FLYING BANANA
28th March 2013, 09:57
Halfway house meet

THE 34th SOUTH EAST MEET

SUNDAY 21/04/2013. 12:00pm-5pm AT THE HALFWAY HOUSE - BRENTWOOD

Sponsored by MJS Auto & Marine
http://www.mjsautoandmarine.co.uk/

WELCOME

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around two years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet,there have been some changes of venue along the way,but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend,it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area,serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use

ABOUT THE MEET

We arrive as the designated time which is early in the afternoon
so that we can make a day of it and avoid the dark nights that
we get in the winter months.

After looking at Members Cars we take a few pics and weather
permiting we stay outside to greet anyone who has yet to arrive,
were not hard to find as we all park together in the Venue Car Park,
the current Meet Rep is Fast Alan who drives a ROVER 200 BRM so
keep an eye out.These Meets are Family Friendly and we welcome anyone to
participate.

There are a good handful of us from all over the London, Kent and
Essex areas but we gladly welcome more, if you know any other
Members on other forums near the Meet or Friends who own an MG-ROVER
then SPREAD THE WORD and post up Topics on your respective
owners Club Web-sites.

We have a few basic rules for the Meet, this is to make sure we
Represent the club in a responsible manner

1. NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR
2. NO WHEEL SPINS
3. NO BURN-OUTS
4. NO DOHNUTS
5. NO DANGEROUS MANUVERS (Handbreak turns etc)
6. NO BLASTING SOUND SYSTEMS
7. DRINK RESPONSIBLY

Disclaimer,please read

ANY BREECH THESE RULES AND YOU WILL EJECTED FROM THE MEET AND BANNED FROM FUTURE MEETS

MEETING DETAILS

The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127
as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and
slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The Directions and Post Codes listed below will get you there.

ADDRESS

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden
Wheelchair Access
Disabled Toilet
Baby Changing Facility
Outdoor Children's Play Area
Car Parking 100+ spaces
Debit & Credit Cards accepted
Great Hot Food
Selection of Beers, Wines and Spirits

WEBSITES, MAPS & LINKS

The Halfway house website

Google Map

MG-Rover South East Facebook page

If you have ANY Problems just send Admin
a PM if you need anymore info or Directions,
we are happy to send out Mobile Numbers to anyone
interested in coming so we can keep in touch for Future
meets and events.

1-Alan (Rover BRM)
2-Peter ( MG ZS)
3-Bob ( MG ZT 260 SE)
4-Kevin (MG ZS) sold ZT and bought a ZS
5-Mike Stafford (MJS & Van) has confirmed he will be there.
6-Yellow Peril (MG ZT )
7-Woody804 (MG ZS)
8-Lauren (MG ZR) Car has been repaired and will be at the meet.
9-Dave (Dodge V8 or MKI 1 VW Golf)
10-Mr Zonk (MG ZTT)
11-Mrs Zonk (MG ZR)
12-Mark (MG ZT)
13-Woof25 (ROVER 75)
14-Mr & Mrs Nertman (ROVER 75)
15-David75 (ROVER 75)
16-Daytona (MG ZS)
17-Simon (MG ZR)
18-Beejay (Rover 75)
19-Howey (MG ZTT)
20-Handyandy1966 (Rover 75)

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an offical 75 and ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.

FLYING BANANA
28th March 2013, 13:22
THE DATE HAS BEEN BROUGHT FORWARD ONE WEEK TO THE 21st NOW.

yellow peril
31st March 2013, 09:56
Hi Bob,put my name down for this one please,also cant wait to see either Flying Banana or Blue thunder with the LED rear lights you recently acquired:envy:.All the best mate,Steve :bowdown::D

FLYING BANANA
31st March 2013, 16:34
You are on the ever growing list. Hope to put MG 7 lights on Banana.

FLYING BANANA
2nd April 2013, 07:23
At the moment it looks like this maybe an all MG meet. Lets be having the Rovers joining in.

Woof25
2nd April 2013, 11:15
Sorry Bob have been in hospital for a few days so wasnt able to book me and woof in but put us down as normal

thanks Mike

nertman
2nd April 2013, 13:27
count us in,Nertman and Mrs Nertman

FLYING BANANA
2nd April 2013, 15:21
Sorry to hear you have not been well Woof. Hope all is fine now.
Both now added to the list.

david75
2nd April 2013, 18:50
At the moment it looks like this maybe an all MG meet. Lets be having the Rovers joining in.

I plan to be there.
David

FLYING BANANA
2nd April 2013, 19:38
Now on list.

FLYING BANANA
17th April 2013, 22:04
Bump Bump for Sundays meet.

beejay
18th April 2013, 09:35
Might pop down on Sunday, give new gear box a whirl

Barry

FLYING BANANA
18th April 2013, 12:01
Ok Barry. I'll add your name to the list.

suffolk boy
20th April 2013, 17:36
sorry peeps not able to make this see you all at maningtree or duxford for the v8 do kind regards phillip:}

FLYING BANANA
20th April 2013, 18:36
Never mind Phil. Always another time to meet up. All the best.

Blue Thunder is already for tomorrow.

