PDA

View Full Version : Another 75 viewing tommorow.

Yorkiebar
20th January 2008, 16:44
going to look at a 52 cdt auto conny tommorow, never been to look at a diesel and a auto before, is there anything i need to look out for? i hope this one is ok cant wait to get a 75 on my drive. Thanks for any advice again! :lol:

pondweed
20th January 2008, 16:50
hi. check cooling fan comes on instantly when aircon is turned on (on diesels). Do this before you start up, just as you put ignition on.

And check with a torch down under the driver side plastic grid below the windscreen, around the base of the master cylinder, and see if you can see water in the plenum chamber....

JohnDotCom
20th January 2008, 22:20
The Auto Boxes should be very Smooth with no Rough gear Changes.
Try using the Winter mode switch on a Gradient from stop and it should pull away cleanly.
Check the things in Post above and make sure the Gearbox Oil was changed at correct times, this is Important and must be the right type of fluid.
If the Test drive shows very Poor Pulling power up to about 3000 revs when the Turbo kicks in could Indicate a MAF required,
other signs of this are Poor Fuel Consumption and extra Smoke from Exhaust.
As in any Car, check everything Electric works and give a Proper Test drive, not these 5 Minute up the Road Jobs.
Best of Luck, Great Cars and with a Ron Box you will think its a Petrol Car for Performance.

Yorkiebar
20th January 2008, 22:32
thx for the advise, have not seen the milage yet i think it will be ok with 70-80k above that im not sure its worth buying? ifs its been well serviced 80-100k miles should still be a good buy ive been told as its on at £3999, would you buy one of these with 100k 0n the clock?? thx for the advise again will take it on a proper test drive as well :)

JohnDotCom
20th January 2008, 22:39
With Full service History, if the Price is right for You, and it is the Car you want, then I would.
But don't just rush to get it if it doesn't meet the extras etc you want, as there are many Good ones out there.
A Diesel properly maintained is good for over 200,000 Miles Normally.
My last one had done that with Minimal Problems at the End.

Dave Goody
21st January 2008, 15:17
going to look at a 52 cdt auto conny tommorow, never been to look at a diesel and a auto before, is there anything i need to look out for? i hope this one is ok cant wait to get a 75 on my drive. Thanks for any advice again! :lol:

Hi Yorkie, Good luck, When you get it, dont forget to put details of model under your name and your approx location [ I guess we know roughly where you come from];) Dave

baxlin
21st January 2008, 15:41
thx for the advise, have not seen the milage yet i think it will be ok with 70-80k above that im not sure its worth buying? ifs its been well serviced 80-100k miles should still be a good buy ive been told as its on at £3999, would you buy one of these with 100k 0n the clock?? thx for the advise again will take it on a proper test drive as well :)

Bought my diesel (manual) at 87000, now done 125000 miles. Still silky smooth.

Also try and listen to the rear fuel pump (located under rear seat, drivers side), it should be audible for a while when ignition switched on.