PDA

View Full Version : Parking Sensors

Whisky Willie
19th January 2008, 11:30
I wish to fit parking sensors at the front and rear of my 75
Fitting the rear ones are not a problem other than I would like to fit them without using the bumper. i.e. drilling and using red sensors in the rear light clusters and also drilling the rear number plate and using two yellow sensors.
These four sensors in my mind would be unobtrusive and leave the rear bumper untouched. Thoughts please!!

The front sensors I have purchased in the form of a black bar that fits underneath the front number plate [these contain three sensors]
Fitting appears simple enough but I would like to fit them to a circuit that is only active when the engine is running.
If possible I would like to dispense with a switch and use them without.
If a switch is needed so be it but ideas to the connections supply wise, would be helpful.

Bob

Simon
23rd January 2008, 23:21
One member on here has wired some front sensors up to the front fog lamps. When you switch the front fogs on the sensors then become active, which is a useful combination for low-visibility parking.

Whisky Willie
25th January 2008, 20:18
Thanks Simon
I'm pretty new to this sight and am not too sure of the procedure .... how do I find this member? COS it sounds like a good idea and the location is very near the unit I intend to fix
Bob

Duotone
25th January 2008, 20:23
The member who has fitted front parking sensors is yp53

Dave T