PDA

View Full Version : Tam Leek meet at The Hawes 24.5.13

Graham1961
15th May 2013, 21:21
The next Tam Leek meet at The Hawes Inn at South Queensferry will be on Friday 24.5.13.

Usual set up, dinner at 7.30/8.00pm.

I am working till 4pm, so i will head straight from work probably arriving at South Queensferry about 5.30 ish, i normally have a walk along the promenade till folk arrive.

All welcome, see you all there.....:)

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet/event in any way.

MASTIFF2
15th May 2013, 21:42
Hopefully be there , I've got your Banner from Tam's Graham

Brian

Gurgle260
16th May 2013, 14:54
Hi Guys

Hope me and the missus will be there....been interesting lately

I had a heart attack on the 7th May...totally out of the blue...whizzed through from Larbert to Edinburgh , blocked artery sooked out , stent put in and was in hospital (back in Larbert) until Friday 10th. Everything seems to be going fine now (touch wood)

Not to drive for a week so should be OK by end of the month

May have to be picky on the menu though....my days of chips and nice sauces may be gone:cry:.......celery sticks and boiled fish from now on

Cheers

Robert

Astraeus
16th May 2013, 16:44
Hi Guys

I had a heart attack on the 7th May...totally out of the blue...whizzed through from Larbert to Edinburgh , blocked artery sooked out , stent put in and was in hospital (back in Larbert) until Friday 10th. Everything seems to be going fine now (touch wood)

May have to be picky on the menu though....my days of chips and nice sauces may be gone:cry:.......celery sticks and boiled fish from now on

Cheers

Robert

Hi Robert

Glad you are on the mend. Must have been a shock.
Take care

Chris

Astraeus
16th May 2013, 16:46
Hi folks

Wendy and I will not be at this one as we have another thing on. Hope to see you all in June

Chris

Alan_G
16th May 2013, 16:55
Hi Guys

Cheers

Robert

Just read this Robert :( sorry to hear you have been poorly but glad you are on the mend, I did notice I hadn't spotted your car up at knockhill at the weekend. Get well soon, and if u need someone to take the cobwebs off the v8 before the end of the month, I am only in polmont! :p:D

Graham1961
17th May 2013, 10:14
Hi Guys

Cheers

Robert
OMG.....So sorry to hear this Robert, you look such a fit man, glad your on the mend though, look forward to seeing you next Friday, take things easy now ok.

Gurgle260
17th May 2013, 11:12
Hi Alan

I was marshalling at Knockhill on Sunday the 7th May (was at the post between the hairpin and the startline) .....signed off from trainee to full marshal that day ..........and then go and have my heart attack on the Tuesday.. bummer...

Came totally out of the blue ..feeling fine one minute, then cold sweats and dizzy the next....no pain in the chest, no pain down the arm...luckily went straight to my local GP, then straight to the hospital for ECG (where I jumped the queue as I fainted again in the car park)

Quick blue light trip to Edinburgh , then op done under local anaesthetic

I'm feeling fine, just have to make sure I don't overdo it for a couple of months

Cheers

Robert

Alan_G
17th May 2013, 11:54
Yeah I spotted your car on the 7th when I was up. Took a picture of it. So the moral of the story is remain a trainee marshal? :D:p

Seriously though mate, take care of yourself. I won't make the hawes meet as I am working, should be at sarr on the Sunday though as long as I get the day off, although my legs will be tired from my 10km race the day before.

FLYER
17th May 2013, 12:11
What happened to it being the last friday of the month..:shrug:

Suits me as I would have to miss the 31st.

Gurgle260
17th May 2013, 19:30
Hi Alan

Drove my kit car from the Auto Electricians back to my garage today..OK its only about 2 miles..but it's a start

Best of luck with Le Jog.....sounds about 9.98 km too far for me at the moment

:D

Robert

Astraeus
17th May 2013, 20:05

Hi

Yes, I could have managed that date. Never mind.

Chris

Graham1961
17th May 2013, 22:00

Sorry about that George..
I have made a blunder, overlooked the fact May has 31 days.

I will change the date to Friday 31st of may if this is ok, my mistake.

FLYER
17th May 2013, 22:27
Sorry about that George..
I have made a blunder, overlooked the fact May has 31 days.

I will change the date to Friday 31st of may if this is ok, my mistake.

By all means topman but it will rule us out as i have a commitment on the 31st .