Howey
21st April 2013, 06:56
Good morning, time permitting I may be able to drop in for an hour to introduce myself.. Look out for a silveR ZTT ... Hope to see you there !,

handyandy1966
21st April 2013, 07:09
will be trying my best to get down today be good to catch up

FLYING BANANA
21st April 2013, 08:25
Both added to list.

suffolk boy
21st April 2013, 17:20
well made it. good meet but the ztt got hit up the back on the way home time for a new back bumper:mad:

FLYING BANANA
21st April 2013, 17:21
What a cracking turnout. 30 cars made the meet. And what a surprise for me for as I turned into the car park Mr & Mrs Redfive were there to greet me. They had travelled up from Weymouth. Will post some pictures later.

handyandy1966
21st April 2013, 17:23
great to meet a few fellow members enjoyed my self thanks all see you all soon

david75
21st April 2013, 17:54
Nice afternoon, excellent weather, lots to look at and chat about.
Didn't take any pics myself, but looking forward to seeing some from others. Thanks, David

Ian G
21st April 2013, 17:57
Hi all
Just to say a big thanks to ALL of you nice folks who made us so welcome today..we will return..In the meantime it would be great to see some of you at the Weymouth meet in May
Cheers Ian & Jan. Mr & Mrs redfive

Howey
21st April 2013, 18:42
well made it. good meet but the ztt got hit up the back on the way home time for a new back bumper:mad:
Bad luck mate, hope you didnt pick up any injuries.. Good to meet you and thanks for the heads up on a few things..you have given me inspiration to get my silver bullet up to scratch
Lee ( silver ZTT)

suffolk boy
21st April 2013, 19:37
Bad luck mate, hope you didnt pick up any injuries.. Good to meet you and thanks for the heads up on a few things..you have given me inspiration to get my silver bullet up to scratch
Lee ( silver ZTT)
thank you nice to have met you.the damage is not to bad ,but the bumper has allready been repaired twice so the paint has lifted of it has huge marks in it so hoping to get it replaced alltogether.the other driver tryed to blame me untill essex police turned up and gave him some basic info on road traffic laws.his attitude and demeanor then changed somewhat.

yellow peril
21st April 2013, 20:47
Hi Bob I agree, Brilliant turnout there were some beautiful cars:drool4: there and so many people to talk to I never got a chance to take any pictures:(. I would like to say a big thanks to Mr & Mrs Nertman for a pleasurable and informative chat:bowdown:

woody804
22nd April 2013, 19:17
What a great turnout, sorry to hear about your car Phil, hope it wasnt too much damage, Not a good day for you, first the pot hole then the bumper, blimey!
Paul

Woof25
23rd April 2013, 11:43
Really bad luck about your bumper !! glad you have managed a repair without a bank loan. It was a great meet and usual and many of the usual offenders where there !! some noticeable by their absence or did i miss seeing jeff ? but usual good humour and banter took place met a nice young man with a BRG TF who clearly is going to be a stalwat at the meetings Zed was there with Bob to start his travels but Mr Shed wasnt able to make it so he will have to wait to start his journey at the Waggon & Horses meet on May the 5th. the weather was remarkable sunshine all day I even had sunburn on my head, I must remember to keep a hat in the car as I seem sensitive to that yellow thing in the sky !!
I did take some pic and attaching them to this post

Mike

Woof25
23rd April 2013, 11:45
I do have more pics but need to downsize them before loading so later

Woof25
23rd April 2013, 12:30
Ok here are the rest including a couple of TR's from or BMC past which Im sure members wount mind seeing again

Woof25
23rd April 2013, 12:33
more of the meet

Woof25
23rd April 2013, 12:35
finally the end

suffolk boy
24th April 2013, 08:18
What a great turnout, sorry to hear about your car Phil, hope it wasnt too much damage, Not a good day for you, first the pot hole then the bumper, blimey!
Paul
thanks paul.new bumper on its way from chester rover.and it looks like now the ztt will be getting reversing sensors.the other driver has paid up for the damage yesterday result:}

Woof25
25th April 2013, 18:00
thanks paul.new bumper on its way from chester rover.and it looks like now the ztt will be getting reversing sensors.the other driver has paid up for the damage yesterday result:}

Glad to hear the guy paid up, so many try to wriggle out of it when I had my former ZR120 a motorist pushed my boot in but agrued it was my fault for braking !!! I had a no fault company take it on and finally got full payment the repair including pulling out floor pan was over 1400 !! I dont think today I would be so lucky with the 75 given the low value insurers place on the cars

suffolk boy
25th April 2013, 18:08
Glad to hear the guy paid up, so many try to wriggle out of it when I had my former ZR120 a motorist pushed my boot in but agrued it was my fault for braking !!! I had a no fault company take it on and finally got full payment the repair including pulling out floor pan was over 1400 !! I dont think today I would be so lucky with the 75 given the low value insurers place on the cars
i only stopped to give way at a roundabout nxt thing bang!x 4 guys got out realy nasty saying it was my fault etc.and insisted i called the police.which i did .seemed a shame not to:}.any way when a nice officer from essex police gave them some basic instruction on english road traffic laws there attitude and demeanor changed towards me changed.funny that:D

Woof25
25th April 2013, 18:13
Sounds like they shot themselves in the foot LOL and they obviously hadnt read the highway recently they were prob chatting and not paying attention to the road, they think because we older we dont know how to drive or the law WELL DONE

suffolk boy
25th April 2013, 18:20
Sounds like they shot themselves in the foot LOL and they obviously hadnt read the highway recently they were prob chatting and not paying attention to the road, they think because we older we dont know how to drive or the law WELL DONE
it was as much as i could do to not burst out laughing when they demanded that.but not wishing to upset them i did as i was told.to see the colour drain from his face as the traffic officer spoke to him was a picture

suffolk boy
10th May 2013, 20:44
the ztt is still not finished.replacment bumper turned up.qiute a few marks in it so off for a repaint.came back only to find it does not fit that well.slightly distorted!pops out by the fuel flap.now held by a mudflap clamp.so bought another one which is on its way fingers crossed.

handyandy1966
10th May 2013, 20:49
the ztt is still not finished.replacment bumper turned up.qiute a few marks in it so off for a repaint.came back only to find it does not fit that well.slightly distorted!pops out by the fuel flap.now held by a mudflap clamp.so bought another one which is on its way fingers crossed.

hope this one better fingers crossed for you