PDA

View Full Version : How Much Interest - Alignment day/Meet Norwich

Weso
25th April 2013, 22:36
Wymondham, just off the A11 about 10 miles south of Norwich.

In researching where to take my ZT for a 4 wheel alignment i came across a set up remarkably close to me (much to my surprise!) that has hosted the odd car meet on there premises in the past.

It is actually STS Tyre Pros, Wymondham branch

They have the latest Hunter system which in the right hands is just about the best on the market. What makes the difference in this instance is the fact that the guys that run it are petrol heads. The system has the factory settings for both the 75 and the ZT and i believe the tourer.

They are fully aware of the scope for adjustment of our rear suspension which as we know is the key to the 4 wheel alignment.

Mine is now done, and as well as improving the handling it has transformed the ride which has surprised me. (mines a ZT 190!)

Whilst i can attempt with them to get a meet underway, they have hosted the MX5 club (there cars are very adjustable and tunable)

MX5 forum suggests that in Feb 2012 they opened on a sunday exclusively for the club, circa halved the cost of a alignment on the day and set up approx 15 cars on the day.They also offered to fit customer parts on the day at very modest cost, mainly discs and pads.

Whilst i am happy to arrange a gathering this one will take a degree of negotiation with the owners. They have a team of around 5 guys on a normal working day.

Plenty of parking, a pub just across the road and the historic market town of Wymondham 5 mins walk away.

Anyone interested show your interest here 1st and we will see what if anything develops.

If anyone wants there car done sooner, then you can contact them direct (Kieren is the contact there) mention us and the club and you might be pleasantly surprised with the likely cost. Especially on a weekday when they are likely less busy.

As the MX5 guys took full advantage of after, there are some exellent roads to test your new set up (Hethel is just down the road and the local twisty A roads have seen many a Lotus suspension engineer seeking real road conditions...

The end result is likely to improve the ride, handling, and almost certainly preserve the tyre life going forward.

I was very impressed with the care afforded my car, a different class to your normal tyre centre....

Mark

If you want to go direct feel free to pm me for more info.:}

humphshumphs
26th April 2013, 08:38
I've already had a 4-wheel alignment done on my tourer by my very local garage so don't need it done again (yet!)

But am happy to travel to Wymondham for a meet some time. Keep us informed. :bowdown:

beejay
26th April 2013, 09:20
Good for me Mark

davidcarp
27th April 2013, 07:58
I'd be interested in a meet

Jakg
27th April 2013, 08:52
Not massively helpful but I've had some stuff by STS in Norwich and have been quite impressed.

pete9288
29th April 2013, 11:55
I'm in for that. I need a 4 wheel alignment doing on my ZT 190. Had it checked at formula 1 Peterborough and it was out at the front and osr.

freddie
30th April 2013, 07:28
would be interested in a meet

myrover2013
30th May 2013, 17:34
I'm interested , david & jackie

kevthegerbil
1st June 2013, 17:27
I would be intrested

jezcar
10th June 2013, 12:23
If I'm not working I would be interested as I know the front is off.

Weso
10th June 2013, 16:53
Sorry for neglecting this thread since my initial enthusiasm for the potential meet.
To be honest I have since found a better garage with the same alignment kit with even better hands on expertise.
Given I would need around 10 plus cars to make the initial idea of a meet viable. The MX5 club visited recently and they did 14 cars on a sunday on a very wintery day.

I am therefore considering alternative ideas for a meet at the minute.

In the meantime good though STS are my local recommendation at the moment for alignment is

www.thelittlecarclinic.co.uk (http://www.thelittlecarclinic.co.uk)

in Attleborough just off the A11

I am likely to recommend this garage in the dealers list for our area later this month when I have more work done.

The owner like many I have encountered recently is ex Lotus Hethal, and interestingly also ex prodrive and was part of the team contracted to develop the ride/handling of the ZT/75 V8. He tells me some 200 different spring/damper settings were used during testing. Given I have yet to see a V8 in Norfolk? this is largely academic to most but he certainly has KV6 experience and is more than capable of the KV6 belt change at trader type prices. Given the issues finding expertise for our cars in Norfolk is not easy, this place has been a bit of a revelation to me, at least.
They love project work as well and have a Audi TT engine ready to go in a MX5 at some point.
Given some of the hardcore cars I have seen in there workshop recently the name of there garage is somewhat misleading!
Plentiful interesting courtesy cars at very modest cost helps too.
There tyre prices were somewhat a revelation to me also but more on this another time.

In the meantime will try to get a venue and date sorted for a Norfolk meet

Regards

Mark:)

FLYING BANANA
10th June 2013, 17:00
Interested in a meet of any kind in Norfolk.

david1060
14th June 2013, 21:42
I'd be up for a meet in norwich area just joined forum after buying a zt i have to say the car i bought has done 160k but really has impressed me I just wish I'd bought one years ago aways fancied one but never got round to buying one until now

Georgies Dad
15th June 2013, 06:10
Count me in for a Norfolk meet