likely someone has removed the door card previously and either not fitted the correct door clips or not fitted them at all. You should have at least one Red coloured fir tree plastic clip per door, I believe.
The red clips once they engage will not come out of the hole without breaking them.
They might be part number EYC000380, not the cheapest of products considering how little they would cost to manufacture, hence I have seen some less detail caring folk leave them out.

Raistlin
15th January 2008, 06:53
They might be part number EYC000380, not the cheapest of products considering how little they would cost to manufacture, hence I have seen some less detail caring folk leave them out.

We were trying to source a cheaper supplier of decent quality clones of this fastener from the same people who supplied a lot of us with replacement boot carpet fixing clips.

Moss Plastics (http://www.mossplastics.com/mss/mss-pc.nsf/WebEngine?OpenAgent&cmd=category&category=XDER-6ETL2K-06643)

Unfortunately, I never heard back from them. Did anybody else please?

Greeners
15th January 2008, 07:05
Moss Plastics (http://www.mossplastics.com/mss/mss-pc.nsf/WebEngine?OpenAgent&cmd=category&category=XDER-6ETL2K-06643)

Unfortunately, I never heard back from them. Did anybody else please?

I opend an account with them when I sorted out the boot rivets. TBH, we'd probably need to order tens of thousands to make it viable......

Raistlin
15th January 2008, 08:10
I opend an account with them when I sorted out the boot rivets. TBH, we'd probably need to order tens of thousands to make it viable......

Thanks David.

Do they already have a suitable item or was it to be developed?

JohnFol
15th January 2008, 08:44
I bought 10 of the red clips from SMC-Cars High wycombe to replace the broken ones on the kick panel trim. Cost £17.50 . . yep £1.49 each = VAT

So, if I had to buy a 1000, it might be a comparable price