PDA

View Full Version : Next years Perth Event?

Astraeus
12th April 2013, 20:57
Hi all

After a successful event at Perth Airport this year I have decided that we will have another go at organising the same sort of thing next year. I would like some ideas about dates from members. My own feeling is that some weekend in May be a better bet for some decent weather yet be outwith the summer holiday period. Can I have your thoughts please either by PM or on this thread?
The visit to Scone Palace was a highlight for me (along with the marvellous Brian and Gary of course) and I would like to organise something similar for the next event. Wherever we decide would have to be close (ish) to Perth. Again, let me know of any ideas you may have about this.

Boat back in the water so hopefully we will not get some decent weather so the sailing can commence! :drool4:

Regards

Chris

Astraeus
12th April 2013, 21:26
Footnote

My own thought on where we could visit on the Sunday is Stanley Mills. This is a fairly new visitor attraction and I am sure we could organise tour and photo opportunity. current entry price is £5.50 with 10% discount for groups. Also it is indoors! You cannot trust our weather!
http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/stanley/stanleymills/index.html

Chris

Graham1961
12th April 2013, 21:46
The Perth meet last month was a fantastic success and yes, i think we should make this happen again, even twice a year, i loved it.

marinabrian
12th April 2013, 22:02
The Perth meet last month was a fantastic success and yes, i think we should make this happen again, even twice a year, i loved it.

I'll go, if you promise to polish my car up like yours Graham ;)
Mmm Firefrost :drool4::drool4:
Brian :D

FLYER
12th April 2013, 22:15
Great idea , and this time i might go up in one of those wee planes :D

Alan_G
13th April 2013, 06:47
Great idea, if its may can we avoid the may weekend as I normally run in the Edinburgh marathon 10km although next year I am thinking about the half marathon. :thumbup::D

Graham1961
13th April 2013, 08:15
I'll go, if you promise to polish my car up like yours Graham ;)
Mmm Firefrost :drool4::drool4:
Brian :D

Hi Brian....I had to give the car the mother of all valets when i got back to my garage, which has given me an idea, you with your T4 and i will do car valets "while you wait" could be a good service that......;)

Tim_Burgess
13th April 2013, 16:29
Hi Brian....I had to give the car the mother of all valets when i got back to my garage, which has given me an idea, you with your T4 and i will do car valets "while you wait" could be a good service that......;)

I could be in the middle doing scratch repairs.:D What a team!

Definitely up for this again. I think the old Dorchester Red lady would benefit from some T4 lurve.;)

Gurgle260
20th April 2013, 21:42
We would be up for it too...and would even try one of the plane type microlites this time

Only problem is knowing in advance what dates we would be available, but around May would be better for the weather

Robert and Lauralin

Astraeus
21st April 2013, 18:01
We would be up for it too...and would even try one of the plane type microlites this time

Only problem is knowing in advance what dates we would be available, but around May would be better for the weather

Robert and Lauralin

Hi all

I have spoken to Derek from The Scottish Aero Club (hosts for this year) and they would be delighted to have us again next year. We cannot fix a date until January as their club will not have their own dates for fly ins etc until then. He agreed that a date in May would be better and hopefully more likely to enable flying. I have given him a few photos for their newsletter.
Will continue with planning but no date can be fixed until January.
Chris