PDA

View Full Version : Plenum question

mr_cs
18th January 2008, 18:15
In the very helpful collection of PDF files, there is one on clearing the plenum drainage system (whatever that might be!!). It says -

Action required: For vehicles with original plenum drainage system follow the procedure below. For LHD vehicles the process is mirrored. For vehicles with later type drainage system (bungs instead of drain tubes) no action is necessary.

Can anyone tell me when the later drainage system was introduced and for which models?

Thanks

Colin

ragitty
18th January 2008, 18:30
Here is the "how to" the difference is I believe on the 2003 models the plenum drain drivers side only, at the top of the wing where the bonnet hinges may be a rubber bung, there fore no action required with this particular plenum.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

T-Cut
18th January 2008, 19:18
"- - For vehicles with later type drainage system (bungs instead of drain tubes) no action is necessary."

The 'How To' instructions here are inaccurate and ambiguous. It should say 'For vehicles with the later type drainage system, the driver's side tube was replaced with a bung. No action is required to this side. The passenger side should be modfied as described below.'

TC

Dave Goody
18th January 2008, 19:52
In the very helpful collection of PDF files, there is one on clearing the plenum drainage system (whatever that might be!!). It says -

Action required: For vehicles with original plenum drainage system follow the procedure below. For LHD vehicles the process is mirrored. For vehicles with later type drainage system (bungs instead of drain tubes) no action is necessary.

Can anyone tell me when the later drainage system was introduced and for which models?

Thanks

Colin

Colin can I suggest you give an approx location under your name you might get a helpful local member pop round to show you how to do it?;)

GERFIX
19th January 2008, 06:28
The 'How To' instructions here are inaccurate and ambiguous. It should say 'For vehicles with the later type drainage system, the driver's side tube was replaced with a bung. No action is required to this side. The passenger side should be modfied as described below.'

TC
I agree with this. I have a bung on the driver's side and my passenger side drain was blocked to the point of actually looking like a bung!!

Dave Goody
19th January 2008, 19:21

Thanks

Colin

Hi Colin, I thought from one of your previous posts mentioning A13 or A127 that you were local to me. Do you come anywhere near Danbury, Chelmsford
occasionally? I'm sending my phone no. by pm to you and if you want to get in touch I can show you how to, and where. If you don't get out this way, I will be your way sometime in the next 3 weeks. I have had 75/ZTs for 9 years, a diesel saloon, diesel tourer and now a ZT 190 Cheers Dave

JohnDotCom
19th January 2008, 22:35
Good to offer Help Dave, Thanks.