Graham1961
18th May 2013, 19:55
Due to an oversight on my behalf I placed the. wrong date in for the Tam Leek meet.
The date should have been the 31.5.13.

This replaces my previous error on this post, but the next Tam Leek meet at South Queensferry will be Fri the 31st of May.

Apologies for the confusion.

Ps Im at Grantown on Spey till tues and I will start (if required) a new thread for the 31st.

Gurgle260
18th May 2013, 21:51
I've noted the change and it seemed to be still OK for us....Probably better as it will give me that bit longer in my "recovery"

Cheers

Robert

Astraeus
19th May 2013, 16:48
I've noted the change and it seemed to be still OK for us....Probably better as it will give me that bit longer in my "recovery"

Cheers

Robert

Hi

I will attend on the 31st. See you there.

Chris

FLYER
20th May 2013, 09:33
Will have to miss this one as I have been roped into helping out at our garden allotment on the friday evening in preparation for the next days open day (blast).

Anyhoo have a good one and we will see you all at the june meet, hopefully by then the date should be set for the Gretna anglo/scottish meet where we will honour Tam with the presentation of his memorial trophy to the best turned out car.

Tams partner Janice will present it on the day.

PS. Gurgle take it easy on the steak n sauce.:D

Astraeus
21st May 2013, 15:55
Will have to miss this one as I have been roped into helping out at our garden allotment on the friday evening in preparation for the next days open day (blast).

Anyhoo have a good one and we will see you all at the june meet, hopefully by then the date should be set for the Gretna anglo/scottish meet where we will honour Tam with the presentation of his memorial trophy to the best turned out car.

Tams partner Janice will present it on the day.

PS. Gurgle take it easy on the steak n sauce.:D

After previous posts I hope your better half doesn't have you pencilled in as fertiliser:shrug:

:D

Chris

buzzardjohn
21st May 2013, 19:01
george did you have anything in the chelsea flower show did you win anything

FLYER
21st May 2013, 21:18
george did you have anything in the chelsea flower show did you win anything

Maybe next year john .:D

buzzardjohn
22nd May 2013, 10:44
did your car pass its mot

FLYER
22nd May 2013, 23:24
did your car pass its mot

Yes it did thanks to Cossie Dunc.

He the man .:D

Astraeus
27th May 2013, 20:47
Yes it did thanks to Cossie Dunc.

He the man .:D

Hi

I am popping along after a visit to Cossie Dunc to pick up a couple of bits!
Who else is coming?

Chris

Terrorfex
27th May 2013, 21:49
I shall be.

buzzardjohn
28th May 2013, 10:13
coming up for the forth time me and wife

1977andrew
28th May 2013, 18:03
I will try and make friday :D

Alan_G
28th May 2013, 18:42
I won't be along as we are heading out for a family dinner for the sister in laws birthday.

Scotscim
28th May 2013, 20:23
Ill try to make it along but heading south in the morning to pick up my new 75 so may be late.
Greig

Gurgle260
29th May 2013, 20:56
The Boss is double booked but I might come along on my ownsome

Need to study the menu for low cholesterol stuff......no chips or sticky toffee pudding........sigh !!!!:(:(:(

Robert

Astraeus
29th May 2013, 22:27
The Boss is double booked but I might come along on my ownsome

Need to study the menu for low cholesterol stuff......no chips or sticky toffee pudding........sigh !!!!:(:(:(

Robert

Hi Robert

Hope you can make it. See you there

Chris

AldoR
30th May 2013, 21:43
We will be at this one time around 745 as work doesn't allow me to get there earlier:)

Astraeus
30th May 2013, 23:47
We will be at this one time around 745 as work doesn't allow me to get there earlier:)

Hi

Hope you are bringing the new car. It looks very good indeed!

Chris

Graham1961
31st May 2013, 09:01
Sorry for late posting folks..computer breaking down.

Anyway table has been booked at The Hawes Inn for 12.

I will be there about 5.30pm and will have my usual walk about till folk arrive, see you all there.....;)

1977andrew
31st May 2013, 17:14
I wont be there technical issues.not mines btw:mad:

FLYER
31st May 2013, 21:58
Hope you all had a good night , sorry we could,nt be there .

buzzardjohn
1st June 2013, 12:50
good night as always shame about the parking rat bikers took over prom

Graham1961
9th June 2013, 08:43
Another good evening at The Hawes, very enjoyable.

Greig (Scotsim) I have the spare headrest in my car, so i will not forget to bring it for the next meet.:)