PDA

View Full Version : 60k service

biggles
21st January 2008, 17:57
Hi all!

I had my 75 in for the 60k service and also to check up on some minor and infrequent coolant loss.

Some staining around the thermostat housing was found so no coolant change was performed and I have instead scheduled for replacing the thermostat and do the coolant change at the same time. Seems to be a good idea to take car of things like this before they get worse. :)

Car was fine otherwise though and the rest of the service was done incuding auto box fluid change. However, now when I drive the car, the gear box is not remotely as smooth in operation as it was before the service. Especially the first two shifts up from standstill appear a great deal more harsh than they did before.

I will of course call the shop tomorrow, but I thought I would ask here as well: Is this normal for a recently serviced box and should it go away?

I had no issues at all with the box before the service. I have also read that it is very important that one uses the correct ATF fluid and according to the receipt they used VYK0000401 which seems correct.

JohnDotCom
21st January 2008, 23:55
I would Confirm what they Put in the Box and it was Done Correctly at the Right Temperature Etc, which is best using T4.

There should be no Running in and should seem no different in fact many say Better.

biggles
22nd January 2008, 06:52
I would Confirm what they Put in the Box and it was Done Correctly at the Right Temperature Etc, which is best using T4.

There should be no Running in and should seem no different in fact many say Better.

I'll do that. So the ATF fluid temperature is readable with the T4? The shop has one of those.

biggles
22nd January 2008, 08:05
Dropped the car off at the shop again now. Lets see what happens.

While driving there I also noticed something that I am pretty sure didn't happen before: While driving at 80 km/h (50 mph) and taking the foot off the accellerator the rpm drops to from ~2000 to ~900 rpm. I remember driving at about 100 and doing the same would cause a drop by only 500 rpm or so.

Anyone who knows what it should be like?

biggles
22nd January 2008, 16:14
According to (the somewhat puzzled) mechanic, the behaviour was caused by ECU inconsistencies. Or, to use the somewhat unscientific explanation that I got, "the car thought it was going uphill all the time".

Reset of main and auto ECU:s solved the problem and now it does indeed drive better than before the box was serviced. :D