PDA

View Full Version : Air Flow Meter for Rover 75

MARKF1
19th January 2008, 19:35
Hi, I am a new member and I am desperately in need of some advice/guidance.

My father has a Rover 75 club SE CDT Tourer for which he's been told he needs a new air flow meter.

The cost he has been quoted was a tad prohibitive and has asked me to try and source him an alternative.

We both have a modicum of technical ability so a simple fix/installation, etc would be within our capability.

Any advice/guidance anyone can offer would be greatly accepted.

JohnDotCom
19th January 2008, 22:31
Welcome to the Club Mark Plenty to read on Here on that and Many other things.
Not sure What you have been Quoted but
Keep an eye open on EBay, Try Les at SMC Trading a Member on here, you never know what he has in his Warehouse :D Also give Rimmers a ring, or E-Car Parts Sandy Beds, on EBay Shop as ECP2004. See Here For Part: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MASS-AIR-FLOW-METER-ROVER-75-DIESEL-FREELANDER-TD4_W0QQitemZ140200173544QQihZ004QQcategoryZ10414Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
For lots of Help for Changing the MAF and supply, and how to Improve Your diesel to run better see Rover_Ron's Banner ad on top of Pages, and many threads on here.

Rov5
20th January 2008, 22:26
Mark what symptoms are being displayed by the 75,need to make sure it is the MAF.
I would not recommend ebay for MAFs unless it was a genuine Bosch,most of the MAfs advertised on ebay are rubbish,including Xpart.
If it is the MAF a better solution might be to go onto the Rover Ron site and consider fitting his Mafam with a Pierburg Maf. total cost is aroud £120.I think the Pierburg is a better MAF.

baxlin
21st January 2008, 06:46
:wot::iagree: