PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 in tank filter

gizgrady05
15th April 2013, 14:50
Hi to all agane just a quick one how often do you change the 2.5 I'm tank fuel filter I cant believe that a fuel filter can do possible 112000 miles with out a change and all the uther cars I have ever had got the fuel filter dun at about 12000 miles or yearly all your thoughts and comments will help thanks all once agane

v-man
15th April 2013, 15:52
I thought they were a "for life" unit, rather than one that needs replacing every X miles. I might be wrong though.

gizgrady05
15th April 2013, 16:10
The point I am trying to get a cross is a k&n induction kit is for life but you still have to manetane it with filter cleaner and filter oil or it becomes useless and is jus like runing wit no filter but if I am wrong I will bow down to peeps how know more and the next point is what did rover say the life span of the 75 & zts as when Vauxhall was offering a life time warranty it ran out after 100000 miles so if rover was thinking along the same lines that means the filters life is 100000 miles if that all makes sense

mh007
15th April 2013, 16:23
As far as I know, there's no set time/mileage.

One of my R75's has done 140k without issue.

I think it's a case of change/clean if there's a problem.

gizgrady05
15th April 2013, 16:46
Must admit I am a believer in prevention rather than wating on a prob cuming and I am a nitdrain washed ffrom my army days only doing things when told to lol just trying to get up to speed on the v6 it's all ne to me it's amazing how technical the rovers got compared to a old school mini lol

T-Cut
15th April 2013, 16:54
Petrol filter elements fitted as in-tank modules are designed 'for life' use. There isn't a service schedule and I've not yet read of a proven case of petrol filter blockage. They aren't like coffee filters, they're depth filters. Although they get superficially black after a few months in service, they'll actually keep working for as long as the car runs. Of course there's nothing to stop you renewing the filter element as a feel good factor. They're around £40 these days. I'd say it's far more important to fit the FOC than it is to renew the element. If you do open up the module to replace the filter, then I'd strongly advise you to fit the FOC. Once unscrewed, the module gets easier to unscrew and that's the direct route to FFS.

TC

gizgrady05
15th April 2013, 17:49
Cheers t-cutt min don't have the foc on it going to order order one tomorrow for peace of minded after what you have sade I will stick the cash towards sum t4 time instead as I got new vis moters big difrance and.was thinking I may be geting robed of more power sum place lol

Fusilier
15th April 2013, 18:12
Cheers t-cutt min don't have the foc on it going to order order one tomorrow for peace of minded after what you have sade I will stick the cash towards sum t4 time instead as I got new vis moters big difrance and.was thinking I may be geting robed of more power sum place lol

Joe

Have a look here

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=114564

pm me if your interested

Stu

gazza190
15th April 2013, 18:19
hi mate. i have seen a few of them block up now on higher mileage cars and cause them to cut out. so i would say worth doing. there is no set interval for them. they are considered for life. i bought a 1.8 filter for my 1.8t. i then sold the car so swapped it with the one in my new 190 and it was exactly the same. so although there is not.one listed for the v6 the 1.8 filter does fit. and i would.say worth doing if you have high miles.

gizgrady05
19th April 2013, 18:26
just got new filter in wis i did it when i got the car gose like nuthing on earth now omy god its going to cost me a boom in fuel now thanks for all the help guys still going to get a t4 just to check it over and agane meany thanks

joe