PDA

View Full Version : Should i take any precautions removing seats?

Southside
20th January 2008, 09:30
Right later on today im going to be removing the front seats from the ZT to replace the seatbelt pretentioners. The seats also have the side impact airbags. Do i need to take any precautions when removing the seats to prevent the airbags going off? I know with the steering wheel bag its usually turn off igntion, leave for ten mins, disconnect battery then leave for another ten mins before removing airbag.

JohnDotCom
20th January 2008, 09:51
It would in my opinion be Wiser to follow the same procedure, I am rather cautious though.
Don't forget to have Radio serial Number where required and follow proper shut down procedures if you have Sat Nav.
Better safe than sorry. :D

STUBIE
20th January 2008, 10:02
I refitted the steering wheel airbag a number of times when upgrading the steering wheel on my 75's and rather than disconnecting the battery I have alaways removed the SRS (airbag system) fuse and waited 20 mins.

Stubie

stocktake
20th January 2008, 10:05
Other way you could try that was posted on here somewhere long ago, but it is entirely up to you.

Have a look in your hand book and look for the fuse that disables the airbags in passengerside footwell. That is the one I removed when I had my steering wheel airbag off quite a few times. I was trying to fit a switch for my trafficmaster. I Must have disconnected and reconnected the airbag half a dozen times during the day with no problem whatsoever. Replaced fuse when finished , all OK.

Ended up putting switch elesewhere in the end :):):

As I say its up you you how you proceed.