PDA

View Full Version : Beware of the sloshing sound(plenum drains)

winggers67
17th January 2008, 08:19
I know this thread has been hammered to death over time , but thought I should make people aware of why I checked my drains sooner than later.

When taking left and right corners I could hear water sloshing from left to right in front of me.As I'm no motor mechanic I believed that my heater matrix needed bleeding, so left it thinking I would have it checked on the next service , aren't I glad I checked my plenum drains , the water was up to the ECU , the pollen filter was saturated , and I think I was a nats whisker from literally splashing out on a new ECU.

So if there is any new 75/ZT owners out there,like myself, and you hear water running left to right , dont delay and clear your drains. Like many have said, it's a quick and easy fix , and could save you a fortune , good nows what a ecu would cost to replace

JohnDotCom
17th January 2008, 13:31
....and not just a reminder for our New Members either I believe with this weather at the Moment. :D

rapid6
17th January 2008, 17:40
Gave mine a little check today, and all is well.

thankfully:D

neilbm
18th January 2008, 07:08
How many drains are there?. I have unblocked the one on the near-side bulk head.

winggers67
18th January 2008, 08:52
How many drains are there?. I have unblocked the one on the near-side bulk head.

The main culprit is located under the ecu , there is a excellent how too in the members section , click members on the home page followed by data , and what you require is the how too section.
sounds like you may have unblocked the upper plenum, the one seen without removing any covers, a short rubber tube.

Jules
18th January 2008, 09:17
I know this thread has been hammered to death over time , but thought I should make people aware of why I checked my drains sooner than later.

When taking left and right corners I could hear water sloshing from left to right in front of me.As I'm no motor mechanic I believed that my heater matrix needed bleeding, so left it thinking I would have it checked on the next service , aren't I glad I checked my plenum drains , the water was up to the ECU , the pollen filter was saturated , and I think I was a nats whisker from literally splashing out on a new ECU.

So if there is any new 75/ZT owners out there,like myself, and you hear water running left to right , dont delay and clear your drains. Like many have said, it's a quick and easy fix , and could save you a fortune , good nows what a ecu would cost to replace

Heater matrix!! Thats exactly what I thought it was when a few years ago I first heard that sloshing sound. Good reminder and don't forget to do the spyhole mod;)