PDA

View Full Version : Largs for chips?

Simondi
23rd April 2013, 10:59
I'm getting bored and I want chips:eek:

Now that the better weather is here(yes,yes, I know, still think positively) what are your thoughts on meetings up one evening in Largs for chips and a chat?

AldoR
23rd April 2013, 11:15
Think that be a good idear :D

Graham1961
23rd April 2013, 18:56
Aye, I'd love a run out to Largs, if it fits in with my days off, i will be up for this.

Thomas
23rd April 2013, 19:09
Good shout, any date in mind? or one night now that the lighter ones are here?

pab
23rd April 2013, 19:38
Obviously Chips need to be eaten indoors at Largs because of the seagulls, you don't want a scene from Alfred Hitccock's The Birds on your hands.

The wife and I used to use a rather nice ice cream cafe on the front.

Simondi
23rd April 2013, 20:06
Nardini's I think you will find Paul:D

Definitely have to be eaten outside:D:D

I hadn't thought about dates yet. If folk are thinking about coming from further afield perhaps a Saturday evening:shrug:

FLYER
24th April 2013, 10:06
Chips......................:drool4:.

I,m in.
:D

Dates??????? I,m easy..:D

dattrike
24th April 2013, 13:07

I work with a Scotsman who comes from Largs,
when I showed him this thread he said they are the
best fish and chips in the world, he used to have a fish supper
every friday night.
As an aside, he has a stunning picture of Largs on his computer
as a desktop background, it looks to be a beautiful place and is on my
list of places to visit before I peg it. :D

Enjoy your chips.

Alan_G
24th April 2013, 15:03
As long as I aint working, count me in ;)

chipsceola
24th April 2013, 15:14
I'm getting bored and I want chips:eek:

Now that the better weather is here(yes,yes, I know, still think positively) what are your thoughts on meetings up one evening in Largs for chips and a chat?

Never heard of Largs, did a Google and to refresh your memories of those that have been there, here it is (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=largs+scotland&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADRA_enGB454&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=O_Z3Uf3YGrCM0wW01oDgDQ&ved=0CF0QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=603) enjoy your Chips indoors or in the open!

buzzardjohn
24th April 2013, 18:05
if you can make it a saturday anyone who is far travel they can stay a overnight in my caravan in salcoats if they wish

FLYER
24th April 2013, 21:51
Never heard of Largs, did a Google and to refresh your memories of those that have been there, here it is (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=largs+scotland&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADRA_enGB454&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=O_Z3Uf3YGrCM0wW01oDgDQ&ved=0CF0QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=603) enjoy your Chips indoors or in the open!if you lived in the west of scotland a wee daytrip to LARGS was a must , fish n chips and an ice cream and a walk along the prom.:D.

It was also the scene of a huge battle between the scots and the VIKINGS , they did a runner after we kicked butt.

2Diesels
24th April 2013, 22:00
Chips eh? is Largs too far for chips??? well I have been known to nip across to Shap when I've got a bit peckish

Simondi
25th April 2013, 06:45
Chips eh? is Largs too far for chips??? well I have been known to nip across to Shap when I've got a bit peckish

They do pies you know :-)

FLYER
25th April 2013, 08:36

That would be one heluva road trip colin.

Re the pies the chip shops here do a tasty Calder Millerfield steak n gravy pie with a luverly crust , deep fried of course.:drool4:

Dorset Bob
25th April 2013, 10:19
My Mother was from Glasgow, and my childhood memories when visiting the clan up there are:-

1. Best fish and chips in the world.
2. Best ice cream in the world.
3. I couldn't understand a word of what anyone was saying. :D

FLYER
25th April 2013, 14:03
My Mother was from Glasgow, and my childhood memories when visiting the clan up there are:-

1. Best fish and chips in the world.
2. Best ice cream in the world.
3. I couldn't understand a word of what anyone was saying. :D

Still the same .:D

StevenGates1963
25th April 2013, 18:17
I would be up for this :}

FLYER
25th April 2013, 20:23
I would be up for this :}

Keep watching for the date mate.:D

suzublu
25th April 2013, 20:55
Used to work in Largs every year,at the Scottish National Gymnastics centre,based in the leisure centre,on the uni site.Stayed in the student digs in the big house,very,very nice place:bowdown: Been in Nardelli's :drool4: & the seafront is beautiful :}

Thomas
25th April 2013, 20:56
Used to work in Largs every year,at the Scottish National Gymnastics centre,based in the leisure centre,on the uni site.Stayed in the student digs in the big house,very,very nice place:bowdown: Been in Nardelli's :drool4: & the seafront is beautiful :}

well come up mate and make a weekend of it ;) bring back some memories

FLYER
25th April 2013, 20:59
Used to work in Largs every year,at the Scottish National Gymnastics centre,based in the leisure centre,on the uni site.Stayed in the student digs in the big house,very,very nice place:bowdown: Been in Nardelli's :drool4: & the seafront is beautiful :}it,s Nardini,s , nardelli was that mafia guy who got blew away in Chicago :D

suzublu
25th April 2013, 21:02
Two out-standing memories Thomas,driving over the hill to be confronted with Ailsa Craig sticking up out of the sea,& Electric Brae,driving up,or down :shrug::D:D

suzublu
25th April 2013, 21:03
it,s Nardini,s , nardelli was that mafia guy who got blew away in Chicago :D
Oh aye :getmecoat::D:D:D you looking at me :o:p::D

Thomas
25th April 2013, 21:06
Two out-standing memories Thomas,driving over the hill to be confronted with Ailsa Craig sticking up out of the sea,& Electric Brae,driving up,or down :shrug::D:D

what no memories of the student digs im saddened by that :p:;):D

RPWC
25th April 2013, 21:09
Wasn't Largs the place where that train overshot the buffers at the station?
Stayed near there about18 years ago at Wemyss bay caravan site, lovely part of the country.

FLYER
25th April 2013, 21:11
Wasn't Largs the place where that train overshot the buffers at the station?
Stayed near there about18 years ago at Wemyss bay caravan site, lovely part of the country.Well remembered , the train ended up in the main street ,

suzublu
25th April 2013, 21:14
what no memories of the student digs im saddened by that :p:;):D
They were all on holiday,whilst we occupied their rooms :getmecoat::D:D:D

Thomas
They were all on holiday,whilst we occupied their rooms :getmecoat::D:D:D

that made me chuckle!

FLYER
Two out-standing memories Thomas,driving over the hill to be confronted with Ailsa Craig sticking up out of the sea,& Electric Brae,driving up,or down :shrug::D:DI stayed in a mates caravan on a site at the electric brae a couple of times , odd feeling driving that road.

Also found a WW2 mortar bomb on the beach there .

Ran away very fast .

Turns out tons of WW2 german captured stuff from submarines was dumped a couple of miles off shore there .