PDA

View Full Version : any manual adjustment for idle? diesel

pondweed
18th January 2008, 17:56
interesting that new car seems to idle slightly lower than the old one. I like that mostly, but occasionally it feels like its a bit 'vulnerable'.
Is there an adjustment anywhere for it, physically or on testbook? Or is it fixed and either "working correctly" or "something's wrong"!
I'm still to put on a cleaned flowed EGR (the jury is still out) and do my pcv and air filter and belt a tankful through of double-helpings Millers, but it would be nice to be prepared for every eventuality.

JohnDotCom
18th January 2008, 19:18
The Adjustment on tick-over is adjusted Manually using a T4 Diagnostic Computer.
A lot of dealers don't seem to know you can do this for some reason.
Keith may be able to give you more Information but haven't seen him around much lately, so you may have to PM him to refer him to this Thread.
He of course also does let people sort their cars on T4 for a reasonable amount, I know it is a Distance for you but could be worth a Day trip out?

pondweed
20th January 2008, 10:34
replacing the dirty 84k EGR with a cleaned one has brought idle up by about 50rpm to normal.

JohnDotCom
20th January 2008, 10:39
Glad you got it sorted.
I've seen it only adjusted before using the T4. :D

pondweed
20th January 2008, 11:41
thanks - for prev info too!
I was surprised, as I thought that the computer would have adjusted it somehow to compensate for the reduced flow...

sworks
20th January 2008, 16:06
Your correct JDC, tickover can only be adjusted with T4